“Heaven on Earth! I love the vibe of this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Snowbird
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
You added Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort to your Saves list
Hwy 210, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird, UT 84092   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Snowbird
MIAMI
“Heaven on Earth! I love the vibe of this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was my first time in Utah for a re-engagement from the last time I had put on ski years (5 years ago). It happens that Snowbird was among several ski resort sites to visit. But after visiting several, I was hooked on the vibes I found in Snowbird.

I was pleasantly surprised there was a special running on classes for new skiers (which was technically applicable to me) and I immediately purchased. This included the class + rental equipment. Great value which I will always appreciate from SnowBird. Thanks to them I was hooked and will always return!

The starter bunny track was great, the two instructors for our group were very good and engaged with the students. I was able to move after an hour to the next starter slope and I could not have enough runs!

Food was bar was ok, good salad island. Bit pricey! There was in fact a good large crowd on the weekend of the Sundance Film Festival, which I will avoid next time. Although I love films I was there for the Sking.

Huge facilities, 3-4 car entrances. Took the tram to the peak and had a great time with the views and more experienced skiers engaging the more difficult slopes.

Pros:
- Large Facilities
- Slopes for all levels
- Night skiing avail.
- Tram to the top
- Lots of parking
- Several stores
- On-Site equipment rental and School (Friendly Instructors)
- 30-45 min drive from SLC
- great place to go with family

Cons (not many...):
- Experienced large crowds due to film festival in Park City
- Food is a bit pricey

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were skiing on all major ski resorts around Salt Lake City during last week of Dec 2013, and last year we spent in Vail, so analysis is very detailed and focus is on quality of skiing. Some of you might have seen my annual review for other mountains in other areas. As always I'll try to be fair and transparent and give credit to all folks doing their job.

My Snowbird review will be one of the shortest - it is PERFECT place for skiing (the other perfect place is Alta and Solitude mountains which share similar quality levels).

1. Snow is groomed and safe. Black diamonds are sizzling and you will have all the jumps you need without much risk of ice. Intermediate runs are great as well - all of them. Greens are good for kids and are also very well maintained. These people really take care of their mountain and are selling you quality skiing, not real estate or food, although those are also of highest value.

2. RF enabled passes make it fast and easy to get on lifts. Lines are not big and fast.

3. Food is good and there are no lines to buy food. Folks are working fast and are very friendly.

We will probably stay at the local lodges at Alta or Snowbird in the next years during our early winter skiing, to save driving from Salt Lake City or Park City as we did this year (and yes - Canyons, Deer Valley, Park City was waste of time and money). If you are in Utah for real skiing - stay in Alta/Solitude/Snowbird/Brighton. You will NOT be disappointed.

To all of you - good skiing in 2013/2014 season! Wear helmet and stay safe. Watch out for my review of Tremblant for spring season skiing.

Leonard

Room Tip: We actually stayed at Marriott in Salt Lake CIty, but I checked out the lodges and they are great he...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Visited the resort in October first week with good snow! The resort is located beautifully and surrounded by picturesque valley. View from the room was great. The hot tubs were incredible and spa experience was too good! Bar on the top floor is highly recommended.
Must go to the hidden peak. I had fun as was able to enjoy Oktoberfest!!
Higher floors are better!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is the subliminal repetitive message you will hear when you get in the tram. This is Snowbird easy run of the day. I still have this in my head. Ok, aside from this this resort is A1. We stayed at the Cliff Lodge to get this ski in and out and to be available when there is a major dump of snow. Lodging was ok. We managed to scrape every point and deals we could to stay there and sleep for cheap. The mountain is just AWESOME!!!! Terrain galore and a few small couloirs on Upper Cirque. Ideally go in January and February. We went in March and for 2 days we'd feel it was more beach day than anything else. We had the pleasure to get some of it's reputable POW. It is truly reputable. It's high altitude provides very dry snow. The Cliff Lodge has a nice HEATED pool outside for those who like to swim while snow is coming down. The view is just spectacular specially during sundown. Thumbs up all the way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Beware there is the Cliff Lodge (which is super nice, we had dinner up there), and the Lodge at Snowbird. We made the mistake and booked the latter.

We were up there during the October fest. there were absolutely no parking when we checked in. the lady at the front desk had an attitude and was not very helpful and kept reminding me my room is booked via expedia for some reason. (the bell boy, Trevor, was very nice though).

All of the hotel parking spots were taken and we had to park all the way up the hill and walked back down with our bags as they didn't offer valet parking. (a nice valet at the Inn by snowbird next door offered to take us/valet our car.)

We checked in to the room and realized there was no bed, only a pullout couch (with a nice kitchen, though), called the FD and was reminded our expedia rate again. Luckily the man was willing to switch us to a room with a queen and pull out sofa.

Overall, the view of the hotel is amazing, but the service was just lacking at this aged hotel. I would recommend the Cliff Lodge instead.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I came here for a business trip, but truly enjoyed the stay and the facilities. I was here in early October, but there really wasn't any snow. The weather was beautiful out - in the 60s (at least at the lodge), but we did take the tram up to the 11,000 ft mountain top - and it dropped down to 40, windy but still beautiful.

The ski slopes must be amazing in the winter, but no snow during our stay. The staff was nothing but helpful, friendly and eager to please. The restaurants were great, and although there wasn't much going on during the week, the Oktoberfest going on over the weekend sounds like a blast.

We stayed at The Cliff, though I think there were The Inns, The Lodge also. I'm not a skier, but the skiers with us have been here before and loved it.

Room Tip: Stayed in The Cliff - 8th floor. View of the parking lot :(, but also of the trees changing going u...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Vacationed here for a week in late summer as a flatlander not used to mountain terrain. We were not sure what to expect and in the end, our expectations were exceeded.
Worth the trip just for the spectacular alpine scenery alone but there is so much more to do. Even the drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon is dramatic for someone not used to mountain roads. Endless hiking trails around the resort and surrounding areas. Our favourite was taking the tram to the summit and walking down Peruvian Gulch. The hot tub on the balcony saw regular use at the end of the day.
We stayed at The Cliff Lodge, a large concrete structure that we were told was built that way to withstand avalanches. The rooms were satisfactory although the kitchen, advertised as a full kitchen, was not as spacious or stocked as we are used to from other resorts we've stayed. The only other comment would be the odd placement of the TV (above the stove?). Ate at a couple of the resort restaurants and thought they were very good.
However, it was the staff that made this stay memorable. Extraordinary in our experience. Special kudos to the Alpine Slide attendant and the maintenance man that unclogged our sink.
The resort is close enough to Salt Lake City that we could take "touristy" day trips. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort? Share your experiences!