“Very comfortable bed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Very comfortable bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Courtyard by Marriott in Sandy, Utah.
After booking online, we had a pleasant check in with a very friendly lady at the front desk.
The room was nicely decorated with a small couch and a cute little balcony to view the courtyard. Our bed was queen size and it, along with the pillows, were very comfortable.
We paid $10.00 extra for our room so we could include breakfast. We ate in the lobby the next morning and the food was very good and cooked to order. Well worth the $10.00.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Hyde Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed on business back in October. The reception was friendly, the room was pretty clean (although the cleanliness of the bathroom was a 3 out of 5). The breakfast in the lobby was fantastic. The French Toast with fresh strawberries alone would make me choose to stay at a Courtyard again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains, you can watch the sunrise over them which is magical!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montevideo, Uruguay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Reception was ok but not particularly friendly on our way in or out.

The lobby looked beautiful. Our room was clean, pretty, and pleasant. (Except for the shower, which drained slowly.)

Wifi was fast and reliable while we were there, and it was pretty easy to connect to.

We used the exercise room in the morning and it was adequate: two treadmills, an elliptical, a bicycle machine, and I think some weights also. Each of the cardio machines had its own tv. The machines were all working, and we didn't have to wait to use any of them.

We also visited the pool (which was a little cooler than I was interested in) and the whirlpool tub. The whirlpool tub in the pool area is pretty large, and it is nice--it's more than several jets evenly spaced around the tub...there are tons of little jets, and it feels very relaxing.

Our main problem was with breakfast. My husband has a severe allergy, so we were asking the girl at the bistro about the preparation of various dishes, and we know to ask pretty specific questions about the ingredients, and she confidently answered our questions in a way that made it sound like all of the food was really fresh and prepared right there...but then it wasn't. Like, she said that the breakfast potatoes were "just potatoes," even when we asked the question several different ways, and when we actually got them they were covered in different seasonings--a huge allergy risk for my husband! We each ordered main plates ($8.50 each), and fruit cups ($3.50 each), and for a $25 breakfast, my husband came away hungry (only able to eat the fruit, which was not ripe except for the pineapple chunks), and I came away feeling like I had eaten a very processed meal. It was especially disappointing that my husband wasn't able to eat his dish. It seems like some allergy training is in order, because if he had eaten it, he definitely would have had serious problems. So, the bistro was very disappointing.

Because the service was really underwhelming and we had the bad experience with breakfast, we felt like it was a very average hotel. It isn't a terrible place to be--we did like our room, and that was the most important part...but...with so many hotels nearby, we won't be coming back to this one.

Room Tip: We were in 412 and it had a strong wifi signal and a nice layout, with a king bed facing the window...
Green Features: I noticed the signs about hanging our towels up and they won't wash them, or not hanging them if we want them washed...but it kind of seems like most hotels do that. So, I'm not really sure what environmentally-friendly practices we're supposed to comment about.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, to be close to movie theatres and the mall, to do some Xmas shopping. The staff were very friendly, noticing as I came and went, and saying hi. The rooms are nicely appointed. Love the HD TV! Internet connection is free and was reliable. Plenty of hot water in the shower. Oddly, the indoor pool area didn't seem that busy but I was there on weekdays. The lunch counter while not open all day, had Starbuck's, pastries, and dome food items. Breakfast was the only meal I ate there, and that was tasty and not too expensive. Close to everything, including the freeway exit.

Will return someday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This property is close to staying in Salt Lake City. It's easy off-easy on highway location makes it a breeze to get into the city and surrounding suburbs in minutes. Many restaurants within walking distance offer a wide variety of dining choices. The room was large and comfy. A pullout sofa sleeper allows sleeping room for extra guests. The staff was over the top friendly and helpful. A small sundry area off the lobby offered many edibles and even a hairbrush since I had neglected to pack mine. Although I stayed there for unpleasant circumstances (a funeral) this hotel made me feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: No noise from traffic or lobby from my second floor front room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is relatively new and the amenities were good. There's a Starbucks in the hotel for coffee nuts and a pool, jacuzzi and cardio room for those of us that need a break after a long day of business. There was also a "mini" store next to check in where you could buy any number of snacks and drinks.

The room was nice and relatively quiet except for the occasional kid running up and down the hall. The bed was comfortable and the facilities were adequate. One of the best parts of the room was the view of the mountains.

The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. They gave us good recommendations for activities and dinners and helped solve some computer issues I was having.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel about four times this year for business. It is a good base if you have business in Sandy, Salt Lake City and the southern areas.

I take most of my meals in the hotel as they have a fairly good selection of healthy options.

There are also several restaurants around the area- a few well within walking distance.

They have a small gym (and pool), strong wifi and free parking --pretty much what I need.

Most importantly, location is relatively quiet...I have had no problems sleeping in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Sandy? Share your experiences!