“Good American food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Canberra, Australia
“Good American food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly place. The manager brought out some ribs to sample. The serve sizes are very large, beware. Ribs were great, the pulled pork pretty good. My only concern was waking up later very thirsty, maybe added MSG. Otherwise typical chain American food, tasty and plenty of it.

Visited March 2014

Sandy
“Mmmm Rolls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the hot, homemade rolls they serve while you're waiting for your meal. They are served with maple butter and melt in your mouth. The steaks are so tender. The atmosphere is a fun ranch style.

I read the review from the people who said the music was very loud. That was not our experience at the Sandy, Utah restaurant. We easily visit with each other and enjoy the music in the background.

This is one of our favorite places.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“This Place is FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Everything IS GOOD HERE....from the prime rib and steaks to the sides and, of course, the bread and butter! You gotta' eat here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Layton, Utah
“Want to Have a Conversation? Good Luck!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate here on a very busy Friday night. Despite calling ahead to get put on the list, we waited more than 30 minutes after our designated arrival time. We had a fairly large party of seven people. The server tried to put two chairs on the end of a regular booth and we were stuffed in like sardines. We asked if there was any other seating arrangement available and they managed to get us another table. The server tried to talk us out of the entree we wanted to order, promising that the more expensive rib eye would taste much better than the sirloin. I know the more expensive the meal, the bigger the tip, but it was a little intrusive. We declined and I'm pleased to say that the sirloin was the best thing we ate. Their fried pickles were also tasty. The waiter was not prompt to refill drinks and he also had to be asked more than once to bring more rolls. They let you sit on a saddle if it's your birthday while the wait staff sings. We had two birthdays, but they only sang to one person and then they whisked the saddle away before the other child got to have a turn. Part of this was because the music is turned up so loud that you can't hear a thing. At the risk of sounding elderly, would like to reiterate that it is not only kind of loud, it is VERY, VERY loud. We had to shout to have a conversation, which is not something I enjoyed. We also had to yell our order at the waiter and it was hard to get his attention for other requests. Some people might think that the music adds to a fun and exciting atmosphere, but I'd much prefer a place where I could speak across the table without screaming. The food was good, but I can get food that is equally as good some place else where the service is better and there is less shouting. Overall, I would have to rate it as poor, as I would not return, nor would I recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Central Utah
“My best T-bone steak in years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I decided on Texas Roadhouse for our Valentine's Day lunch. She had the ribeye and I had the 24-ounce T-bone steak.
The T-bone cost more than the usual menu items (almost three times their lunch special price), but I figured it would be worth it for the occasion. I was right.
They cooked the steak just right (medium rare). I had mashed potatoes and gravy on the side and a dinner salad to start.
I like the salted-in-the-shell peanuts they always set on each table for entertainment and light appetizer while people wait for their orders.
I was impressed with our server, Stephen, who was helpful, friendly, and professional. He seemed to be around only just enough to take care of us but without being obtrusive. My wife said she wants to ask to be in his area next time, too. I thought he was the best waiter I've had in years, short of being on a cruise.
This location at the South Towne Mall is easy to get to off I-15, so if you are just passing by when you are hungry for steak, drop in here. This location is popular enough that I would suggest calling ahead to make reservations at dinnertime on most days, especially later in the week. Ours was lunch on a Friday and I wondered if it was really Saturday in disguise since we had to park across the way and then wait inside about 10 minutes for a table and it ended up being one near the bar, which we don't usually have to worry about. as we can usually get a booth near a window. But, I have to admit, it was Valentine's Day. ;-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere