“Lesson Learned” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Pomona, California, United States
“Lesson Learned”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I absolutely NEVER give a bad review. I was truly disappointed with my stay. Staff was unfriendly. We were never greeted in our 5 night stay. Woke up to cigarette smoke which was a problem for my husband's bronchitis. It didn't feel like a vacation at all more like we had over-stayed our welcome at the in-laws house. I won't return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Mia - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that there was a smoke odor in your room and that my staff did not attend to your needs properly while staying with us. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, our housekeeping staff has eliminated the odor in your room.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sls@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Citrus Heights, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

No pool or hot tub. Bathtub was not clean. Cold water faucet did not work. Looked like older facility, not particularly well maintained. Out of coffee and muffins one morning. Next morning, coffee was full of coffee grounds. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We used Priceline and reserved our stay for $32 a night. Our room had kitchenette, queen bed and full bath. Can't beat the price! Located by shopping mall and plenty of restaurants.
We will definitely stay here when we come to Utah to visit family!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay here in Sandy.

Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have visited SLC/Sandy five times since August, 2012, to see my very ill mother-in-law; the last four visits, we stayed at Extended Stay America in Sandy, because the prices were reasonable and we could save some money by making our meals in our room, which had a kitchen. Choosing this hotel was definitely the right choice. Stephanie (the manager), Nicole (who blew me away by remembering my name after our first visit), and each of the other staff members treated us like family during each of our visits. With the circumstances of our visits, their friendly faces and expressions of concern for my mother-in-law were much appreciated, and were the reason for our return visits. Our last visit was to attend her funeral, and Stephanie and the rest of the staff were so kind and compassionate. I will miss seeing them.

The rooms: The beds seemed new and comfortable, we had no problems with the fridge, and everything was clean. We didn't like the frying pans that were provided, so on one occasion we just brought one of our own; however, the staff made it clear to us that all we needed to do is call them if we needed any additional kitchen items (we just packed what we needed instead). There were a few minor issues with the kitchen faucet leaking if the handle was not pushed back hard, and the spray from the shower head having a really wide radius, but I wasn't too bothered by these and did not report them to staff. If I had reported these issues, I am sure they would have sent someone up to fix them.

Bottom line: During a very difficult time in our lives, Stephanie and her staff at ESA went above and beyond to make us feel like family, and gave us a home away from home. We will never forget them. There has been some discussion of a family reunion in SLC on the anniversary of my dear mother-in-law's passing; if this happens, we will definitely stay here again. A HUGE "thanks" to Stephanie, Nicole, Vanessa, and all of the staff; you all are awesome.

Room Tip: They have some smoking rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Erin - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our property was comfortable for you and your husband. We wish you and your husband all the best and cannot wait to see you again, hopefully under better circumstances.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
Mancos, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and the whole 7 days I was there was a treat!! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The Staff were always asking if there was anything they could do for me and asked if everything was going ok with my stay and if I was happy with my room :)
The Staff seemed to go over and above to make sure that my stay was comfortable and pleasant!
The manager was also very friendly and made sure my stay with them was pleasant :)
They were so awesome!! I hope to stay there again if I have the chance!
Teresa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Teresa - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our property was comfortable for you. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel for 7-days and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks great. Once through the front door it is a different picture. The carpets are visibly worn, the smell is unpleasant, and the staff seemed uninterested. Once checked in and into our room we found the bedding to be either not cleaned or stained. The bathroom had mold on the walls in the tub area. We immediately took our things, demanded a refund, and found another hotel to stay in across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room and the hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that each and every room gets a deep cleaning and the carpet gets a professional cleaning as well.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sls@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Horrible mold odor in room, dogs keeping us awake all night(s) in the room above, and fridge never got cold spoiling our food. :( We were downgraded into a room with smaller bed and the price was not even offered an adjustment. The stairway's had a bad odor and the were people outside behind the the hotel blasting their music and drinking beer and being noisy as if they were at a party and had no regards for the hotel patrons. Perhaps this was an isolated incident but it left a bad taste in our mouths and we would not recommend coming here to our friends or family. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and tried to do their best,

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so others above do not disturb you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Sam - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that there was an issue with your original room and the second was a bit smaller. As well, that you were disturbed by other guests in the new room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am speaking with our maintenance staff about making repairs to your original room and reviewing with the entire staff different ways to ensure these types of situations are not repeated.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy? Share your experiences!