“Can't Beat the Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Can't Beat the Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We like staying here because it's near a great restaurant (Tiburon) and it's easy access to the Trax light rail, which is an easy way to get to downtown SLC. You get at least a mini suite, which is more than enough for two people, at a very reasonable rate. The breakfast is included and even has an omlette making station. I guess Monday through Thursday nights they have a social hour with food, but we haven't tried that.
The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds are wonderfully comfortable and we always sleep well. The staff we've had interactions with have been friendly, helpful and professional.
You can't ask for more and you can't beat the price for such a nice place.

Room Tip: We've only ever stayed on the first floor. Only heard feel above once. I always feel the top f...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

GOOD: 1) The breakfast in amazing, with omelets to order and all kinds of fruit and breads and cereals.
2) Rooms are quite large.
3) Kitchen is well equipped and spacious.

NOT SO GOOD: 1) We were on a 2-night stay. We left after the first night at 8 am and returned about 12 hours later. Our room had not been cleaned or made up. When I told the desk clerk, he said, "Oh, I' m sorry." That was it. I even had to specifically request some clean towels. No offer to have someone come up, or to give us a discount for that day. Nothing! I was shocked and disappointed.

2) We stayed facing the freeway and the noise was unbearable. Suggestion: Get some heavy drapes over all the windows to reduce the sound!

3) Access to and from the freeway is tricky, esp when you leave the hotel to get back on the freeway.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the freeway. You forsake a view of the valley, but might be able t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in a one bedroom suite. Comfortable, clean, well maintained. A large bathroom. A full-sized refrigerator. A full breakfast every day...including omelet station. All this and the staff was extremely polite and helpful. Pool was open until 10:00p.m., as was hot tub. Really couldn't beat it.

And, if you're going skiing, you just head up the canyon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
frankfort ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff at the Hyatt House went far beyond what I would expect for service at this level hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They answered questions about the ski shuttles, scheduled shuttle service, and sold us ski lift passes. Check in was a little slow but very friendly. There are amazing views of the mountains from two directions outside this hotel.

We reserved 3 rooms for our party. The suites had a kitchen with full fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, pans and utensils. The bedroom had a king size bed, the living room had a pull out couch bed, but my 18 year old son, never pulled it out. He slept on the couch, he thought it was comfortable. The bathroom was clean with a large shower (no tub). Be advised: The water is very soft, and it is quite difficult to get the shampoo and conditioner out of your hair! Housekeeping did a great job and was very cheery (Arielle.)

There are lots of people cooking in this hotel. Lots of ethnic food smells, so...don't freak out! To the person who cooked the salmon croquettes in the hotel on Tuesday, march 4th: That is a FOUL!!! No cooking of salmon in hotels or offices! And microwaving it the next day? Should be an Intentional foul resulting in ejection! The first night we bought steaks at the grocery and used the hotel's awesome (and clean) gas grill. Very high powered gas gill finished our steaks to medium rare in 6 minutes. The gas grill is under a patio with tables near the pool and hot tub. The hot tub and heated pool are perfect for after skiing. The pool was bathwater warm for the first 3 days and refreshingly cool for the last 2 days. I'd say someone complained the pool was TOO warm!

Now to the controversial free breakfast and reception... I say "controversial" because some people thought the offerings were great, and some people did not. I personally thought the food offerings were generous and pretty good for the most part. A budgeting traveler could definitely eat 2 meals here. Some of the items were not top quality, but other items were quite good. Here is what the offerings were when I stayed:

Everyday for breakfast: made to order omelets, juice, oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, OJ, apple juice, milk, coffee
Everyday for afternoon reception: veggies and dip, hummus and pita chips, tortilla chips and salsa, hot, fresh cookies, beer, wine, sodas

From unreliable memory:
Monday Breakfast- Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, french toast
Monday reception- Hot pretzels, spinach cheese dip, breadsticks w/mozzarella and marinara sauce, chili
Tuesday breakfast- Scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage
Tuesday reception- Nachos, chili, ??
Wednesday breakfast-Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, french toast
Wednesday reception- Chicken wings (buffalo and various sauces), chicken noodle soup, salami and swiss cheese, crackers
Thursday breakfast-Scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage
Thursday reception- Pizza, chili, salad bar

The staff at the breakfast and reception were super nice. There did not seem to be a limit on beer or wine- I'm sure if you are drunk you'd be cut off, but my friends who drink had 3 beers or wines each night.

