“Favorite Resort Hands Down !!!! Paradise !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8841 N Alpine Loop Road, Sundance, UT 84604   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sundance
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favorite Resort Hands Down !!!! Paradise !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife + I spent a few more days at Sundance and had an amazing time as always. We stayed in a Sundance Mountain suite next to the spa. It is an awesome room with full kitchen and larger sitting areas and even a cool scenic loft area.
We did some couples treatments at the Spa which were expensive but well worth it.
We rode the ski lift up during day + hiked around and had an awesome picnic from stuff we purchased at the deli. We also did the nighttime ski lift ride up and down at night during a full moon. We had an awesome horseback ride through gorgeous scenery with close up views of falls and meadows.
Sundance has 2 restaurants and a bar which are all amazing food.

It is a small secluded eco- friendly resort that was founded and preserved by Robert Redford. All electricity ir purchased from wind powered sources and all soaps are made on site.

It is a great place in summer or winter !!! I have been here multiple times and will continue to go back. My wife and I consider it our favorite place on earth !!!!!!

Sundance is our paradise !!!!! A truly remakable place with an amazing history.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SundanceResort, General Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
It sounds like you and your wife had a lovely time enjoying the spa and many activities that we offer especially the romantic ski lift by moonlight! We’re delighted to learn that you’ve discovered paradise right here at Sundance Resort and it would be our pleasure to continue welcoming you both back in the future. Please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I spent two glorious nights at the Sundance Resort halfway through our 'Western States Holiday Tour'. We knew we were going to have some mixed sleeping arrangements and this was meant to be the more pampered experience. And it was - but in a rustically elegant way. We had a mountain cabin that had been appointed with lovely furniture, a full kitchen (we bring our own coffee, so a kitchen is much appreciated) and the sound of the full creek nearby was a wonderful lullabye. I had a fantastic massage at their spa and we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Tree Room restaurant. We WILL be back.

Room Tip: They have a wide variety of rooms and cabins to pick from. Call them to get the type you want.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
SundanceResort, Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
We’re thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Sundance Resort and there’s nothing like a massage at the spa to make your stay that much more relaxing! Thank you for sharing a great tip for reserving the room of your choice as it would be our pleasure to assist our guests in finding the perfect accommodations for their stay. We will be waiting for your return to Sundance Resort and hope to welcome you back soon!
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

If you are looking rejuvenate, relax and recharge, Sundance Resort is the place to go! When I first arrived, it was close to 1AM and went almost immediately to bed after traveling since early morning. I was enveloped in luxurious linens, a wool blanket, a soft down comforter and beautiful down pillows and woke up throughly refreshed. I got to examine my surroundings the next morning and was so impressed by the seclusion of my little cabin suite. I had a deck that overlooked a game trail about 15 feet in front of my cabin. I saw deer, turkey, rabbits and many song birds that would alight on the foliage almost right in front of me. It was just amazing!
The suite had a kitchenette with a stove and mini-fridge and came well appointed with dishes, pots,pans, microwave and just about anything else you might need if you chose to buy some groceries instead of dining out. The kitchen also had a decent sized rustic looking table and wicker chairs. The bath had a jacuzzi tub/shower combination and there was a room attached that had a vanity, built in dresser; a walk-in dressing room of sorts.
Also, near the entry, was a closet with a stackable washer and dryer that I used. It didn't mention that when I booked the room, so that was an added bonus!
Another plus at Sundance was their staff was so polite ahd helpful! Housekeeping does an amazing job but there were so many more people who affected my stay in a positive way. Weston went out of his way to assist me with a few errands and also shuttled me down to the restaurants. JD, who served me at the Foundry Grill, was polite and well-informed on the menu selections and Lori and Chris were a terrific duo at the Owl Bar. I didn't catch all of the names at the front desk but every time I called, I got the answers I was looking for.
I wish to go back someday and try my hand at jewelry making or painting in their workshops or take a day to enjoy the spa that I have heard raves about. There are just so many things to do at Sundance, that you just can't fit everything in on one visit!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
SundanceResort, Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
You’ve painted a picture with the details of your stay which will surely inspire many to make their way to Sundance Resort. Thank you for your kind recognition of our staff. We hope you’ll visit us again soon to try out the creative classes and activities we have to offer. Your brush and easel await you!
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

