“Swanky!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City
“Swanky!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had stayed at the Hyatt Place by the Gateway downtown last year and loved the very modern room decor and layout. Luckily the Hyatt House in Sandy kept up the same "look" which had me and my SO very pleased! That's primarily why I chose it - I wanted a nice "looking" modern room instead of some frumpy, dated budget hotel. We stayed in a 1 king unit which has a fully functional kitchen, a nice couch/chaise, and a wooden TV wall unit serving as the room divider which is a nice touch- it feels very cozy. Everything was spotless and clean; however, I our room and the hallway did smell a bit musty. Noise from the hallway was not filtered well- there is a gap under the door- but surprisingly noise from the pool outside the window could almost not be heard and was very well insulated. Overall, loved our stay for the price and the upscale feel of the room. Breakfast was standard offerings but presented nicely with nice china and glasses, and there was free wifi and parking. One minor irritation: the shower has no side wall or lip so water pools far onto the bathroom floor. Last, we specifically asked to be placed on the side opposite the freeway. In sum, very happy!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the back/pool for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Crownsville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Hotel is very nice, seems brand new, we had a 1 bedroom suite, that has a small kitchen in it, but we didn't even need the kitchen, because the hotel offers a free breakfast each morning, which had items such as eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, breads/bagels/muffins, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc etc.. was nice. They also offer (mon-thurs i think ) a happy hour where you can get free beer/soda/wine, and lots of free munchies to choose from.
Our room was very nice, although it had a 'stinky feet' smell when you walked in, i would assume it had a water leak at one time, but it wasn't over powering.
We did stay on the highway side, so you can hear traffic, but that also was not very loud.
Good size hot tub outside, and a heated pool.
Over all very nice hotel, would stay here again.

Room Tip: i would recommend a room that isn't on the highway side if available.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This looks like a fairly new property. I think Hyatt is renaming their Springhill Suites to Hyatt House. The room includes a kitchenette with stove top and full frig. Nice shower (no tub) with rainfall faucet. Breakfast is pretty weak with the eggs that were cooked hours prior and are nicely baked. But, if you like fruit and breads with some fruit you'll be fine. Happy Hour has wine (in the smallest glasses I've ever seen) and beers in a limited variety. Food choice was salad fixings primarily. No bar or real restaurant, but they do sell beers, sodas, ice cream, etc at the check in desk. Staff are friendly and nice. Close to restaurants and services.

Biggest objection is the room was noisy. Could easily hear people in the hallway and in other rooms as well shower and water closet sounds. I think there are better options close by.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Murray, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants (within a mile drive) and shopping. It is also located right by the freeway. This may be discouraging to some who would prefer a little less noise, but inside the hotel itself, I didn't notice the freeway.

We had a full kitchen in our room and the room was immaculate. One problem was that the bedside lamps weren't functional. We called to the front desk to see if anyone could fix them and they said they'd send someone up -- but they never did. We made it through our trip without them working.

The hotel also had a nice pool / jacuzzi and workout room.

Overall, I'd recommend this place if you need to visit the Salt Lake City area (the city itself is about 15 minute drive) but not necessarily stay in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield (which is currently changing its name to the Hyatt House) in Sandy Utah from 2-20 to 2-25. The location is next to I-15 and though there is some noise from the interstate, our overall stay was quite nice. The breakfast was very good and the evening reception was nice with decent wine and a choice of import and domestic beer. It was an easy drive to the ski areas in Park City and both Cottonwood Canyons. I was with my wife and 15 year old son and we stayed in a two bedroom suite. The room was very nice with a large eat in kitchen nice living room and two nice size bedrooms with quite large bathrooms in each. There were two computers off the lobby area with printers which we used to print our boarding passes. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub were excellent after a day of skiing. There are numerous restaurants and stores in the area to cater to everyone's tastes. I cannot say enough about the staff. Courteous and friendly. I used to be a hotel manager and would absolutely have loved to have the staff from this hotel working for me. The only minus I could give the hotel was the following, (which I have to note I did not bring it up to the management): the housekeeper did not replace the bath soap or the shampoo for the 5 days we stayed (I could see 3 maybe 4 days but we didn't have much left by the 5th day and had to use the shampoo from my son's room). We also had to call down for toilet tissue for one of the bathrooms, though we did find another roll in my son's room. These are just small problems that I'm sure would have been corrected had I called the front desk. I did like the fact that there was toothpaste in the bathrooms but conspicuously missing was some body lotion, which we could have used given the dry weather.
Last year we stayed at the Homewood Suites in Midvale. The Hyatt cost us a few hundred dollars less and we had a better breakfast and evening reception, nicer rooms, was cleaner and had the plus of the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. We will be back and when we go, we will stay at the Hyatt. I disagree with another reviewer who felt it wasn't for skiers. The hot tub was working and we never heard a train, which on google earth is .68 miles away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stay at this hotel while visiting family and friends in Sandy, Salt Lake City, and Provo. The hotel is located in between two I-15 freeway exits, which is convenient. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We like having a kitchen in the room. The complimentary breakfast is okay; we wish they offered longer hours. We will stay here the next time we are in Utah.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place is right on the highway and close to loud train tracks. The hot tub was broken and none of the employees knew if it.would be fixed or not, nor did they seem to care. Otherwise, the hotel is clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!