“Worth driving an extra hour!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 400 North, Scipio, UT 84656   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scipio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Worth driving an extra hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

On a family road trip - on our way from Bryce Canyon toward Salt Lake City. We were planning to stay in Beaver some towns just north of there that had plenty of hotel options, but they all had fairly negative reviews. I looked a little further north and saw ONE hotel in Scipio and nothing else. No restaurants or anything. We called, the very friendly owner said they had one room left as all the rest were taken by firefighters who'd just finished a fire at a nearby forest! It was only $70 for all three of us - queen sized beds. Such a relief after all the $100+ rates near the national parks. Right by the highway but VERY little traffic noise. Quite a big clean room. Windows can open and there is a big meadow right outside the window. Lovely. A small continental breakfast included.
Oh. And what other hotel has an antique theatre organ in the lobby?

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my sons in August 2013 after a long day of driving on "The Loneliest Road in America" Highway 50 across Nevada. It was a godsend! The rooms were modern and clean - no flaking caulking or dirty grout in the corners; the managers were efficient and friendly. Free breakfast in the morning was a bit sparse - no half and half for the coffee, just powdered creamer, but serviceable. There was a pool and a hot tub, but we left early in the AM and did not take a swim. We paid only in the low $60s for the room, which surprised me as very inexpensive. I highly recommend the Scipio Hotel if you are coming off or about to head out across "The Loneliest Road in America."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here fro 4 nights to visit family in the area and being in a inexpensive place it was great!! The staff was very friendly and they almost made you feel like family.
The room was a good size and it was very clean like they care about there job. The TV only got about 15 channels but they are the major local stations. My view was of the major highway/freeway but it was very quiet the whole time. It had a fridge and a desk with a couple of chairs so it was not cramped.
The breakfast area was big with plenty of choices to choose from. Also there are three gas stations and two fast food places so there are a few choices if you get stuck here.
They didn't clean the rooms everyday unless you let the staff know but on my last night they cleaned my room and it was one of the best jobs I've ever seen!! They cleaned absolutely everything!! My cell phone/camera charger cables were neatly place on my chair like a mom would do. All my toiletries were perfectly lined up ready for my use. Everything I used/touched was put back perfectly for me to use again. I've stayed in fancier place with just OK cleaning but this is the best cleaning I've ever seen.
The Scipio Hotel is a clean, happy, great place to stay on your travels. I will be coming back for years to come!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colfax, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was participating in a timed long distance motorcycle ride and was running well behind my estimated arrival time. I contacted the hotel to let them know I would be arriving at midnight- no problem they said. Someone was there to check me in. That was very much appreciated because I'd been on the road non-stop for 14 hours at that point. Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We want to compliment the owners of the Scipio Hotel. What a lovely little hotel. The rooms were very clean with a very personable staff. Their rate of $67 per night is unheard of in a nice hotel. This hotel has everything. We took the opportunity to use their pool and hot tub. The continental breakfast was sufficient but a suggestion might be to add hard boiled eggs on the buffet. A bowl of eggs sitting in a bowl of ice would round out the offering. Scipio is a small town, but there is a Subway right next door which made getting dinner and gas the next morning super easy. Thank you for the lovely experience, we definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the night at this hotel with our two small dogs. They did not charge extra for the dogs. This was the only hotel on our 5 week holiday that did not charge extra for pets. During our holidays we stayed in more than a few stinky hotels. This hotel was so clean. Smelled wonderful. The price was very reasonable. The owner/manager very pleasant. Kudos to these hotel owners. A huge thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

After reading reviews, checked in late, having reserved a king which was less expensive than 2 queens. Was asked if we wanted 2 queens instead when checking in because rooms with kings were on the noisier side fronting a busy street :). Continental breakfast was simple with coffee, english muffins, cold cereals, instant oatmeal packets, milk, OJ, microwaveable hot chocolate packets and some individually-wrapped cinnamon rolls and something else. Nothing fancy but enough to get going in the morning. Rooms were clean with basic amenities. Don't stay here expecting specialty toiletries and gourmet coffee and teas. But definitely a good value. We'd stay here again. Just off a major interstate. Eat before stopping for the night. Also noticed that they have arrangements for horses if you happen to be hauling some around for $5/night.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds must be on quieter side of the building.