“I am a very happy repeat customer” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Nevada
“I am a very happy repeat customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

This hotel is fairly new, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. There is plenty of parking, even when you come back to your room at a late hour. Post office, shopping mall, many restaurants nearby. It is not near a freeway exit, but it is very easy to get to. This was my second time at this HGI hotel and I stayed at another one in St. George that I was very happy with also.

In the room I stayed in, the bath room counter was granite with a walk-in shower, (no tub ) there is also a granite counter top "station" for the microve, mini-fridge (empty) and coffee maker. Ice and a drink machine are nearby. Leave your blow dryer at home, they one they have is a good one. There is also a steam iron and board in the room. The desk chair is the comfiest I have every sat in. I have been very happy with my rooms, very clean and modern. And did I mention the flat screen tv?

The business center came in handy for printing out my airline boarding pass and checking local info, and therefore, not having to bring my laptop. One night when I came back from being out all day, they front desk clerk was offering cookies. At first I said no, but I am glad he insisted, they sure were good!

I gave a VALUE rating of 5 because I got my AAA member discount, but even at regular price I still would have been happy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bozeman MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

WOW...INCREDIBLE staff and new property! Very affordable and worth it as you get pampered by the team of hospitality. They really know what they're doing..........don't forget breakfast because it's made exactly to your liking! Thanks HGI team and Management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, talk about location next to a major mall and restaurants and office parks and the real kicker.............American Football coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I was in town for a soccer game and this place was a very convenient three minute drive from the new stadium that was built in Sandy. In fact, it was convenient to a lot of things with loads of shopping and restaurants nearby.

The room itself was very clean and had a flat-screen tv, microwave, fridge and coffee maker in it. The free high speed Internet was also a nice touch. I most impressed with the bed, however. It had to be one of the most comfortable beds I'd ever been in. I didn't want to leave it in the morning!

My only gripes would be with the room service. You cannot have breakfast sent up to your room as room service only operates in the afternoon/evening. It also has a pretty early cut-off time (10pm, I believe). This is only a minor complaint, though and the staff were very helpful in assisting us to locate some late night eats.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

• Liked — Cleanliness, value, convenience
  • Disliked — Room service
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palm Desert, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

This is a brand new and recently opened hotel located about 20 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City and located next to Interstate 15. Sandy seems to be a new town and very suburban. We liked it more than downtown Salt Lake City. There were many restaurants and lots of shopping within a few minutes drive of the hotel. Parking was free.

The hotel had a bar and restaurant plus a cooked to order breakfast in the morning for $10.95/person. Utah has strict liquor rules and sometimes it is required to buy food with the liquor. Also, there is a Noon rule about serving wine, but beer was allowed - go figure!

The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful upon arrival. We had reserved two adjacent Studios. The studio had a small microwave, and refrigerator plus a small coffeemaker. The TV was a high definition flat screen. Air conditioning worked well. The bathroom had only a large shower and was well lighted. Bath products were Neutrogena. A tip when about to use the shower......due to the design of the shower entrance, you must get into the shower BEFORE turning on the water, stand under the shower head and then angle the shower head away from you until the hot water comes. Otherwise, you will get blasted with cold water when you turn on the shower.

The bed was a Sleep Number bed with a dial on each side at the top of the mattress for dialing in the comfort level. I tried different levels and could not tell the difference. The hotel was quiet and plumbing noise was minimal. I did hear the train a few times, but ear plugs would easily drown it out.

Free High Speed Internet acces was provided. USA Today was delivered, but the daily charge was built into the room charge. You could refuse it and be credited the daily charge. Wall St. Journals were on the lobby counter for the taking. The hotel had a fitness center and pool, but we did not see or use them.

We would recommend this hotel and definitely stay at it again if our future travels lead us to the Salt Lake City area.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Shower entrance
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!