“Great Family Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy

You added HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy to your Saves list
HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9685 South Monroe Street, Sandy, UT 84070 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Sandy/Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Southern California
“Great Family Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here in August 2011 in a 2 room suite with my husband, daughter, and mom. First time at a Hyatt Summerfield Suites. The hotel is new and centrally located in Sandy. The 2 room suite was HUGE--full size kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and ample sized living room. The price of the room also includes breakfast in the morning and "evening reception" which was, for us, full blown dinner.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. We were on the west side of the hotel facing the freeway, and there was some freeway ambient noise at night. Didn't really bother me, but if you were a light sleeper you might want to ask to be on the east facing side of the property.

Pool and spa were clean and pleasant. Lovely view of mountains while swimming.

Only issue was the sliding door to the bathroom in the one bedroom was off its track and was somewhat difficult to get moving. Put in a request to maintenance on the first day of our stay but it was never fixed.

Other reviewers have commented on the "modern" decor. I thought it was great, although the bathroom was so huge and sort of empty, it seemed sort of odd, like they were going to put in a tub or something and forgot. But I didn't mind at all. Also, the closets are fairly small. No problem if you are there in the summer, but I can imagine 6 people in the room with winter gear would put space at a premium.

Delightful stay. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: West side faces freeway, but gets lots of afternoon sun. East side faces mountains, quieter, but not...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I travel to salt lake city for medical care from southern Utah which is about a 600 mile trip so I like to stay over. For years my go to hotel was the sandy/cottonwood residence Inn. I was excited to see the Hyatt come in with a similiar style hotel(full kitchen, living rooms) but new and updated. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are excellent. I have stayed here three times and each room has been excellent, nice linens, huge bathroom, full kitchen, and comfortable if I travel with my kids. The nighttime social is very nice. The food is good, but this is the first hotel Ihave stayed at in Utah(and I have logged over 200 nights in slc hotels over the past 10 years) that I found such a wonderful diverse crowd. I really felt like I was back in a big back east city hotel. I made some very nice friends just sitting and chatting. The breakfast is fair(ill give the residence inn points for a better breakfast). The only downside is the staff is not senstive to any special requests when it comes to medical needs. I called ahead to get a room on a certain floor and was promised one and since they were underbooked they would not use rooms on that floor. I ended up in a noisy area of the hotel. Checkin was also a hassle and I have a hard time standing(after a long day at the hospital) and they would not let me sit in the lobby and bring the check in information to me. I wrote to the hotel about several issues with no response. If you are healthly and do not need any special accomdiations, this is a great hotel. Super location, close to stores, resturants, and very nice rooms.

Room Tip: top floor is best but aviod the area near the air/heat units.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Very, very clean and spacious suite with well stocked kitchen--though there is no oven. Pool and hot tub are open year round, breakfast was huge and very good. Staff friendly and responsive. The wireless Internet was included in the price and sufficiently fast to stream video--although you had to re-authorize your devices every 24 hours. Located close to I-15 and shopping/dining.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bellmore, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

When we go to Utah for a ski vacation, my family stays almost exclusively at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Sandy. We have been here about a half a dozen times so far, and we are always very happy with the service and clean, modern, comfortable accommodations.
If you plan to ski at Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, or Solitude, this hotel is pretty convenient (approx 25-35 minutes away.) The 1 BR suite has a nice size kitchen and dining area (if you want to make food in your room or have picky/tired youngsters.) A great perk of this hotel is the breakfast buffet (everyday) and the light fare and drinks offered in the evenings (M-TH.) After a long day of skiing, it is wonderful to have this apres-ski food option as opposed to a more formal meal (It also saves you money :)) However, if you do venture out for dinner, there are boundless choices just minutes away from the hotel. There is a laundry on the premises, so you can wash your clothing, and the main desk has everything you need from detergent to fabric softener to change, as well as a mini store for drinks and snacks. Although I have never used it, there is also a heated pool (outdoors) a small indoor gym and an internet lounge area. My only complaint is that since this hotel is geared more toward business people, there are not any hanging hooks for damp ski clothes at the end of the day, and the rooms are short on drawer/shelving space for all the ski stuff. The only other pesky item is the bathroom door (which has no lock, and is the sliding variety...not as private as some might like.) However, these small things aside, the hotel and staff are truly wonderful throughout. We really enjoy our stays at this hotel and will continue to come back time and time again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I highly recommend the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Sandy, UT for your next trip to Salt Lake.
The rooms are spacious, the temperature controls are simple and worked almost immediately. Bathroom counter space was abundant and the shower was huge. I still don't like low water toilets. Had to flush more than once several times. But the kitchen was perfect if you plan on doing meals in and you are staying for an extended period of time. Plates, silverwear, pots, pans, dishwasher, large refrigerator with ice maker, a toaster, are just some of the kitchen goodies. The room itself was very well lit and the bed very comfortable. Convienent to I-15 and Rio Tinto Stadium. Also take advantage of the guest pass to Lifetime Fitness. As a workout junkie, this place was Nirvana!!!

