“Seriously. The best hotel stay I've ever had.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Superior, Wisconsin
“Seriously. The best hotel stay I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wow. I was blown away by the quality of this stay. I booked this hotel on the TripAdvisor recommendation (as I normally do), and I couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. Yes...perfect.

First off, the location is pretty great. There's about three major roads/highways/interstates to get to and from the Hyatt House and the ski resorts in the Cottonwood Canyons. It's on I-15, but you'll never hear the traffic. There's also a lot of chain restaurants around the area, so a meal isn't very far away (although you'll have to drive to them).

Next of all, the staff: they are the best part of your stay. Jake immediately greeted us upon check-in, gave us the full run-down, and had answers for every single one of our questions (i.e., where's the best pizza delivery?). They were very, very helpful, and very very friendly. Every time we came into the lobby, the staff greeted us, asked us how we were doing, or how the skiing was.

The room was great. It's not your typical suite, our at least our room wasn't. When you walk into the suite, there's a large kitchen area with oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and breakfast bar. Next, there's a smallish living room with a large wrap-around couch. and a center floor-to-ceiling island shelved with a TV. On the other side of that TV island is the king size bed. Lastly, the bathroom is off the king-sized bed, through two outward-opening doors. The bathroom has a huge sink and huge walk-in shower.The room is clean & modern, and the wrap-around couch in the living area folds out into an uncomfortable bed.

Another huge plus to this place was the pool facilities: both the hot tub & pool are outside! This might sound scary in the winter, but the hot tub is nice & toasty...and the pool is heated! The pool area is very clean, with lots of towels & deck chairs, and even a showering facility. The free hotel wifi reaches the pool area as well, so you can use your tablet in the hot tub...like we did, to rest our legs and watch the super bowl :)

The free continental breakfast was also top-notch. There's always hot, fresh food like bacon, eggs, fruit, and cereals, as well as an omelet station. The food even TASTES good. I usually like to sleep in, but I woke up every morning for a delicious (free) breakfast.

Finally, the price for this stay can't be beat. I'm not sure if it was just a special TripAdvisor price that I got, but the cost per night was a STEAL for the value I just detailed above.

The biggest thing I loved about the Hyatt House was the staff. They really made the stay. They were friendly and always willing to help. Because of them, I'll surely be back when I'm in SLC/Sandy.

Room Tip: Every room is in a great location. They are all suites, I believe, so have full amenities.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HyattSandy, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Good Afternoon fonixmunkee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your compliments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share this with the staff, so we can ensure that we keep that high standard of taking care of the guest.

Safe Travels,

Jeff Olpin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I went skiing to Snowbird and Alta. We picked the Hyatt House in Sandy for its proximity to the slopes (35 min), restaurants (5 min), and bonus discovery: movie theater (5 min). The room was clean and roomy. Lots of space for 2 to spread out and relax. Well equipped kitchen w/full refrigerator, stovetop burners and microwave. No bath but large standing shower with a lot of water pressure :)
The spa was working as well as the heated pool but we didnt use them. We loved the 5-7 from Monday thru Thursday... Free beer, wine & finger food! After a great day out on the slopes, we were excited to go back to the hotel and enjoy the perks! Breakfast was enjoyable with made to order omelettes plus fresh fruits, pancakes, scramble eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereals, etc.
A lot of positives and only one negative: skiers like us need to hang and dry gear/clothing but no hooks are on the walls. 2 hooks in the living room would have been very helpful. Friendly staff.
We strongly recommend this .

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is facing the mountains. View of the highway if room is in the front of t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here on Christmas eve to christmas morning and it was great! They gave us a little gift and the front desk people were so awesome. The rooms were wonderful and we wished we would have stayed longer! The breakfast buffet was so awesome. The hotel itself was a little hidden away, but a very short walk to theaters, shopping, grocery, and the expo center.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west! There is a great view at night of all the city lights. Alternatively, a grea...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room - fantastic. Clean. Big. It's a suite and I think it was bigger than my first apartment! TV in the living room but one also in the bedroom. My daughter went to bed in the living room and it was very easy for my husband and I to stay up later in the bedroom. The bath was large and easily housed all of our belongings. The kitchen was surprisingly roomy (well arranged) with an eat-in area.

Pool - very nice. Decent size. It is outside though so probably not something you'd use once it gets cold.

Exterior - There were grills and seating areas outside so that, if you were on an extended stay, you wouldn't have to always cook in your room.

Buffet breakfast - Pretty bad. The arrangement had the line divided and in a tiny alcove. Nothing was being on a regular basis and EVERYTHING was in the buffet including drinks so there was a lot of waiting around and cutting into lines. The food itself was mediocre at best so we stuck with cereal.

Location - good. There are grocery stores and shops just up the road so easy to get things to cook.

In general, I think they were making changes and they seemed to have a lot of new people so hopefully they've straightened those things out.

Room Tip: There is a little noise when you are in a highway facing room but no more than should be expected.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fremont, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

be sure to ask desk for wakeup call, dont count on the in room alarm clock or phone system. breakfast buffet and evening free reception excellent. Beautiful room, suite and full kitchen, very clean. staff very friendly and helpful. good value and location. bed, sofa, very comfy. good free internet, wifi. will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Price, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We just recently stayed here and I was an amazing place I loves everything about it and it was close to the shopping restaurants and also the expo center where we had to be all day very convenient and nice place to stay. The rooms are very clean we booked a two bedroom two king room had a full kitchen two bathrooms and for a really reasonable price. It has a heated pool hot tub nice patio area as well.

Stayed December 2013
HyattSandy, General Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Good Afternoon Briennah85,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope your travels continue to be wonderful!

Kindest,

Jeff
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

It's always interesting when a hotel decides to be pet friendly but you just know they don't like pets. I knew the hotel allowed dogs but didn't know of the pretty steep fees that accompany this. There was some story conveyed about how a special service has to be called in to clean the room after a pet stays there. Hmmm. So, they don't turn a room until this "service" shows up? The whole thing was a little fishy or as Diane Sawyer said to Whitney Houston, "show me the receipts." It's more like using the "home" branding to take a little more $ from pet owners. The 4 star Monaco has no such fees or policy either, which is where we ultimately went. This Hyatt was clean and the furnishings were modern and comfortable. A little noisy if you face the freeway.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the feedback regarding our pet policy. To follow up with you, we do bring in a third party to clean and disinfect the rooms after each pet departs. As we are a hotel that can have extended stay guests, we want to ensure that the pet dander is removed as much as possible for the next guest. If there was someone that had an allergy, and they were here for a month, we wouldn't want them to find the pet dander from prolonged exposure.

I would be happy to discuss this further if you would like. I can be reached at Jeff.Olpin@hyatt.com. We appreicate the time you took to respond, and we hope your travels are enjoyable.

Kindest,

Jeff Olpin

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!