“over night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Tooele
Canton, United States
“over night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice--clean, friendly staff good location, quiet I think a little over priced for the size of the town compared to the Best Western Inn and Holiday Inn Express which have lower rates and except our business discounts

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

swilcox48, Manager at Hampton Inn Tooele, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We love all our guests and hope you will be staying with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fun time 40th reunion in Tooele. Place was very nice and make my trip even better. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. I have stayed at Hampton Inns and have always been very satisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Family reunions are fun for everyone. Please come back soon!
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is both clean and efficient. It has a wonderful breakfast and a updated fitness center. The opportunity to relax in teh renovated lobby was a nightly delight for the team I led while in Utah for business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn. Come and stay with us again soon!
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel was an excellent find, perched just off Main St. in Tooele. It was clean, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I asked sweetly, and the front desk receptionist gave me a terrific 4th floor room looking out over the Great Salt Lake and at some of the beautiful mountains in the area. It has a free breakfast in the morning, and the overall value was exceptional.

Room Tip: As for a upper level room that looks to the east for a view of the Lake!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
swilcox48, Manager at Hampton Inn Tooele, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We hope you will visit us again soon!
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I wound up spending 3-5 nights here five separate times in 2012. I've stayed on every floor and on both sides of the hotel, and every room was clean and enabled me to have a good night's sleep. Breakfast food is also consistent, with a rotation of 4 different egg preparations and meats. The housekeeping staff and front desk staff are usually friendly and helpful. The elevators, however, are slow and shudder rather alarmingly (for those not use to it) when approaching a stop.

As others have noted, and as is apparently the rule at hotels in Tooele, they have an extremely harsh cancellation policy (minimum 48 hour notice or get charged for one night). I had spent about 20 nights at this hotel this year, but this month (Dec 2012) I missed the last flight of the day out of Detroit to SLC [the Detroit airport suddenly closed down as our flight approached as Air Force One was preparing to leave (the Pres had been speaking in Detroit at some union thing), after circling Detroit a while we had to return to Fort Wayne to refuel; by the time the flight was cleared to take off again, the SLC flight had already departed. The only other connections out of Fort Wayne that day, on any airline, were full; so I was rebooked on the first flight out the next morning]. Anyway, I immediately called to cancel my room that night (at about 3:00pm their time) and although the desk clerk said she'd talk to the manager about it, I still wound up being charged for the night. So much for caring about frequent customers.

If there were anywhere else (clean) in Tooele with a more friendly cancellation policy (i.e. less than 48 hours notice), I'd stay there. If it didn't add another half hour to an hour long commute (one way) to DPG, I'd stay near the SLC airport (although I'd miss Tooele, I prefer small towns).

If it weren't for the cancellation policy, I'd have given service a Very Good rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The Hampton has a 48 hour cancellation policy. We realize this is a little longer than most hotels but we have found it necessary so we can accommodate our guests. If guests cancel on the day of their reservation we have already turned down several other guests who will not be calling back. We are a smaller hotel and there are large number of government employees who work at Dugway and need accommodations.
Thanks for your comments. We work hard to please our guests.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I travel a lot for my company, and can honestly say this is a quality establishment I'd recommend to friends and family. I've stayed here for weeks on end, and we continue to come back every time we need to do a test at Dugway Proving Ground. The staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean, quiet, and very comfortable with a small refrigerator, microwave, bar sink, large LCD TV, good lighting, ergonomic desk chairs with WIFI access. The beds are very comfortable and seemed almost new, with plenty of pillows also. The bathrooms have enough room to spread your gear out without having to stack it in a pile. If you have the time, they have a great indoor exercise room, Jacuzzi tub, and swimming pool too. I've used their conference room also, and they went out of their way to make sure we were accommodated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Salt Lake City. The sunsets and view from the 2nd and 3rd floors are reall...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent four nights here for business; it is on the south end of town, closest to Dugway Proving Ground (but still about 45 minutes from the gate). The hotel is modern and clean, and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. My room (with comfortable king bed, mini-fridge, microwave, large panel TV with DirecTV service) was very clean and spacious. The wireless internet signal was strong and the desk was large and the chair comfortable. I was on the end of the building nearest the road, on the second floor, but I never heard any street noise. In fact, I never heard any noise at all from outside the room. The air conditioner/heater is somewhat loud, but no louder than most hotels. The breakfast was good ... I ate there three mornings in a row and the warmed items (an egg dish and a meat) were different each day; plus they have a waffle maker. This is my first time staying in Tooele, but I see no need to try any other hotel in town when I have to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Tooele? Share your experiences!