“Decent Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Decent Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

First of all this is not a restaurant for fine dining. It's a quick stop, family meal place for pretty good Mexican food.
The service was welcoming and attentive throughout and food was brought within 3 min of ordering, hot and fresh.
Had Fajitas and Chimichungas. Fajitas were actually delicious although I wasn't too keen on the Chimis.
Also had Margaritas... Weren't very good, too sweet and not enough TEQUILA.
For the money it was about average value and we all left full and happy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

WEST JORDAN
“A simple problem the manager wouldn't fix............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I decided to get lunch at the restaurant. I called the order in and a friend from work was going to go and pick it up. I spoke with a gentleman and placed the order and at first I ordered 2 smothered burrito with cheese but they need to be in seperate boxes and I asked him if it would be cheaper for me to order the 2 smothered burritos with rice and beans and he said yes, so that is what I order and asked if the burritos could be seperate and he said yes. My friend goes and gets the food and gives me the receipt and the total charge was for $24!!!!! I called to figure out why the total was so high. The lady that answered the phone stated, that because I asked for 1 of the burritos to be seperated, they charged me al la cart for each item. So, they charged me for 1 smothered burrito with cheese, another smothered burrito with cheese and sides of rice and beans. I told her the guy that answered and took my order said it would be cheaper and she said no he was wrong but if you want me to fix the total you can bring back your order and we can put everything together to give you the right price. I said are you kidding me? She said no. I asked for the manager and she stated she was the manager and I asked, you can't fix the charge on my card due to your employee's mix up and she stated again that if you want to bring back the food, I can. What sucked is that I was on my lunch break was unable to walk due to mobilty issues and the manager didn't even want to try and resolve the problem. I'm sorry but that is poor customer service and you over charged a customer that goes there a lot. They have lost my business due to the manager being rude.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We pass their place and see many cars parking in front of their restaurant so we wanted to try. They serve good Mexican foods and we are very satisfied. Nothing fancy or romantic but foods matter right?

Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“same food...disappointing this time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My standard choice for this restaurant is the smothered burrito with cheese and onions and a side of their mexi fries. The mexi fries are basically a sliced potato deep fried and then dusted with paprika. Tonights trip was not up to par. While the burrito had the same flavor, it was barely warm on the plate. The potatoes were under cooked as they were limp and soggy. Generally all the other times I've been here the food has always been very good. What is interesting is that we talked to some other friends afterwards and their last trip here was the same as ours...not up to what it used to be. I will give them one more chance later to see if tonight was just a fluke or the norm.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Draper, Utah
“3 Smothered burritos with cheese & onions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Seems like a sister restaurant to the La Puente and Las Glorias restaurants. If I go here, I always order the 3 smothered burritos with cheese and onions. Chile verde is always good.

Visited November 2012