“good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Vernal, Utah
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Love Prime Rib Fridays. Services is excellent, food is wonderful. Make sure to try the scones. They are usually busy but they move really fast.

Visited March 2012

37% Recommend
Laguna Beach, California
“Good place for basic food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good location and efficient service. Being from CA it was hard to find fresh veggies and fruit in restaurants. They only offered canned peaches as a fruit option. But over looking that the food will keep you going . You also can order a packed lunch to take along on your hiking for the day.

Visited September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Tasted like a home-cooked meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We arrived in Vernal at 8:00 pm on a Friday night, hungry and ready for dinner. We saw the 7-11 Ranch Restaurant and decided to give it a try. We were seated immediately and our waitress arrived to take drink orders within minutes.

The place was brightly lit and looked clean. The only thing that really bothered me was the honey butter sitting on the tables. It's out in the open on the table and the first thing my 5-year-old did was picked up the serving spoon and took a bite. The problem with that, it appears that same honey butter will be sitting there for the next group who have no idea what my child has done (though I did tell the waitress so she could replace it). Which only makes me wonder who else might have done something similar before we arrived.

The waitress was fast taking our order and bringing our food but slow to check on us for drink refills. My husband ordered breaded pork chops ($12) served with soup and salad. He said it was good. I had a 7-11 Double Burger with fries ($7.50) and a dinner salad ($2.50). I'm a picky eater so I liked the salad because it was plain, lettuce with croutons, two slices of onion and a cucumber slice. The burger was good. It was two thin patties stacked on top of one another with a slice of cheese and bacon (extra). The fries were delicious, sort of thick sliced. My 9-year-old had a kids burger and fries. My 5-year-old had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with fries. Everything looked like something we'd made at home and tasted that way too (very good).

The only problem we had was paying the bill. The front of the restaurant is a gift shop and the same place we pay for our meal but there wasn't anyone working the cash register. We were second in line and after waiting 5 minutes and seeing 3 more people behind us, I went to find someone. I saw a door that said management and went in to find an older man sitting at a desk. When I asked if someone was working the register, instead of asking why or apologizing he quickly said, "Yes! 5 people!" Well, obviously, that wasn't true. He got up and went in the kitchen yelling that customers were waiting. Again, never an apology.

We'll definitely go back again. Good food. Average price. Great place to take a family.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vail, CO
“Number 1 Restaurant for 'The worst food you will ever eat'”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I admit. This restaurant has some merit. I tried hard but I couldn't think of a restaurant where I
have had worse food than here.

Their soup is canned store bought soup. Their salad was just some chopped lettuce on a small plate. The burger patties were terribly dry and tasteless. The bun was stale and old.

The servers kept sweeping the whole time we were there with no regard for the guests that were having lunch.

At one point, I saw the server sweep a table with the same broom that she used for the floor. It was truly disgusting.

Please, save your money and if you are in Vernal and truly starving, pick any other restaurant.

Should you consider the Ranch restaurant, you will leave still hungry, with a dent in your pocket and with a terrible taste in your mouth.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado
“Home "Cookin"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

After traveling all day, this seemed to fit the bill when hungry and tired. We wanted simple, good home cooked food and this was perfect.

Visited July 2012