“This place is ACES!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan

Save Saved
You added Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan to your Saves list
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10704 South River Front Parkway, South Jordan, UT 84095   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA 15% Discount!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in South Jordan
Austin, United States
“This place is ACES!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great crew, great facilities, great amenities. For all you fellow road warriors, you'll feel at home here. It's a $45 cab ride to SLC, but if you like a peaceful running trail, a nearby Lifetime Fitness facility, and peace and quiet of a suburban hotel, gotta try this. THANKS! THANKS!! THANKS!! THANKS!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. We love our running trail too! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Littleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Those of you who don't know me (the vast majority reading this review, no doubt!), please understand: I don't do too many shout outs. There's too much leeway, at times, when people expect a bit of recognition for just "doing their jobs." Not to be terribly insensitive but it's true: we've been somewhat trained to celebrate the mediocre... though, in many ways, as consumers and as a quote/unquote "discerning clientele" we have brought that mediocrity upon ourselves.... that is a digressive conversation for a later date. This is supposed to be positive. Which it most certainly is.

I discovered Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan quite by accident: they had a rate for my stay that was literally $5 less than my usual hotel. I had never heard of them (and no wonder, the hotel is brand new, just opened in December) but in traveling, the new must be tried and experienced... especially if it is within budget. Which they are. And I need to tell you road warriors: Home2 offers what I feel to be the best value in comfort/service of any hotel line of the major chains. Classier than Hilton Garden Inn for less money and still with the free breakfast, much more well appointed than the Hampton Inns for the same money (or, say, $5 less a night? ;) ) and, thus far, outstanding service. Even the WiFi hums along pretty well and, no doubt, today their bandwidth is being tested to its fullest capacity.

This is my third time staying with Home2 South Jordan, and they are definitely under a major test as nearly every hotel, with no exaggeration, between Ogden and Provo, UT are sold out due to the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, which is apparently HUGE. The staff is stressed, the phones are off the hook for rooms that are most certainly not available... this is when "just doing your job" isn't enough. This sort of whirlwind environment takes a crew that is okay with going above and beyond, which is something you really cannot teach or force... with leadership to match. As that leader or manager you can only hire, cultivate, and encourage these intrinsic values, while providing that shining example the floor needs to see when they know armageddon is knocking at the sliding door. And these kids nailed it. Excellent attitudes, the place is unbelievably spotless despite the nonstop traffic, and they're inexplicably still able to joke with the Sony Rep just off of 8hrs of road time... after they've endured their own 10 straight hours of madness...

Special people, special place. I have definitely found my regular point in the Salt Lake City area. Well done, Hilton! Highly recommended.

And thank you, especially, to the staff. You're fabulous.

Much love,

Your Rocky Mountain Sony Photo Specialist.

(copied from my personal facebook page)

Room Tip: I have a tendency to prefer the upper levels of this hotel as they are quieter but, sincerely, the h...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you discovered and enjoyed all of the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. Our team was glowing with enthusiasm after I read them your feedback. They felt happy the pride they take in their job, our hotel, our other team members, and our guests doesn't go unnoticed. So, thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again soon!
Rancho Cucamonga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very nice hotel, staff is friendly and very helpful. We stayed here because we had to bring our 2 dogs. They were great with both our dogs gave them treats and everything. They have designated dog pee/poo areas with bags for pick up. Only thing I disliked is its a non-refundable pet deposit. Really increases the price of the room when youre paying 75$ per dog.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. I apologize you disliked our non-refundable pet deposit. That deposit goes towards cleaning the room of any pet dander after your departure for future guests. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
North Logan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We chose Home 2 because of the price. Room was set up great. Breakfast wasn't the best. They did have a waffle maker. Most everything else was pre-packaged and put in a microwave. Very clean. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our room layout and friendly staff. I apologize our breakfast did not meet your satisfaction. We will look for ways to improve this for future stays. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Misssissauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great hotel, great value, friendly staff and convenient location. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The breakfast for me I didn't use as it's not for my type of diet - way too many carbs. Fresh cut up fruit would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. I apologize our breakfast did not fit with your needs, we will look to add more fruit options in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The breakfast was great (best coffee I have ever had at a hotel---most places give you watered down stuff) and I enjoyed the firepit at night. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer, espeicially the coffee. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Cocoa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

REALLY clean, comfortable hotel. Nice amenities, and even nicer staff. They go the extra mile. Very satisfied overall with my stay. Beds are extremely comfortable....like sleeping on a cloud. Rooms have pretty much everything you need.....truly a 2nd Home. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Josh P, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time and energy out of your busy day to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms, and all the amenities our Home2 Suites has to offer. The Home2 Suites beds are one of our teams favorites as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home soon!

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan? Share your experiences!