My spouse and I stayed at this property for two days this October on our first visit to Bryce National Park. I did not check the Trip Adviser reviews but got information from the Frommer's book on the National Parks. This motel was described as clean, a good value in a relatively good location. Frommer's also stated that the rooms had phones, WiFi, and that the property had two hot tubs. We did have a large room with a refrigerator and microwave. The appliances worked and the water was hot. This is where the compliments end. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, the WiFi did not work, there was no phone and the towels and sheets were disgusting. The towels were grey, frayed and smelly. The sheets were thin and barely covered the bed. When I asked for a phone for the room, the desk staff stated that I must not have found it. Well, I may be in my 60's but I know what an empty phone jack looks like. There were no hot tubs. Apparently the room that we occupied did not have WiFi reception since the siding interfered with the reception. It was suggested that I sit outside on a cold and rainy evening and maybe I could get some reception. The staff member appeared to neither know how to fix problems and/or did not care. I usually find some good things to say about places (I found the hot water to be the good thing) but in this case I would not recommend this property at all. This property needs a major overhaul and the staff needs a major attitude adjustment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bryce Pioneer Village! Recently under new Management, we are Bryce Pioneer Village strive to make your stay a great experience. We have Single Queen Motel rooms and Cabins as well as Two Double Bed Motel rooms. Some select Cabins and Motel rooms have extra Amenities such as Fridge/Microwave, and kitchen space. We also have an on site Restaurant, "The Showdowns" (Please call ahead to see if we are open with entertainment on select nights.) There is plenty to do here in Tropic, including a secret back trail to Bryce Canyon National Park from here called Tropic Trail. We are making a lot of improvements in regard to our way of business and look forward to sharing what we have done with you! - Christopher Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Bryce Pioneer Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryce Pioneer Village Tropic, Utah
- Bryce Pioneer Village Hotel Tropic