“Location is amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 182 Restaurants in Sandy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3500 E. 9500 S.
Green River, Wyoming
“Location is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had been wanting to try La Caille for years when I use to live in the area, but at the time was a student and couldn't afford it. I did finally try it with my wife and thought it was worth the wait. there are so many choices in the city, that we almost opted to eat downtown. I am glad we committed to making the trip to La Caille. The food was very good. The atmosphere was unbeatable. Very romantic. Retaurant, grounds, staff, all great. We will return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salt
“La Caille no more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been to La Caille many times over the years both professionally and personally. Professionally as a member of the hospitality community I have in the past recommended the restaurant to 100s of people through our relationships with meeting/event planners. I personally conducted many site inspections and for many years my recommendations were met by agreement with planners who used the restaurant.

No more.

They were always slightly overpriced for the quality and quantity of food but the service generally good and the grounds obviously very unique. My daughter had an event scheduled this evening and I as I will explain was beyond disappointed.

To start the evening I arrived after my wife and daughter and took two cars as a result of a scheduling conflict. Upon entering the grounds the normal self-park lot was coned off. Hadn't seen that before but its dark and maybe they just resurfaced the lot. When I pulled up to the Valet I inquired as to why there was no self park tonight and I was greeted with lie #1.

Lie #1 Head valet tells me he has worked there 5 years and it has always been that way. Umm, yeah but no. I asked to speak to a manager to tell him I didn't appreciate forced valet parking. I often use valets and I tip well when I do but on a cold night and amongst many people I prefer the time savings by getting my own vehicle. I also appreciate simply having a choice. Even luxury hotels give you the option of valet or self park.

Lie #2 told by Todd the General Manager it wasn't he who was charging the fee but yet the valet service they contracted and he couldn't speak to lie #1 because the head valet wasn't his employee. Technically perhaps true but at best misleading.

Lie #3 We don't allow self-park any longer due to insurance regulations. As a GM it is never good to lie to people, especially people that have brought you 100s of people to and through your restaurant.

Lie #4 After the other lies didn't seem to work his story now became that I needed to address my complaint with the teacher from school as it was she who demanded valet only parking.

The more you treat people with such unprofessionalism and disdain the more likely the are to never return and for certain people are more likely to stop recommending your restaurant. If Todd is the best La Caille has for management then the future for repeat meeting planning business is dim. If he can't solve a simple issue addressing forced valet parking how is he going to address a service failure? By lying? A simple I appreciate your feedback and I will talk to the owners regarding your comments and I would have been effectively placated.

Onto the food. It was a set menu. A very limited set menu and they still had problems bringing food out in a timely manner to the tables. If you can't get a very simple fixed menu correct how do you expect a planner to believe you can do better for them?

The escargot was delicious. The sorbet dished with a melon ball small spoon. The salad sparse on croutons, cheese and sported a mediocre dressing. Bread was sparse and at one time a basket for 8 diners at a table contained but one roll. The chicken entree was meh. Not bad but as keeping with La Caille tradition very small. The dessert was probably the most generous portioned course but even then the crepe had obviously been pre-frozen with the ice cream and the chocolate sauce was overly sparse.

The wait staff overall did an ok job but had trouble keeping waters filled on the table.

Finally, and this may seem petty but the school picked La Caille to teach children proper manners and dining etiquette. I've never been to an upscale restaurant that somehow is unable to purchase the correct silverware. Salad fork, dinner fork and dessert fork all the same size. When you have kids at the table asking what utensil they should start with I would generally tell them that you start from the outside in and that the salad fork is generally smaller than the dinner fork and the dessert fork generally smaller than either the salad or dinner fork. At La Caille I guess simplicity of one type of fork overrides the desire to correctly adorn the table.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A red brick path into this restaurant shows your in for a treat....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

La Caille in Sandy is a wonderful fantasy garden full of different species of animals and plant life. It is extremely lush and we drove right past the restaurant because the entrance is so grand we thought it was a private road from someone on Rich and Famous. :) I won't spoil the surprises found here but go early so you can take time to enjoy all the restaurant has to offer. On the down side it is expensive and you have to valet or run over the attendant waiting at the road for you. This I would assume is to keep non paying visitors out? I am an amateur photographer so I really enjoyed the scenery which is set up for wedding photos but....
There is not a big choice on the menu and I settled for chicken which was extremely tasty and French cooked. The waitresses attended to our every need and everyone that worked there was pleasant and willing to assist you. However the bill was 140.00 for 2 people plus a tip and valet tip which to me no matter how beautiful the grounds, how great the service and how cute the wild life I would like maybe some yummy crab legs and extra large shrimp for this kind of money not chicken. So although it was lovely and we had a great time we venture on to see new places. I give La Caille thumbs up for the uniqueness and would advise anyone to dine there at least once.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Food "good" but grounds amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place is worth the short drive from Salt Lake City just to see the spectacular grounds. It's a fantasy / fairy type setting with black and white swans, ducks, ponds, etc and flowers galore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Divine Settings, Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food and service were of excellent quaity, the waiters, waitress and host were all attentive. The atmosphere and the surroundings were romantic and lovely. We wandered around the grounds, took pictures, spent time at the winery on another day with friends who also enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did. I love the fireplace and the special attention given to the grounds upon arrival it sets the right mood for a gourmet dinner. The peacocks,swans and small animals just added to the ambiance.

• Visited September 2012