“Home Coming” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in South Jordan
Payson, Utah, United States
“Home Coming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After being away for 10 months for the military my wife and I got the Jacuzzi suite. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean, roomy and comfortable. I would recommend staying here!!! And we will both be visiting again soon.
John & Krista

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Each year my friends and I spend the week here while attending the HMQS quilt show. It's comfortable, easy to find and they treat us very well. The morning breakfast they provide is varied and plentiful although predictable.
The location is okay, you do have to drive everywhere with no restaurants within walking distance.

It does work well for us though and we will continue to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Brookings, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel has majority of the amenities one would desire while traveling in an extended stay location. Microwave, mini fridge, frozen foood to purchase, and good breakfast.
The challenge is a poor location for other services such as evening meal, shopping, and items you can generally walk to. However, it is central to the valley and if you have a car, it has good vehicle access.
the Metro is 1/2 block away, along with the shuttle service for visiting malls and support areas and community churches.
It is across the interstate from a shopping mall, of which is within walking distrance, but during dark hours it is dimly lite.
Location of view is incredible, look out the front door and see two mountain ranges and the valley below.
Staff is incredible and very supportive of peoples needs and requirements.
Hotel was clean and friendly.
Distance from the airport is a challenge. If you need ground transportatoin the only solid choice is a car rentals. I tried to take a paid shuttle from the airport to the hotel and they lady at the shuttle desk of hte airport said they did not go that far and was very rude. I recommend agains supporting the airport paid shuttle service. Very rude. I did learn the next day a different person was working the desk of the shuttle company and they did travel that far south. it is a 20-30 minute far. Taxi is $55

Room Tip: stay on opposite side from the train and interstate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Delta, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We will definitely stay at this property again. We were allowed to check in early. Our room was immaculate and well appointed. We had reserved a suite and it was above and beyond our expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were lots of extra amenities to make our short stay more pleasant. We were in town for a George Strait concert at Energy Solutions Arena and we used the nearby light rail (UTA Trax) to park and ride into downtown SLC. We will look for this chain again whenever we are traveling. Great property for the price.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a suite: two closets, two TVs, lots of extra room for the price.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited SLC to see our son during the Sundance Film Festival. Hotel choices were limited. We had never stayed at this hotel but it will be our first pick in the future. Service is amazing. Great breakfast AND evening cocktail hour with The "fabulous" Dillon. Cookies, coffee, tea - day and night. The hotel is next to the train station with service to downtown. The staff is incredibly helpful. They even took us to the train station in their car. Love, love, loved it!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were in town for a wedding. Bride and grooms families and wedding party stayed here. The hotel is easy to find and it was easy to access from I - 15. It is the closest hotel to the Jordan River Temple .. that made it easier to get everyone there on time.

The beds were comfortable,the rooms were clean. The breakfast was basic but good and plentiful.

An excellent location and value.

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I traveled to this area for business and stayed here for one night.

Pros:
Comfortable bed, clean room, nice bath towels, good Wi-Fi, reasonable rates, decent breakfast, cookies at check-in, fruit, tea, coffee in lobby.

Cons:
Indifferent front desk staff, not welcoming or accommodating. Other hotels I stay at typically ask if you've been there before (or they already know from looking at their system), and if not, they offer information about the area, mention hotel features, and provide good customer service; didn't experience that here.

Next, noise from the train tracks. I specifically asked for a room on the west side away from the train tracks, and was told that there was no availability for my room type. Since it was only for one night, I figured I'd just deal with it since usually exterior noises don't bother me. As it turns out, the hotel was not full, only 13 cars in the parking lot, and I had a room on the very end on the outside wall of the hotel, facing the train tracks. The noise was tolerable as I did some work and watched TV, but I was awoken a couple times during the night with the train noise.

I realize the hotel cannot do anything about their location, but I would have been more than happy to change to a different room type, even pay a little more to get a quieter room. This was not offered. And, as I understand it from my contact in the area, the train tracks were there before the hotel, so it's not as if the tracks came after the hotel.

To be fair, if you get a room that is somewhat toward the middle of the hotel, I suspect it is quieter. If you enjoy the sound of passing trains, be sure to ask for a low room number, such as 201, 301, 401. This is really minor, but the breakfast could benefit from to-go cups for coffee and offer hard-boiled eggs.

I'll likely stay on the opposite side of the highway next time, near the mall area.

Room Tip: Perhaps inquire directly with hotel about with "room types" that exist on the west side of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/South Towne? Share your experiences!