Room Tip: I had a first floor room. Outside noise wasn't very bothersome to me.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The hotel was very nice. It appears to be a relatively new property. Its in a very nice/new area with alot of shopping and restaurants, but seems to be in and industrial/business park area. Airport was about a 30 min drive. Front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The free morning breakfast was very good, its a full breakfast. There is also an evening social with free food and drink monday thru thursday, but I was not able to attend due to other committments. The exercise room was very nice but i found the weight lifting machine a bit hard to work with. As it was 25 degrees outside I did not venture into the outdoor pool or hot tub. The free internet computers in the business lounge were functional. One of them kept signing me out every 15 minutes or so....but its free. There is also a shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius. The room was nice. Each room had a kitchenette area, a couch, a queen bed, and a nice bathroom. I didn't care for the double doors to the bathroom. One kept getting stuck and they made lots of noise opening and closing them. Also, there is no tub, only a shower. I also didn't care for the feather pillows. They did not offer any support and my neck was stiff for 3 days. There were no other types of pillows in the room. Flat screen TV was nice with enough channels. Heat was good as was the water temp and pressure. My only complaint, although it is not the fault of the hotel, is that the hotel is within a stone's throw (literally) of I-15. I am a light sleeper and the interstate noise was constant and woke me up every 2 or 3 hours. If I were in that area again I would ask for a room away from the interstate or go to another hotel in the area...there are many and several away from the interstate. There are also several nice restaurants in the area. Carver's Steakhouse......a bit pricey but great quality and exceptional service and staff.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the interstate!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

From start to finish.. our experience was such a pleasure. We were traveling with our 5 year old and 2 year old for the first time and we were exhausted when we finally checked in! We were given our keys quickly, found our room easily with 1 of 3 elevators, and were immediately impressed! Hardwood floors in the kitchen with stainless steel, flat screen that spun for the bed and living side. Huge bathroom but shower only, rainfall shower head was awesome, big beds, lots of pillows. Bathroom doors were heavy and did make some noise. :( We had a crib sent up while we went and had a quick bite around the corner (everything is within 5-10 minutes), and it was waiting when we came back. Neither my husband nor myself could figure it out and called for help.. the woman from the front desk came up and set up the crib for us. Breakfast was always different with hot and cold items... kids had cereals, juice, bananas, milk, muffins. We had omelets, blintzes, french toast.... Coffee needs a little help though. Pool was heated but it was too cold when we were there.. it was outside. Then my baby got sick. He started a fever and only got worse. Finally, we had to take him somewhere to be seen..it was saturday night. I went down to the front desk and explained that we needed immediate medical help for my infant. The young woman gave me 2 names and numbers of local clinics,with directions, and then told me her daughter saw a doctor at a specific clinic and loved him. So thats where we went. We were seen right away, they brought his fever down and the next afternoon, the young lady from the front called our room and asked how our son was!!!! I couldnt believe it!!!

Great hospitality and beautiful room... sunsets were fantastic!

Room Tip: rooms facing east have the sun, but there are blackout curtains.. buts thats the mountain side!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!