We've stayed here many times before since we have a conference that's held here every two years. On this recent visit, as we've done occasionally in the past, we booked a room on the spa level which included access to the spa pool.
Our room was a large room with a view of the mountains. It had a large chair with ottoman, king sized bed, small couch, table, and desk. The bathroom is large enough, with a large sink area, and interestingly a window into the bedroom (plus a curtain!). Our conference has always provided meals, but the buffets in the Aerie restaurant have been excellent as has the conference food.
The hotel is also within walking distance of more of the Snowbird complex including the tram, outdoor activities, and more restaurants. There is a pool for the hotel in general (mostly mobbed by kids when we've visited) and a smaller quiet pool at the spa.
We only see two downsides to this hotel: (1) the internet has been very slow in the past, though recently under Ibahn it has improved, and (2) there really isn't anywhere to sit outside in a shady area and just enjoy the view - the only real sitting areas outside are the pool.
Overall, though, Cliff Lodge is a great place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah