“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Mancos, Colorado, United States
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and the whole 7 days I was there was a treat!! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The Staff were always asking if there was anything they could do for me and asked if everything was going ok with my stay and if I was happy with my room :)
The Staff seemed to go over and above to make sure that my stay was comfortable and pleasant!
The manager was also very friendly and made sure my stay with them was pleasant :)
They were so awesome!! I hope to stay there again if I have the chance!
Teresa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Teresa - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our property was comfortable for you. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel for 7-days and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks great. Once through the front door it is a different picture. The carpets are visibly worn, the smell is unpleasant, and the staff seemed uninterested. Once checked in and into our room we found the bedding to be either not cleaned or stained. The bathroom had mold on the walls in the tub area. We immediately took our things, demanded a refund, and found another hotel to stay in across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room and the hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that each and every room gets a deep cleaning and the carpet gets a professional cleaning as well.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sls@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Horrible mold odor in room, dogs keeping us awake all night(s) in the room above, and fridge never got cold spoiling our food. :( We were downgraded into a room with smaller bed and the price was not even offered an adjustment. The stairway's had a bad odor and the were people outside behind the the hotel blasting their music and drinking beer and being noisy as if they were at a party and had no regards for the hotel patrons. Perhaps this was an isolated incident but it left a bad taste in our mouths and we would not recommend coming here to our friends or family. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and tried to do their best,

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so others above do not disturb you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Sam - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that there was an issue with your original room and the second was a bit smaller. As well, that you were disturbed by other guests in the new room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am speaking with our maintenance staff about making repairs to your original room and reviewing with the entire staff different ways to ensure these types of situations are not repeated.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff was very helpful and responsive to our needs. The facility is well equipped for an extended stay. Only issue was a faulty phone/phone line that seemed to be quite a challenge to rectify (but the staff went to great efforts to correct the problem). Very limited television channel selections for an extended stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Lisa - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was helpful and courteous during your stay. We all take guests feedback very seriously, so when we receive comments like yours, it truly makes us smile.

Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently were at the Extended Stay America/Sandy UT for business. What a delightful experience: staff very friendly and attentive to our requests, room ample in size, clean, location super for dining, shopping, coffee shops, groceries, easy expressway access. We also travel with our dogs...what a relief to have a location that offered great "long dog walk" areas. Would highly recommend this particular Extended Stay America location. Others we have stayed in have been good, but this one raised the bar!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your dogs were comfortable while staying with us. We loved having the opportunity to see all of the talented dogs that were here for the dog show!

Harrah, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel before my stay, which almost stopped me from booking it. However based on the rate I received, I decided to take my chances. It is definitely in need of some upgrades, such as the elevator and the curtains in some of the rooms. But it is clean, and well maintained. The kitchen offers a few cooking items, which is sufficient, if you are creative enough. It also offers 2 of each eating item, such as plates, cups, etc. Since it is an extended stay, house keeping only comes once a week, you may need to ask the front desk to replenish certain items, such as T.P.

Don't expect a 3 or 4 star experience, you get what you pay for. This hotel offers just the basics, which is why it only has 2 stars. So, if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel, in a safe location, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Annette - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that you found the elevator and curtains in need of upgrading; however, I am very happy to read that you found our hotel and your room to be clean . As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen .

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sls@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Riverton, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I do have to agree with some of the previous comments about the hotel being slightly outdated, HOWEVER, what is not mentioned are the things that more than make up for it. I stay in hotels on an average of 10-20 nights per month. I have stayed with many different hotels, with many different chains, with many different upgrades and/or amenities. I won't claim to be an expert but do feel I know a little about staying in hotels. I stayed in this hotel a while back & was definitely not impressed with that first stay. The hotel was not only in need of some TLC but the people and staff were just "ok" & appeared to be there for nothing more than a paycheck. A few months after that was my second stay. NIGHT & DAY DIFFERENCE!! They had brought in new management & it was apparent, not only in the staff but also in the effort to improve the hotel's appearance & atmosphere. I had an opportunity to interact with every staff member (including housekeeping) at least once during my stay & the customer service of each one of them was more than any 5 star rating (which if you ask me, is worth more than a couple upgrades or amenities). Because the staff does take so much pride in their jobs & make the guests' (& their pets' should they be staying as well) comfort their main priority (short term & long term), I'm positive the company will make sure the updating of the hotel and the additional (& needed) staff will not be too far down the road. I would (& constantly do) recommend this hotel to everyone, it's definitely worth it (at least to me) & has become my home away from home. So to Stephanie (manager), Nicole, Lecia, Mandi & Josh (both of whom I miss greatly), Emily, Adriana, Che're, Tina, Kay, Erica, Raul & Arnold: thanks for always going above & beyond & doing so with a smile...not because it's your job & so feel required or obligated to, but because you want to and enjoy doing it. Bubba & I won't stay anywhere else because of it.

Room Tip: Suites at the end have two windows; Rooms on the southwest are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff has taken such great care of you during your stays with us. Myself, Nicole, Lecia, Mandi, Josh, Emily, Adriana, Che're, Tina, Kay and Erica truly enjoyed having you visit with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy? Share your experiences!