“Good choice if you're in Sandy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Aurora, Colorado
“Good choice if you're in Sandy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband recently started spending time in the SLC area on business about once a month. After staying at a couple of other nearby hotels he landed here a couple of weeks ago as we were embarking on a 12 day road trip to No Calif. After staying here for one night I was afraid that the best night of the trip would be the first one and the last one since we were staying here a couple of nights on the way back to Denver. I wasn't far wrong. I noticed some comments about food smells and there is some of that but it tells me what they're fixing. The omelet bar for breakfast is nice and the other offerings make it a killer deal. We haven't been there to try the cocktail hour. The rooms have been spotless each time we've been there. Bathroom is huge. There are down comforters and pillows so if you're allergic to feathers, let them know so they can get those changed out for you. The kitchenette is nice to have. I have food restrictions and it's easier to fix my own food sometimes. The pool and hot tub are nice and it's close to shopping and dining.

Room Tip: There are some rooms closer to the highway that can get noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt House Sandy (HHS) several times for work in the past year. The HHS is extremely functional and comfortable. If I visited the SLC area for skiing with my family I would consider staying here.

WHY YOU'D LIKE THE HYATT HOUSE SANDY
1. Ample space. I've stayed in a two bedroom unit at the HHS. Each room I had stayed in has had a kitchenette, dining room table, and a sleeping area. There's so much space I've forgotten stuff in the other room.
2. Cocktail hour. I know people who have packed their own liquor when they have traveled to SLC. The cocktail hour is a nice touch. Even though it's 3.2 beer, the COMPLIMENTARY cocktail hour is a great way to kick off the meeting. I see many people who partake in the cocktail snacks as a dinner substitute.
3. Breakfast. There's fruit, yogurt, etc. plus an omelette station! All included in the rate. Between cocktail hour and breakfast included in the rate, I don't know how they make any money!
4. Location. If you have work to do in Sandy or West Jordan, this is a convenient location. It's also close to a mall and REI (!!!) and I am able to run outside in the mall parking lot.
5. Staff. Staff is super nice, even when I roll in from the airport at 1am. They are cheerful and professional.

WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE HYATT HOUSE SANDY
A. Noise, It's a bit loud in the HHS. The guests are not loud but the rooms do not insulate noise well.
B. Smells. Is this because of the kitchenettes? I smell food from other rooms all the time at the HHS.
C. Fit and finish of hotel. The rooms do not feel like they are built to last. Everything feels pre-fabricated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the Hyatt Place Hotel. We stayed in the king studio style room with a full kitchen. Our first stay we didn't use the kitchen but with this stay we used the full-sized fridge and the dishes. It would be perfect for families that want to make lunch or dinner at the hotel instead of the expense of eating out for every meal. It was more like a small apartment that fit our family. The bathroom is a big size with room enough to get ready. The small living room area had a sectional couch with a small desk. There is an outdoor pool that was perfect for our summertime visit. Room was very clean, especially the kitchen. Breakfast is included: pancakes, eggs, ham, breads, cereals, fruits, juices and yogurts. We will be staying there again sometime.

Room Tip: They have larger rooms available with a bedroom separate from the living area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked a two bedroom suite for five nights. I noted that the booking said that the reservation was non-refundable if I made any changes to the reservation. Seems a little onerous to me, and entirely unnecessary. When I arrived at the hotel, no suites were available and I was placed in a standard room. I fully expected some refund, since I didn't change the reservation. When I requested a credit at checkout, the clerk gave me a blank stare and said I'd have to take it up with the booking agent.Over five nights, the difference between the suite rate and the stand rate is $390. The booking agent offered me a $175 refund (I wonder what calculus they used?). Good old Bank of America has refused to intervene, so I'm out the $215. This is dishonest and tacky.

Room Tip: The room facing west are about 200 feet from an 8 lane interstate, lots of traffic noise. You are b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HyattSandy, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good Afternoon Rob Y,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback for your stay.

I apologize for the inconveneices you experienced during your stay. I will be happy to look into this furthur for you. Please reach out to me at Jeff.Olpin@hyatt.com. Please provide your name and stay dates, and I can research what took place.

Have a wonderful day, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest,

Jeff Olpin
Kemmerer, Wy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

You can see the Hyatt from the freeway, it just takes some maneuvering to get there. However, there is shopping, dining and entertainment close by not to mention the Rio Tinto Stadium and the Sandy Convention Center.

The rooms have a kitchenette, which we have never used but we like the hotel so much we pay the extra price. The room was clean and modern, the bed was comfortable and the shower was large with a seat, which made shaving my legs a lot less dangerous.

The buffet is filled with typical buffet breakfast items but you can opt for an omelet made to your order which is fabulous. The coffee was good too.

Nothing bad to say about the service, nothing good either. Just doing their jobs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This place impressed me from start to finish...After a long day of travelling and delayed flights we finally arrived in Salt Lake City. Upon check in and hearing our story the staff (Greg/Sean & Ms Edmonton :) were extremely friendly and empathetic to our situation..so much so they offered us a few complementary food items from their snack bar that we could heat up in our hotel room. WOW...this was truely an unexpected and a welcome surprise.

Check in was quick and we were off to our room.

We booked a 1 bedroom which offered a nice king sized bed, seperate living room with a pull out couch and kitchen. The room was modern, bright and very clean. The bathroom was spotless and was equipped with a nice size glas enclosed shower (no tub). We had a room at the front of the hotel where you could hear a bit of noise from the highway. I would recommend facing the courtyard for a quieter stay. Nice size heated pool and relaxing covered patio in the courtyard.

Nice hot breakfast was included in our stay with made to order omlettes.

A fantastic touch was offering complimentary food and drinks each evening from 5:30 to 7pm. Each night was different with Nachos, wings etc. Beer (Heinekin and Coors lite and wine was included at NO charge!!)

Lots of restaurants nearby (sit down and fast food), Target, shopping mall and Starbucks etc.

Overall I was very impressed with all the staff and with this hotel. Will definately stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon James2559,

We appreciate the wonderful review of your stay. I am pleased that Greg and Sean took care of you upon check in, and the stay was enjoyable throughout your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Kindest,

Jeff Olpin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here while attending a fairytale winter snow wedding event for our niece at nearby La-Caille, a beautiful mountain wedding venue. Family and friends stayed at this hotel and used it as a gathering place. It does have an area to sit, eat, visit, and just hang out by the fire place. The rooms are nice, clean, with average beds. They have a very good weekday
5-7 pm food/beverage happy hour.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!