“Great perks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great perks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Mon-Thurs evening social was a good way to meet other travellers; Breakfast with omelette bar was incredible; patio option for dining was a bonus with the mountains in view; 2 bedroom suite was great for our group.

Room Tip: Corner suites were spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've stayed here in the past and was very pleased with both the property itself and the friendly service. This time, our stay was less pleasing from the service viewpoint, although the property is still well designed for the business traveler. It's interesting to observe the natural progression that occurs in some businesses as they age. Initially, when management is attempting to build the business, staff are well trained to be really helpful, friendly and flexible. When things become more settled and there is less pressure to attempt to produce happy customers who will aid in marketing the property, the atmosphere can change unless management continues to manage and to recognize that travelers do have a choice in which businesses they patronize. That has happened here. The rooms haven't changed, they are still pleasant, comfortable, and relatively clean but the welcoming atmosphere is no longer present. That may not be important to some travelers but I believe it sets the tone for the whole property. There are a lot of activities behind the scenes that the customer never sees but trusts to be performed correctly. When one encounters an obvious lack of caring from those who interact with the customer, one suspects that attitudes elsewhere might not be up to snuff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattSandy, Manager at HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our property. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We have many new staff members at this time, and your input will help us to show all of them how important the guest experience is, and how they can help to make your stay more memorable and enjoyable.

Meghan James
Assistant General Manager
Hyatt House
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here May 24th for one night. It was an unplanned stop as I realized I was just not well enough to make the drive back to Colorado that evening.

Check in was fast and courteous, the management made sure I had everything I needed for my stay. They even have a 24-hour 'store' that one could purchase meals, drinks, last-minute necessities, but I felt the meals offered weren't that great, just mainly pre-packaged and/or frozen. Nonetheless, I can see how that would come in handy for those arriving late.

I requested a quiet room on the east side, away from the freeway to the west and the construction to the south (it looks like another hotel or some type of large structure is being built).

The room was large, had a full size kitchen with utensils, plates, everything one would need to cook at home. My room faced east as requested, towards the mountains and overlooking the pool. If it weren't for the large group of 20+ children that were in the pool right up until 10pm, I would have had a peaceful evening. Unfortunately I had to wait until their posted quiet hours of 10pm before I could actually get some rest. That, and the unfortunate circumstance of a smoke detector going off in my hall way in someone's room that did not get turned off for about 35 minutes or so. Earplugs solved that issue for the time being, but not without being bothered for a little bit. Oh well, you can't control everything. Management did respond to my request to address the smoke detector issue but it still took some time. He also assured me the pool would get quiet at 10 pm, which it did.

The breakfast in the morning was your typical hotel 1/4 folded processed-cheese omelets, pork sausages, fruit, cereals, waffles, etc. The coffee was weak but I have yet to find hotel coffee that is delicious, so take that for what it's worth.

There is ample parking in the back for larger vans/shuttles, but not necessarily for rigs or full-size RV's.

Overall if you are staying in the Sandy area I would recommend this place due to it's proximity to ski areas and urban malls alike. It is clean and management was very nice.

Room Tip: Choose the east side, higher levels for mountain views. The west side faces the freeway and the sout...
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and could not believe how at home we felt when we walked into our room. We had a living/kitchen, a bedroom and an awesome bath. The morning breakfast was always a special treat with different offerings daily. The hospality of the nightly food and drinks from Monday through Thursday was a delight to a relaxing evening. We had the pleasure of having meeting in the meeting rooms along with a banquet and they were always ready and set up extreamly well. I will return to this hotel the next time I am in Sandy Utah.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed in a King suite for 10 days on business. The room was great and the breakfasts and 'Happy Hour' food in the evening were a wonderful bonus.
The staff were all very friendly and were always willing to help.
Definitely good value for money and I will stay again if I have business in Salt Lake City, or to go skiing in the mountains.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter.
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great place for extended stay. Room was spacious and comfy. Nice kitchen and living area separate from bedroom. Excellent shuttle service to nearby locations and city train stop to go into downtown Salt Lake City. Good amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
St. Paul,MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I highly recommend Hyatt House hotel! Our family stayed here and found the room to be very clean and comfortable. Things we liked: 1) We took advantage of the fully supplied kitchen and prepared a meal for dinner. 2) Close to many restaurants and Target/ grocery store 3) Heated outdoor pool and hot tub! Awesome after a day skiing. 4) Very good breakfast included and great coffee. Different hot foods served each morning we were there. Large area for seating. 5) Great value for the price. 6) Roomy shower with extra large shower head. Plenty of hot water. 7) two TV's in our room. One for the kids and one for us. 8) Very close to ski rental business. 9) 30-35 minute drive to Alta and Brighton ski resorts . 10) 15 minute drive to downtown Salt Lake City and easy access from the interstate to the hotel.
I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salt Lake City South Towne
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!