Just returned with my family (kids ages 6 and 8) from a great week at the Cliff Lodge & Spa (4/2 to 4/9). From check-in to check-out, the staff were extremely helpful. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king size bed and a pull-out sofa bed, which was a good size for a family of four and very comfortable. Our first room on the first floor faced a large snow drift (the consequence of 600 inches of snow), but the front desk staff (Brooke) was very helpful in relocating us to a new room on a higher floor, which had better views. My wife and I enjoyed the spa on several days with great views of the mountain from the 9th floor hot tub and we thought the oriental rugs throughout the hotel were fabulous. Our kids really enjoyed the arcade, but my wife and I thought it was too dark. The general pool and hot tubs were nice with good mountain views, but if you're not with your kids, the Cliff Spa pool and hot tub are better. The Cliff Lodge also has great ski-out access to the Peruvian Express and Chickadee lifts and the Tram. Ski-in access off of the Chickadee lift to the first floor ski lockers (which were great, although tight for 4 sets of skis).
We ate at all three of the restaurants (the Aerie, El Chanate, and the Atrium) during our stay. The Aerie has the best food (truffle fries and lamb tacos were excellent), but I did not find the seating on the benches to be comfortable - you sink and as an adult you're almost lower than the table. I thought El Chanate was standard Mexican food, nothing special but provided good variety for dining options. The Atrium has good lunch sandwiches.
We got a great spring special and we would definitely stay at the Cliff Lodge again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah