“Good value, good rate” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
“Good value, good rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here on an overnight business trip, and wasn't disappointed. I have frequently stayed in several of the hotels adjacent to this hotel, and am actually more favorably inclined to return to this hotel over the others that are from more expensive chains.

The room was clean, odorless, and nicely appointed. The staff was nice and professional. The breakfast was meant to be a quick bite, and it was, but it met the expectations for a hotel that offers kitchenettes in the rooms. The parking area was large, clean, and well-lit.

I'd recommend this hotel and am very inclined to return here in my next stay in Sandy.

Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were so pleased with your stay. It's great to hear that the room was very clean and that we exceeded your expectations. I am so pleased to read that you would recommend our hotel to others and you would come back to stay with us again. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

After reading some of the reviews (re: Extended Stay - SANDY), I have to say I don't think the people writing these reviews knew which Extended Stay or hotel they were staying at.

First, this is a NON-SMOKING hotel and I did not smell smoke or see anyone smoking INSIDE the hotel whatsoever. As for panhandlers, there were none to be seen in the area (head further north to Murray or SLC and you will see tons of them). Also, the front desk staff were uniformed and looked professional. The rooms, hallways, and other public areas were always clean. Yes, you do get some odors in the halls as this is an EXTENDED STAY hotel and yes, people do cook at these types of hotels.

If you have realistic expectations, I don't see how you can really find any fault with this hotel. I was very pleased with the condition of the hotel and the rooms--particularly for the price paid. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and suitable for a 2-night or 14-night stay. Daily housekeeping is an additional fee but depending how clean or messy you are, you may not need it at all.

Sure, the hotel may not have a swimming pool or fitness center, but you can pay 2-3 times the price and stay at one of the neighboring hotels. However, if you're out and about for most of the day and just need a place to sleep, I would highly recommend this hotel to budget (and other) travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the bed was very comfortable. The staff and I are pleased that our hotel met your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

First time I stayed in Utah (several months ago) I made the mistake of being lured in by the very low prices of this hotel.

This place seems more like a free-range rehab clinic than a hotel. It's beaten up, dirty, stinky and it's hard to tell the staff from the occupants at times. Cigarettes being smoked in the halls and elevator. Someone stole our "DND" sign off our door knob EVERY night. Like... why even do that.

We were very sad we stayed there, but it was only for two nights so it wasn't worth the hassle of demanding a refund and finding another place. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were affected by smoke at our hotel. We are a non-smoking hotel, and strive to enforce this rule. We will continue to do so to ensure this issue does not affect our future guests. As well, I am sorry that the Do Not Disturb sign was removed from your door. We will work to make sure this does not happen again.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sls@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Pickerington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel has great potential. It is surrounded by other hotels that are alot pricier but right now, you are getting what you paid for. The rate is low which is nice if you aren't spending a whole lot of time at the hotel. We were in town for a week to see our new grandson so basically were just sleeping at the hotel. I think with a major customer service training session, it could make a big difference. The staff seems young and inexperienced and doesn't represent the hotel well with first impressions. Be it an employee talking loudly on the phone complaining about a guest (which it did sound like the guest was being unreasonable, still shouldn't happen) to friends dropping off ice cream cones to another front desk clerk. The guests seem to be second thoughts. Towels need major overhaul as very thin and torn to some degree.

We didn't get the housekeeping service and it wasn't the least bit of a problem to trade in the towels or get additional toilet paper. The shower was one of the best ones i've ever had heat and pressure wise, but they do need to get shower curtain liners as no matter how much we tried, it always seemed to look out the sides.

They could really use the option of buying bags of ice or provide ice machines as ice sitting in the trays gets stale and couldn't use.

The breakfast is more than adequate for a fast, quick meal but they really need to watch clearing it away early and making sure there is plenty of coffee throughout the breakfast time since the coffee is really the main feature.

Hotel has slight odors but that is due to people cooking i'm sure so nothing can be done about it and wasn't overly annoying, and didn't travel into our room.

Bed was adequate but not overly plush but again, feel you get what you pay for. If you aren't going to be lounging around the hotel, it's absolutely perfect. I think with a little more "polishing" it could be a great place to stay in this part of the area as there is alot around (bags of ice at Conoco at the corner) and has easy access to the highway.

I guess if it got alot better though, price would go up so this is good if you want to save some money. Beware of panhandlers which i guess has gotten a lot worse since we've lived there and my husband was trying to be a good samaritan and gave $1 to one on the corner and then inquired about his "hard luck" and heard a story about the government taking half his check for child support, etc... we did have a good laugh about though the rest of the week but wanted to warn.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor for less noise. Elevator is fast.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service displayed by some members of our staff. I will meet with the entire staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Exactly what you would expect with an Extended Stay. The location is great. Right off 15 and easy to get to. FedEx Kinko's is two blocks away. So is a Staples. Good shopping around. There is a men's warehouse and Nordstrom's rack. Walking distance to a Starbucks and other restraints.

The hotel was semi clean. I would suggest washing the dishes before you use them. If you need more shampoo or soap you can ask for it at the front desk. We had the fire alarm go off the second day I was there. The hotel decided to test the system the next day and afterwards the manager called each room to check in. Very friendly staff. Overall, a nice stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our great location and our friendly staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize if the cleanliness of your dishes did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I think the staff recieves a lot of complaints. they hide behind the corner. you've gotta holler for them to come out. they usually seem stressed and dont want to bother with the guests. nor do they like to answer the phone. the rooms are pretty tacky. our blinds were ripped up, and the white lamp shades were all stained. the kitchen doesnt come with a spatula or a sponge our toilet broke and there was toilet water everywhere, the maintenance man never came. it was broken for two days until finally the manager came and fixed it. it was gross cleaning the toileet water up because if you want a new towell you have to bring back your old ones so I was transporting dirty toilet water towells back and forth. And the washer and dryers are $2 each! positive things... um the manager was nice to us after the toilet broke. there is a kitchen. they have a little grab and go breakfast.it is relatively cheap.

Room Tip: any room that ends in 15 is larger than the others
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Bethany - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room, maintenance issues and the level of professionalism displayed by members of our staff during your stay. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and maintenance policies so that these issues do not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, sls@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I found a great deal online and was really excited about my stay at first. Then I got to the hotel they gave me my room key, I went up to my room and they had not cleaned it yet. I then went back down stairs and had to redo my paper work to be put into a different room. This room had a very leaky sink and I have called every day of my stay and they have promised to send someone the following day to fix it... Needless to say it still leaks. On top of that you have to take cold showers because if you turn on the slightest bit of hot water the pipes squeal and hiss and the walls of the bath tub shake, it's a terrifying experience really. I'm convinced it's not safe and it made my child cry. And that goes for everyone in the hotel. So if your neighbor is getting ready at 4 in the morning then you get to hear the awful pipes squeel while you are trying to sleep. Also don't stay here if you actually want a grab and go breakfast because every time I have gone down to get something everything has been gone. Also if you want "free" wifi speeds that are fast enough to use you will have to pay extra. And one last negative comment, the customer service sucks. Every time I take my towels to get new ones they act like it is a total inconvenience and waste of their time. However the rooms are a good size and the beds are nice and it is nice to have a kitchen, but I won't stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Kennie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad that you found your room to be spacious and that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that your room was not properly cleaned before your arrival. As well, I am sorry to hear about your leaking sink and the loud pipes in your shower. Lastly, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast, our free Wi-Fi and our customer service did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments and will work to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for your feedback, as it will allow us to continue to improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sls@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy? Share your experiences!