“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Tropic
Ludington, Michigan
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Small but clean room with very few restaurant choices. But glad we stayed here instead of having to deal with all the craziness at Ruby motels and restaurants which is your other option. Our room was 106.00 total. They gave you a 30% coupon to eat next door at Clark's or have two free pancakes and coffee. This hotel was about a 10 minute drive to Bryce Canyon so good location.

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wasn't really expecting much out of this hotel. It was cheap and it was fairly close to Bryce Canyon (~10 miles) which is why we booked it. I was very pleasantly surprised, however, to find the hotel to be much nicer than the far more expensive hotel we stayed at near Zion National Park earlier in the week. Our rooms were neat and clean. The mattresses and furniture seemed fairly new and of good quality.

Clark's restaurant is quite cheap and, while not amazing, is a definite step up from most continental breakfasts. I'm willing to pay a few $ for breakfast if it means I get something better than fruit and cold pastries, so I was happy about this arrangement.

My only complaint might be that we arrived at 8:30 pm and the reception was already closed. They taped an envelope with our key cards and room information to the front door, so we got in just fine. One usually expects the reception of a hotel to be open later than 8:30 pm though, so I thought that was a little odd. Still, I can't really complain too much. The overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
McMurray, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Only 10 minute drive from Bryce Canyon Park, very clean, beds comfortable, pillows fluffy, roomy, coffee in room. No free breakfast but 2 free pancakes per person at Clark's restaurant next door. The pancakes at Clark's are great, good prices but bacon tasted like cafeteria leftovers warmed up--skip bacon. I was impressed with the high quality of this reasonably-priced hotel and will look for this chain in other locations for future trips if this location is representative of their standard.

Havelock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As promised to Mykelle Richards, Manager of Bryce Valley Inn and Sandra Olsson, Director of Guest Relations for America’s Best Value Inn & Suites, I am writing a review of our stay at Bryce Valley Inn, Tropic, Utah on the night of October 10, 2012.
My husband and I made reservations for a one night stay at the Bryce Valley Inn for October 10. We chose this hotel despite reading negative reviews on Trip Advisor because it was very close to Bryce Canyon and the price was right. We checked in early evening. Our room was in the building in the rear of the hotel on the second floor. As we approached the building I noticed several people sitting in the open air smoking area of the hotel on the second floor; and yes, they were smoking.
Our room was just a few feet from this smoking area. Although the hallway is covered, it is an open air hallway. There were no closed doors to contain the smoke; it is able to drift down the hallway. Both my husband and I smoke. We used the smoking area and never once smoked near our door or in the hallway.
As for the hotel, it is very old and in need of repair and modernization. The roof is missing a great deal of shingles. The room was simply decorated. The mattresses were very old and dingy in appearance. They were uncomfortable. The blankets on the beds had holes in them. The pillows were slightly lumpy. The bathroom was not clean. I went to take a shower and thought better of it when I noticed both dirt and dust on the rim of the tub. There were water spots on the bath fixtures. I wondered when the last time that tub had actually been cleaned. On the door of the cramped bathroom was a splatter of something brownish in color. I would have complained to the front desk and asked for another room except the hotel was full that night.
Upon arriving back home in North Carolina, I noticed a $251 charge on our credit card from Bryce Valley Inn. I emailed the manager. Mykelle responded with “the maid saw a sign” that we had been smoking in the room (It may have been an empty cigarette pack in the trash can). I wrote to guest relations for America’s Best Value Inn and had my email referred back to the manager of the hotel. I got another email from Mykelle this time saying that the maid smelled smoke when she entered our room. I again got an email with a case number from Sandra Olsson regarding my complaint
As of today I have not received the $251 credit I requested. If you are planning a trip to Bryce Canyon stay elsewhere. Don’t subject yourself or your family to inferior accommodations. You too may be accused of doing something you didn’t and get hit with a big charge.

Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We reserved two double beds and they upgraded us to two Queens because they were available. Very nice people. We were pleasantly surprised at the great restaurant next door. (Clarke's) bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ( minimum of 200 characters) bla bla bla bla

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

charged for a king,room had a table &chairs you couldn t even use.a coat/garment rack against the bedwall( my 5`2 wife narrowly avoided getting clobbered by,every time she went to bed)this room was barely large enuf to place a queen,nevermind a KING! exposed outlet, cracked TV cabinet,and a curtain rod hanging by a thread,also threatened to clobber the wife.,as far as any tourist info from the front desk people,well,i hope you did your research,there was very little in the lobby,as far as the restaurant,you do receive coupons for free pancakes/and/or 30%an entree,provided you get waited on,enuf said. i recommmend the pizza place down the street.you could do worse for lodging in the area,but it`s questionable.

Room Tip: research other hotels in area bfore selecting this one
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed in Nov. of 2011 and really thought it was a good room for the price. The huge hotel right outside the park was too expensive for us; we spend all day out and about and really only use the room to sleep and shower before we're off again. The free pancake breakfast was more than adequate and we loved the views right across the street of the pink cliffs. The ride to Bryce was less than 30 minutes and was close to Kodachrome State Park too. Would recommend to travelers on a budget who aren't looking for frills. The on site little store was very convenient too

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bryce Valley? Share your experiences!