close your eyes and listen to the river, the wind rustling the aspen leaves and the warm mountian sun on your face. sitting on my deck i open my eyes and look up at mount timp towering seven thousand feet above me and only about a mile away! this resort has a truly european "alps" feel to it with accomodations that Robert Redford has kept rusticaly elegant. a must do for anyone wanting to unwind but not always be unplugged as all the modern convienences are there for you....along with the silence if you listen!

Room Tip: mandan cottages overlooking the river
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the lovely description of your time at Sundance Resort. If Europe is not in the plans this year, we can certainly provide a stunning mountainous view nestled right here in Mt Timpanogos. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Bloomington, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I did not want to leave! My room was great, with amazing views off the balcony. I spent my afternoon hiking and taking pictures of the scenery. The spa was great, and the staff was extremely friendly. The bartender at the Owl Bar was working her butt off but kept up and kept a smile on her face! I did the full moon lift ride, which was a really unique way to see the mountain and something I will never forget. Lastly, I spent WAY too much money in the gift shop! I love the clothes they have in there :)

I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed June 2011
SundanceResort, Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We were touched to learn of your reluctance to leave; you know we would love to welcome you back! It’s always a thrill for us when a guest is inspired to share their experience of Sundance Resort. We are delighted you had an opportunity to experience the Full Moon lift ride and enjoy the beautiful surroundings in this unique way. Thank you for sharing your story and we hope you will visit Sundance Resort again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Sundance is an amazing place and there is nothing like it anywhere. This is where creativity resides. It’s in one of the most beautiful places on earth, tucked high into the mountains of Utah. Peaceful, quiet, the perfect place to recharge, yet there’s also fantastic restaurants, and out-your-door access to hiking, climbing, skiing, fishing, horses and just wondering.

It’s been our home away from home for 25 years, and we miss it every minute we’re not there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
SundanceResort, Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
We are deeply touched that Sundance Resort has been your home away from home for 25 years! It will always be our distinct pleasure to welcome you back to your home in the mountains. We thank you for the beautiful review.
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We just spent 6 amazing days at the Resort. My husband was there for a conference (those accommodations were great) and I went for fun. The setting alone is gorgeous and worth the trip.

We stayed in River Run 9, a room and group of units I highly recommend as you can easily walk to the restaurants, skiing and spa. And the room is right by the creek, so we left open our deck door and listened to the gurgling water...such relaxation! The floors are heated making everything toasty warm. The room is a large loft with an efficiency kitchen and gas fireplace. The bed was extremely comfy and the linens soft.

The staff is helpful and does everything in its power to help and assist you in every way. Their customer service is far and above any other resort of this type that I have stayed at. You are not a number at Sundance but truly a guest! Sundance must have an exceptional customer service training program and philosophy!

The food in the Foundry Grill was delicious - be sure to ask for Darci as your server. She is fun and knowledgeable of their menu. She'll stop by and say hello to you even it you are not at her station.

The Art Shack is a definite place to stop and take a class. I made a fabulous piece of jewelry with my instructor Brittany. We also went snow shoeing up in the nordic center where the views are amazing, the trails well marked and it's really easy to learn how to snowshoe.

Finally the spa....ahh....I arrived for my facial, but first the staff stoked the fireplace, poured me some hot tea and gave me a foot bath...heaven. Halee gave me one of THE best facials ever! She is just great - so much that I went back two days later for a manicure and pedicure.

I'm not a skier, so I can't report on that. But everything at Sundance is wonderful. It's a beautiful and restful spot. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
SundanceResort, Manager at Sundance Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review. All of us at Sundance Resort feel a special joy when our guests feel the warmth, welcome and attentiveness from our staff as each guest becomes part of our Sundance family. Your descriptions match the kind of experience we aim for all our guests. The level of detail you provided is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope it will be soon!

Been to Sundance Resort? Share your experiences!