“Best hotel on our trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
California
“Best hotel on our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stopped in Sandy/Salt Lake City on our way from Southern California to Spokane, Washington. It was a nice place to stop after a long drive. The Hyatt Summerfield is new and very nice. The full kitchen made it possible to cook our own dinner, which we found out was not really needed because of the lovely evening social time. Enough food was served to fully satisfy everyone in our family. Salad, gumbo, potstickers, chips/salsa, hot pretzels, wine, and other items were all delicious and complementary. Unfortunately, the breakfast was not as satisfying. I personally thought it was fine, but my husband was appalled at the scrambled eggs, which appeared to be imitation (some even called "plastic"), but I think it was just the way they were cooked.

Our son had a great time in the pool and jacuzzi. There was also a nice BBQ area nearby. Our son was very happy to have his own flat screen TV to watch from his sofa bed and we were just as happy to have our own wall-mounted flat screen in the separate bedroom. The bathroom was large and modern. I was also very happy to get free internet service. The mountain-facing view from our room was beautiful.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who might be coming to the Salt Lake area for skiing or just passing through, as we were.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I live in Utah county but wanted to have a neat 16th birthday party adventure for my son. We have done similar outings at the Residence Inn just down the street. I did not check Trip Advisor before booking. But after I booked direct through Hyatt I checked and got concerned enough to visit the hotel before our scheduled stay. Wow the place is spectacular. I searched throughout the public area's for the cleanliness issues refered to in previous posts and saw no sign of them. I wonder if they were construction related?
This Hotel is probably the coolest extended stay hotel we have ever stayed in. We have a large family and are frequeent customers of Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites. This was our first stay at a Summerfield Suites property and we are sold.
The rooms are spacious (we stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suit) ours must have been 1,000 SF. Our son and 5 friends occupied the two queen beds in the second bedroom and the sleeper sofa. My wife and I lounged in the lap of luxury in our king bedroom and very spacious master bath.
The manager's reception was exceptional. We had promised our son dinner with his friends at his favorit restaurant. After the manager's reception they opted to skip dinner. That was because they got full on the salads, meats and cheeses and soup offered at the reception. This would be better described as a lunch buffet. I would score The Managers reception a 10. I was expecting the Embassy Suites type snacks and was overwhelmed. Can not say the same for the breakfast. It was a very good breakfast the food was hot and plentiful but it did not compare to an Embassy Suites experience. It was similar to a Homewood Suites type breakfast but perhaps a little better quality. It was deffinatly better than the breakfast offered up the street at the Residence Inn.

The pool, hot tub, workout facility and barbeque area were all top of the line. Our son and his friends - all basketball players - enjoyed the free weights and quality work out facilities. The boys enjoyed the pool. I was impressed with the conference facilities - not common for an extended stay facility.

I felt as though I was treated like I owned the place. The staff greeted me by name . I think they decerned who I was by the large group. But I was really impressed. Our room was spotless and VERY CLEAN. I was looking for the other shoe to drop and it never did. I guess that the general manager who must monitor this site sow those early complints he took action.

This Hotel is a 10. I recomend it to for just about any reason but most of all family travelers prepare to be pampered.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
HyattSandyUtah, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment card. We appreciate the great review which you have given us. And we will share this with our entire staff.

We have looked at these comments and we have worked hard to overcome these challenges, to bring you a quality product that you can enjoy.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Kindest Regards,

Hyatt Management
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Stayed four nights and really enjoyed this hotel. Clean, comfortable and very helpful and friendly staff. Highlights were: spacious rooms, heated pool, hot tub, Starbucks coffee free in the a.m. - I could go on...Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Reunion, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I travel to the salt lake city area about once per month on business and was excited when this new hotel opened. Unfortunately I was sorely disappointed. Though the rooms are nice, and well appointed with full kitchens, flat screen TV’s and DVD players I have found the rooms unacceptably dirty on both of my stays. Amazingly on both stays the bed linens were DIRTY, and had large stains all over them. When I called down for service the front desk seemed very put out that I was asking for fresh linins. Further, the bathrooms were in need of attention, with someone else’s hair all over the counter and used toiletries still in the shower. There is however no question that the housekeeping staff is hard at work by 6:30am when the begin talking loudly on their cell phones in the halls and slamming doors. The breakfast is also disappointing. If it makes it out by 7am it is cold, or poorly stocked. Lastly, the hotel is hard to access from the highway, frustrating to find late at night.
I would recommend another hotel in the area, this one falls short.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
HyattSandyUtah, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, June 26, 2009
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We do not accept poor cleanliness nor bad service and we are going to remedy these experiences for future stays.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Hard to access hotel. It was very dirty in the hallways and in our room. There was paper, and dirt in the corners in all rooms. The plastic "breakfast was really bad".

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was a bit worried based on some of the earlier reviews, but this facility far exceeded my expectations.

We were in town for the Eagles concert at Rio Tinto Stadium and chose this facility because it was the closest hotel.

The lobby was very clean and the front desk staff was excellent. Very friendly, quick and helpful.

The room was very clean, the 1 bedroom suite we had overlooked the slightly small but very nice pool area. The living room was more than adequate, with a large and comfortable sofa 32" HDTV with a DVD player, dining table large enough for 3 -4 people and a very clean, very complete kitchen. The bedroom was a bit smaller than I would have liked but did have another TV. The bathroom was wonderful - one of the largest showers I have found in a hotel in this price range and plenty of hot water.

I assume the pool was heated as there were dozens of people in the water despite the 65 temps. The hotel includes breakfast and I was surprised to find eggs, bacon etc in addition to the standard continental offerings.

The hotel does face the freeway. We asked for a rear facing room which got us a view of the pool and mountains and was very quite. I would recommend making this request.

One other pleasant surprise... the hotel lobby has a small store area that sells both snacks and some light meal items that can be prepared in the room. I purchased several items and was stunned to find the prices were actually reasonable - about what I would expect to pay at a quickmart type store. Not as inexpensive as buying in a supermarket but not the ripoff I expect at in a hotel store.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

A beautiful hotel. The living area, kitchen, bedroom and bath area were in great condition. The staff was extremely friendly. I checked in and had a light dinner which was as good as any local restaurant. I could live in this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!