The hotel is about 1 mile from every conceivable retail establishment in the USA. Salt Lake City is a very generic city, with few unique restaurants or stores. You can find every restaurant or store that you can find at home within about 2 miles of this hotel so don't sweat it if you forget something!

Room Tip: Some of the suites have a bedroom that the door closes off, and some just have a bookshelf between t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice for several days each time, for a ski vacation. Great location for 4 skifields nearby. Two bedroom unit was great for family including two teens. Plenty of room to spread out and good size bedrooms and bathrooms. Breakfast including live omelette station was very very good. Coffee was gross though. Evening snacks were repetitive and unappetising - one look each night was enough to send us out for dinner instead. Hotel itself very comfortable and we'd would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive booking this hotel as I was looking for a cheap weekend getaway for my boys (7 and 4) and I. It was initially a little bit more than I wanted to spend. Honestly it was worth every single dollar. Extremely clean. We had a suite and it was huge. The kitchen had everything that we could have needed. Liked the DVD player with the tv. No noise from hallways or nearby rooms. Good location. The included breakfast was outstanding. And, we were shocked that there was a dinner included each night. Nothing fancy, but more than enough. One night was soups, chili, breads, fruits, and a veggie tray. One night was pizzas, chips/salsa, fruits, and a veggie tray. Everyone working here was over the top friendly. The outdoor pool was heated and we were able to take a quick dip one night. Staying here made our great trip really fantastic. I would not hesitate to stay here again. (I could stretch to find a complaint and that would be that there are only showers, and no tubs.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wow. I was blown away by the quality of this stay. I booked this hotel on the TripAdvisor recommendation (as I normally do), and I couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. Yes...perfect.

First off, the location is pretty great. There's about three major roads/highways/interstates to get to and from the Hyatt House and the ski resorts in the Cottonwood Canyons. It's on I-15, but you'll never hear the traffic. There's also a lot of chain restaurants around the area, so a meal isn't very far away (although you'll have to drive to them).

Next of all, the staff: they are the best part of your stay. Jake immediately greeted us upon check-in, gave us the full run-down, and had answers for every single one of our questions (i.e., where's the best pizza delivery?). They were very, very helpful, and very very friendly. Every time we came into the lobby, the staff greeted us, asked us how we were doing, or how the skiing was.

The room was great. It's not your typical suite, our at least our room wasn't. When you walk into the suite, there's a large kitchen area with oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and breakfast bar. Next, there's a smallish living room with a large wrap-around couch. and a center floor-to-ceiling island shelved with a TV. On the other side of that TV island is the king size bed. Lastly, the bathroom is off the king-sized bed, through two outward-opening doors. The bathroom has a huge sink and huge walk-in shower.The room is clean & modern, and the wrap-around couch in the living area folds out into an uncomfortable bed.

Another huge plus to this place was the pool facilities: both the hot tub & pool are outside! This might sound scary in the winter, but the hot tub is nice & toasty...and the pool is heated! The pool area is very clean, with lots of towels & deck chairs, and even a showering facility. The free hotel wifi reaches the pool area as well, so you can use your tablet in the hot tub...like we did, to rest our legs and watch the super bowl :)

The free continental breakfast was also top-notch. There's always hot, fresh food like bacon, eggs, fruit, and cereals, as well as an omelet station. The food even TASTES good. I usually like to sleep in, but I woke up every morning for a delicious (free) breakfast.

Finally, the price for this stay can't be beat. I'm not sure if it was just a special TripAdvisor price that I got, but the cost per night was a STEAL for the value I just detailed above.

The biggest thing I loved about the Hyatt House was the staff. They really made the stay. They were friendly and always willing to help. Because of them, I'll surely be back when I'm in SLC/Sandy.

Room Tip: Every room is in a great location. They are all suites, I believe, so have full amenities.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HyattSandy, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Good Afternoon fonixmunkee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your compliments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share this with the staff, so we can ensure that we keep that high standard of taking care of the guest.

Safe Travels,

Jeff Olpin

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!