“great place to stay with on govt business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn & Suites

American Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tooele
491 South Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Tooele
san di
“great place to stay with on govt business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

on govt contract, i was at the american inn and suites for almost 2 months. felt like home. great room with full kitchen; granite counter tops and full size refrigerator make sure you get a "studio."

great service at front desk and with maintenence. the employees really take of you with anything you need. only way i didn't go crazy on the road for so long. rate was within my per diem, and i was able to save money with breakfast and their rewards program.

the absolute best part was the breakfast. they would make an omelette exactly how i ordered it every weekday morning.

if you can get a room at "the american" booked, make sure you do. probably have to call a couple weeks ahead of time? place was full the entire summer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Late at night and traveling alone. Like to avoid staying in Salt Lake. Decided to get off at Tooele, one of the first town after the salt flats. Drove 20 miles from the interstate to get to the town. All of the hotels appeared to have no vacancy b/c of some event. Found this place and was lucky to get a room. Night staff not too personable, but provided me with service. Room was awesome, toiletries awesome, breakfast had everything I needed, coffee in room was lovely. Would not stay here again if I was intent on keeping on the interstate going east, but as I enjoy taking state highways, this was a perfect choice at the end of the day for doing that and going south of Salt Lake over to Provo to pick up route 6 en route to I-70 back to Colorado. Great, scenic views just miles out of Tooele going south, and a view of Salt Lake itself, too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
McCall, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

Have stayed there many times while doing track days at Miller Motorsports Park. Saw this site when I surfed the 'net to get the phone # to book another couple of nights & saw this site & decided to add my $0.0002.

If you have trailers with expensive equipment, the secure back-in parking in the rear helps one sleep at night.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

Following our arrival on July the 4th, I was initially booked for a price of $135 per day. As it was a 5 day stay, the price was reduced to about $90 per day for 5 days. I informed the clerk that I had booked at $82 per day in April (about the 20th).

She made it clear that she though the initial booker (at the motel, not an agent) had made a mistake in the quote. I'm not so sure. I think the quote was correct when it was made but that prices have increased since then. Either way, she changed the price to the price I had been quoted, without making it an issue.

I appreciate that she had the authority to make the change herself, and that she did it without arguement.

The rooms (my son and his wife and child also received a proper reduction in the price of their room) were very clean, well air conditioned with an Amana unit that includes a temperature sensor (needed for 103 degree days), and well serviced by friendly staff.

The pool and outside areas were well maintained by two young men who stayed busy all day keeping up the landscape the pool, and common areas.

My only gripe would be that the outside smoking areas are to close to the windows and doors. A step outside my door was a stinky ash tray that spoiled an otherwise great impression.

The walls between units are only average in sound reduction, as we could hear a loud TV next door until they went to bed at about 11pm. We had 5am wakeups for go-kart racing at the nearby Miller race complex.

And, by the way, this was the nicest kart track we have even visited (and we've been to many). They have indoor bathrooms with hot and cold water that are kept clean. Good parking and pits that would appear to drain well if it rains (sure wish it had rained while we were there..... 103 for 3 of five days)

Sincerely, Derick Moore

• Liked — Clean rooms, clean pool, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Smoking area outside of rooms to close to the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to American Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!