“Finally found 'the one'” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay and Ski Free
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Meridian, Idaho
“Finally found 'the one'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My BFF and I make semi annual visits to SLC to do some shopping. I booked this hotel on one of the bidding websites, and boy, did I get lucky. This place was great. Awesome coffee in the lobby 24/7-with REAL flavored creamer, not the nasty powdered stuff. Very friendly reception staff that let us check in at 11am. The room was modern, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There was a mini fridge and coffee pot as well.
Unfortunately, we slept through breakfast, so can't comment on that.
The location is great-right off the freeway and across the street from a mall with a HUGE Forever 21 store-its 2 stories and not crowded (at least on Sundays). There are also restaurants very nearby. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spending a week in the Salt Lake area visiting family and friends and re-acquainting ourselves with locations where we went to high school over 30 years ago requires a comfortable base of operations. My sweetheart requires a lot of rest between our forays into the heat and bumpy car rides. It's so nice to know that we can go out and come back a couple of hours later and find our room already remade and ready.

The free breakfasts are always up to snuff with plenty of variety and freshness.

Ranging from north of Salt Lake to the Utah valley and from Heber to Tooele, we were located out of the majority of the hustle and bustle but close enough to the freeway to be on our way within literally a minute of the hotel.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms early and you can get on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Friant, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Staff is friendly, location is great. Near a nice mall, Starbucks and a lot of restaurants. About a 45 minute drive from SLC airport. Free breakfast and very comfy rooms. Great for business and for families.

• Stayed August 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A friend and I stayed here last weekend and had a fantastic time. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, quiet and super comfortable, and there was ample free parking and a nice breakfast buffet. The front desk found out we were running a race the next morning and left us a couple bottled waters, snacks, and a hand written note wishing us good luck! There's a bunch of restaurants within walking distance and it's convenient to the highway. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Heber City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The staff here is amazing!!! I mentioned that I was staying to compete in my first triathlon the next morning. They made up a special breakfast bag for me to take early on the go, and even had a "congratulations" gift and card for me at checkout! Every staff member I encountered greeted me with a, "Good luck!" Most amazing, friendly hotel stay I have EVER had. Definitely recommend! They go all out to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevators & ice machines. We got a room at the end of the hall wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was the first time we had stayed at a Hampton Inn. We were attending a nephew's wedding and we wanted to try this hotel. The hotel was very nice and the handicapped accessible room was large and the shower in the bathroom was spacious. The only negative was about the shower, the water got all over the bathroom floor, due to the spray from the shower. The first morning after we had arrived, the shower barely had any pressure and it dripped like crazy. We notified the front desk and they were most kind and replaced the showerhead. It worked a little too well! We had to use every towel in the bathroom to clean up the mess. The maids were wonderful! We explained what had happened in the bathroom and they were most forgiving about the issue. My husband and I have mobility issues, so we had to handle the water situation very carefully, so we wouldn't slip and get hurt. The front desk staff person was very friendly, even when we arrived at 1:30am! I do wish they had employees to assist with the large brass luggage racks; we put our luggage on the rack and it was extremely heavy. I'm a strong woman, but it was a lot to haul down the hallway to our room. The brass racks were heavy even without the luggage on them.

The hot breakfast each morning was awesome! The staff was very helpful too. We were spoiled for the 5 days we stayed here. The room was beautiful and the bed was wonderful; wish I could have taken it home with me. The TV had a few channels, but nothing to write home about. A program guide within the TV would have been nice, being in a different town. It was hard to decipher what was on, although some shows were familiar. We're used to our Dish Network at home...this was Direct TV, I think. Room was very quiet, although were close to a back door, and could hear the rolling luggage constantly, except at night. Having access to use my laptop was a plus; I did bring my own 4G connection device and it worked fine, so I was able to get a little work done while I was at the hotel, so I can't say how the Wi-Fi connection was that the hotel provided. We had other family members staying at this hotel, so it was nice to connect with them in the mornings for breakfast. Sandy is a beautiful area with lots to see!

Overall, this was a nice place to stay and I would come again and will also try out some of the other Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: This is the only ADA room that I know of at this hotel, but it is close to an elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This Hotel is right by the Jordan Mall and most of the ladies would love the availability to go shop while the Husband attended business meetings, etc. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was okay and the breakfast was very nice. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Great people! I wish I had the time to have enjoyed the hot tub or pool, to many other distractions like work.

Room Tip: The rooms seem to be well insulated and was very quiet. Easy for internet use also.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!