“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Sandy, Utah
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute and could only get a MOBILITY/HEARING ACCESSIBLE room with a king bed. I called the front desk before I arrived and they changed this to a normal king room on he 5th floor. Great service!

The room was very nice and everything in working order. The only disadvantage was that the room was on the side of I-15 which resulted in continuous road noise from trucks passing. The only negative would be the very low water pressure in the shower. I suspect this is better on the lower floors.

The breakfast was excellent quality and lots to choose from but self-service style with minimal service. We had omelets that were cooked to order and tasted great.

Good hotel for pleasure or business.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Moab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Check in with Alicia was outstanding, she was as friendly as ever. The room was clean and quiet, had great coffee in the room as well as an iron and fridge and microwave. Breakfast at the hotel was as good as any restaurant. This is my Favorite hotel when I travel to the salt lake valley. All major stores and restaurants are within 2 miles of this property. Thanks Alicia for a great stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the East end, it is farther away from the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGISandyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear SonoraBound,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and for your kind comments. I will be sure and pass them on to our staff, particularly Alicia. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to serving you the next time your in sandy.

Marc Brown
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed at this property in February 2012 for the purpose of skiing. This hotel is fairly new and an excellent place to stay. Nice sized standard rooms and bathrooms with nice walk in shower. The location is just fine with easy access to anything. 30-40 minutes from ski areas. The breakfest for 10 bucks or so was excellent with an on-site chef cooking up specialty items. Absolutely no complaints about this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ashton, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a must stay hotel. High quality for a fair price. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and smoke free! We liked the fact that the check out time was 12 pm. That is great for those who are out on the town and get in late for sleep that night. Hotel staff was awesome.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Crass staff very rude housekeeping. My husband was yelled at by house keeping because he did not want room service. Weird...
There pool and spa was efffing DISGUSTING!!! Drain it clean it!!! I broke out on my chest from there pool.
We were confused, we thought we booked into the Hilton not the motel 8...

Oh and there pressure beds don't work and they hurt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christinericpfeffer,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I would appreciate more feedback about the situation; you can reach me at marc.brown@hilton.com. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Marc Brown
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A great choice for the business traveller in the Sandy area. Easy parking, quick check-in, Hilton elite member amenities waiting in the room. Breakfast was well done and the offer for a large coffee to go by the waitstaff was greatly appreciated on a cold February morning.

Rooms were super clean and had a fantastic adjustable bed. This will become my preferred hotel for my monthly trips to SLC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Family and I stayed at this hotel during our weekend getway for skiing. To tell you the truth we were a little eary as we have never visited SLC and truly never knew the distamce between this hotel and the diff ski resorts. This hotel is perfectly located for any quick ski getaway. Airport and ski resorts are appx 15 - 20 mins away.....

I have an extremely positive comment about the restaurant. I travel on business about twice a month and sometimes for long stays. We tried the restaurant and I thought to myself "It will be the same hotel food I always get"...my family and I were extremely surprised of the quality, taste, and presentation of the food.

Bottom line about this hotel is:

I would reccomend to anyone without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!