“Should be called "Discomfort Inn"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8955 South 255 West, Sandy, UT 84070-2070 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
British Columbia
“Should be called "Discomfort Inn"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I recently stayed at the Sandy Comfort Inn. Reserved it on the 2 star rating so I wasn't expecting 5 star comfort. Do your self a favour, don't stay there unless you are wanting to avoid sleep. Air conditioning unit(my room anyways) was so loud you couldn't sleep from the noise. My daughter suggested buying a portable fan. A night club on one side of the parking lot provides great nighttime entertainment .(Not) Its convenient if you want quick access to the highway because it's pretty much on the highway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

rooms were comfortable and clean
love the pool and jacuzzi
decent breakfast, big screen tv is a plus
great shuttle service
sells ski super passes for most resorts at the front desk
cheap and definitely worth the value
i would recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

The Comfort Inn in Sandy looks a bit out of the way, but it's right of the highway, and you can take the road it is on straight to little cotton wood canyon. Yes, it is an older hotel surrounded by car dealerships, but if you are looking at this type of hotel, i doubt you plan on walking anywhere anyhow. They are in the process of doing some remodeling, so that may be why some reviews are bad. We were moved out of our room after one night because of the remodel. Although nothing was particularly bad with the room, just about everything was old enough to be updated. They moved us from a king suit to a jacuzzi suite for our troubles. This room had already been updated, and had a nice mattress.

The common areas are fine, the breakfast area has a large 50"+ lcd tv, but mismatched tables. The pool/hot tub were in good working order.

All of the staff was very friendly/helpful. Even helped with our bags when we checked in. You certainly can't expect that at this price range.

If you are looking for a good inexpensive place to sleep after skiing, this is a good option.

• Liked — value and convienence
  • Disliked — it's an older hotel
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

I made my reservation on the road during a terrible storm-no problem. The room was cheap ($71), super quiet and clean. The front desk staff count not have been more helpful or nicer--and this was on Christmas Day and during a HUGE storm.

I did have to trot down to the desk for a cable for internet--no problem. There wasn;t a great selection of channels on the televsion and because of the storm, the pay-per-view was knocked out. (I think we got three feet of snow in an hour).

Very easy to find.

Over all, it was a great place to stay-clean, quiet and friendly--and I'm not even a fan of Comfort Inn!

• Liked — Easy to find from freeway
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

The reviews you see elsewhere that talk about how horrible this hotel is are apparently written by people who are not used to 2-star hotels.

I live in hotels 300 days a year -- so I know them well. I do not like 2 star hotels. I also do not like 4 star hotels. 3 stars is about right for me.

This hotel is functional but minimal. There is an iron and ironing board... they work fine. There is a hair dryer... it works fine. The bed was reasonably comfortable and I did not find the rooms to be particularly dirty.

However, the hotel has a 'cheap' or tired feel to it. Signs saying "we do not accept cash"... Lack of Elevators, cheap room furnishings, a microwave or fridge are $5/night extra (each), No hot breakfast.... No desk in the room, etc. It is definitely a BUDGET experience. 2-stars all the way. (Which may be great for some folks).

The thing that I found most annoying was the Television -- the owner of the hotel (a Chinese family) have decided that decent cable channel selections are too expensive for their guests, so they have just a few stations (23 to be exact)-- and many favorites stations are missing especially fox news and the history channel.

But... it is one of the least expensive hotels in the SLC area. In that regard, you are probably getting at least what you pay for.

I do NOT recommend this hotel for romantic get-aways or for people who want to keep food in the room (no fridge) or for people who will spend a good amount of time in the room watching TV. However, for business people or skiers who will basically just use the room for sleep, it is not bad. And if you have a pet it is a great hotel.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Bad TV selection
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

I became stranded in Minneapolis due to an unexpected weather delay. I called and spoke with the manager, Nick, to tell him that I could not be able to make it. He told me that he was still going to charge me for the room because I was a "no show". I filed a complaint with his corporate customer service. They could not refund the charge. They referred the case back to the hotel. Nick sent me a letter calling me a "no show" again and still kept my money. My advice, don't book a room unless you can guarantee there will not be a weather delay!

• Stayed April 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

We were in Comfort Inn - Sandy area for three days/nights. The only nice thing about this hotel is that it is very close to Alta and Snowbird.

We were very disappointed with this hotel. The hotel was very dirty, tired, and at times questioned my safety at night when I was walking my dog.

This was one of the dirtier hotels I've ever stayed in. The carpets in my room turned the bottom of my socks black, someones left over Mexican food was left in the room (kind of kicked under the bed), worst of all we opened the bible only to find that it appeared (and smelled) like someone had defecated in the book, the soap in the shower was wrapped but looked like it had been run over by a car, and the exterior of the building was littered.

The hotel was very tired. The hotel and rooms are outdated. The carpet was fraying in places and I could see the carpet pad in places. The room heater would only work intermittently, and after a long day of skiing it was tough to get warm. Also the hotel advertises "free wireless internet" however I trouble getting a signal in most places of the hotel, including my room.

I questioned my safety at night. The hotel shares a parking lot with a night club and there was a lot shady looking people hanging out in the parking lot. However, I did see the police drive through the parking lot a couple times (which I guess is good).

There are many hotels around the 10600 block in Sandy that appear to be much nicer. They are equally close to the ski mountains, and you can walk to numerous restaurants and malls. I'll probably look to stay there next time.

• Liked — close to ski mountains
  • Disliked — one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever staying in
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!