“Closest thing to time travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The 1887 Hansen House

The 1887 Hansen House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandy
The 1887 Hansen House
Save Saved
You added The 1887 Hansen House to your Saves list
8586 S Center Street, Sandy, UT 84070   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Incheon, South Korea
“Closest thing to time travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The property is authentic (on the historical register) and elegant. The food was excellent. The owner explained the history of the house which was fascinating. She prepared a beautiful breakfast and we also had afternoon high tea (by special request). It was a lovely experience. I would recommend this bed and breakfast for those that have an appreciation for history and the Victorian time period. It is a very convenient location to the Trax system.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms depending on your needs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed here our first two nights after our wedding. We picked the Hansen House because of Blue Room. My wife fell in love with it when she saw it online. She loved the decor, the circle bed and the fireplace. We both really enjoyed the in room hot tub. Each morning the hostess would prepare a wonderful breakfast. She was courteous enough to ask if we had any food allergies and at what time we would like our breakfast. She cooked using homemade recipes that were divine. My wife would go there just for the breakfast!!! We loved it and look forward to going there again probably to the Blue room again even though there are other rooms.

Room Tip: We Stayed in the Blue Room Both nights.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband brought me to the Hansen House B&B for our honeymoon 3+ years ago. It was beautiful and luxurious! I loved the ambiance of such a beautiful home. We just revisited it again for a special Valentine’s trip. It was better than I remembered it! The wine and gold room is beautiful and the new fireplace and digital TV update, although unnecessary made it even more perfect and the extra music stations made it even more relaxing.
Above all of this, Fran serves a beautiful breakfast in one of the most historically delicious dining rooms I have ever been in. It was wonderful to spend time in the sitting room or library playing games or visiting with the other guests and then be invited into a magnificent and meticulous meal.
As long as Fran will have us, we will be frequenting Hansen House as often as time permits.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We spent two different nights with Fran at the 1887 Hansen House B&B. With our family we used the Fox Hunt Cottage and it was perfect. Separate spaces for three generations of a family and a beautiful living room.
The second night my husband and I stayed in the Victorian room in the main house.
Highlights of both stays were the breakfasts. Fran also checked on food allergies as we checked in. Both our room and the cottage were immaculate and beautifully decorated. The convenience of the light rail system made travel to both downtown and the ski areas easy.
We will be back every time we are in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Families will love the fox Hunt Cottage. Every room has a wonderful electric fireplace.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent one night in the Paul Bunyan room while visiting the area - this was our "splurge" (stayed and some pretty bare bones places the previous nights). Upon arrival, Fran led us to our room, where we happily discovered a flat screen cable TV (the remote, and on which we watched lots of Top Gear and the Olympics), jacuzzi tub (nice hot bath), and a fireplace. The bed had flannel sheets, which we were skeptical about, but we slept straight through the night - no itchy sheets here. Breakfast was fabulous - I requested a gluten free breakfast and she accommodated - eggs, ham, and a delicious berry topped waffle. We were stuffed. Fran gave us the history of the house and a little tour of the other rooms in the house (as we were the only guests that night) - the blue lagoon room was beautiful and if we were to visit again, I'd pick that one. The Cottage looked like the perfect place for a girl's night/family trip - plenty of space.
Anyway, give Fran a call and book your room now - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: For a couple on a bit of a budget, the Paul Bunyan room was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the most delightful place my husband and I have ever stayed. Fran (the innkeeper) is so charming. I've never felt so welcome anywhere before. She made an amazing breakfast offering seconds and making sure we were full. The decor was wonderful and the suites are impeccable. It has a nice charm to it. Fran told us the history of the house and how it was passed down through her family. She was a delight. Such a good place to be. Has a wonderful feeling to it. We stayed in the blue lagoon suite and the round bed was pretty fantastic. I've literally told all of my friends about this place. It's Sandy's hidden gem.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I spent three days at this lovely bed and breakfast. We stayed in the victorian room and how special that was. We enjoyed the "just right" bed, very cozy warm and fluffy yet firm mattress. The fireplace was often lit and the room was never cold, neither was the water for that matter. It was always perfect temperature for a relaxing bath or shower. The room was perfect for our taste and very clean. Beyond just the ambiance of the room our hostess was fantastic. She became like a mother and opened this place up for us, telling us to make ourselves at home and we were always welcome to the kitchen plates and utensils when we had our own personal meals. For the breakfast!! Oh my was it wonderful. Five stars for the delicious and filling meals, each vary unique and elegant in display. We loved our time and learning about the history of the house! I could go on for hours.
Thank you for a fantastic and magical stay! Can not wait to return.
-The Corbetts

Room Tip: Each room is so unique and elegant, we loved the victorian. A lot of space and privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The 1887 Hansen House? Share your experiences!