“Comfort Inn - Holiday Inn ??” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
“Comfort Inn - Holiday Inn ??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I accidentally booked a room at the Ramada Inn in Draper and thought I was booking at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy. First I went to the Comfort Inn thinking that they had recently changed the name. This was true, howevvvvveerrr.. the desk clerk there said he couldn't help me and sent me to the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy, UT instead. Mind you this was just one big mistake on my part. I thought I had booked with Holiday Inn but had actually booked with Ramada. GET IT~~ I didn't. The clerk at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy, UT at 3am bent over backwards to make sure I had accommodations even though he didn't have to. The room was over $100 and pets were $10, but the room was PRIMO. It had two, I said TWO big screen TV's one in the desk area where guests can sit and another in the bed area where you sleep and the great air conditioning was.

There were telephones, clocks, 2 TV's, one huge bed and a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, etc... There was a gym and pool and free breakfast. I think there was a gym...duh. Don't use one much .. ahem.

Excellent service, although I didn't need much of anything. My girlfriend and I went to Lagoon that day and my pet was allowed (Kimmie is a well behaved border collie *purebred*) to stay in the room all day with no questions asked.

The booking fiasco was my fault, but there were a few things that didn't add up. The sign on the door said the room rate was $500 per day. I know that was wrong at least it better have been.. smile. Too soon to know yet until I go through my bank statement online to find out.. ha

Beautiful place to stay in Sandy with easy access and close to many, many banks, fast foods, Pier One Imports, Wal Mart up the street a few blocks. Nice.

Wish they would lower the price a little. Fat chance huh?

t

Room Tip: The Marriott is really close, and within walking distance. Car dealerships abound around there. Good...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Sandy! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you felt our staff and amenities were accommodating to each way you see fit. It's our number one goal to ensure each of our guest's stays are as productive and pleasurable as possible, and I'm glad to hear we hit the mark. Your friends at Holiday Inn Express Sandy look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
san diego, ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here one night, on our way to Yellowstone Park. We would definitely stay here again. This is a good hotel to stop at if you want to avoid staying right in the middle of Salt Lake City. It was easy to find (right off the 15, in Sandy), very very clean, hot water excellent, a microwave and fridge in the room. They also offer you free internet access with pc's down in the lobby. There were 2 TV's in the room, one in the standard area just across from the bed and then another one in a seperate sitting area. This was a very quiet hotel and we got a good nights sleep. They do give a senior discount and the price for the two of us was 99.00--you got a lot of room for this amount. There are many restaurants to choose from, all within walking distance or just a very short drive. Interstate access is very close by. No chance of getting lost. Loved our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind words and description of our location and local eateries. I was delighted to see that you thought our staff was friendly and that you were comfortable in our newly renovated rooms. I appreciate you noticing that our rooms have microwaves, fridges and two TV's in them, which is better than the average Holiday Inn Express. We take great pride in giving as many varieties as we can. We look forward to you visiting us soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A bad experience at a different hotel caused us to stay here. The entire stay was first class and the customer service my family and I received from Evander was outstanding! I work in the customer service industry and can speak with experience both as a customer and a manager that Evander is a great asset to your hotel locally and your entire brand. The room was spotless and the breakfast hit the spot. Because of Evander and the overall experience we received you have made us loyal customers. We had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before and we were on a week long vacation driving across 5 different states. After this experience we chose the Holiday Inn Express for the next 3 stops. I would recommend staying in this location when in the Salt Lake area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all feedback. I am very proud of our Front Desk, Breakfast and Housekeeping staff and their outstanding service. Thank you for taking the time to notice their efforts. Our hotel has many amenities which I'm glad you were able to enjoy, it is one thing that we believe sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was visiting my son in Salt Lake City and drove past the Holiday Inn Express on Memorial Day Weekend. I stopped without reservation got a room and did not expect anything fancy since we were only going to spend the night, to my surprise we got a beautiful room with lots of amenities a really nice big bed, slept so good, highly recommend this facility, thank you Holiday Inn for the suite you provided for us.

Room Tip: Did not use the restaurant or room service, the room was overlooking the mountains
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy as you were visiting your son this past Memorial Day weekend. I love that you noticed our new comfortable beds. We just put new Sealy mattress and new bedding in all our rooms this past January. In doing so, it was our hopes that it would give you, our guests a more deep and relaxing sleep. I hope that when you come to visit your son in the future that you decide to stay with us, the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.

Cindy Cowley
DOS
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The location is great, walking distance to mall and eating places!!! The suite was very spacious and very clean!! Two Tv's, and fridge too!!! The lady at the front counter was very nice and very helpful with questions about hotel and shuttle.. I'm gonna be a repeat customer at this location!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It gives me great pleasure to read your comment here on TripAdvisor about how liked our beautiful hotel, our fantastic location and wonderful staff. We strive to make our guests stay perfect everytime they are here with us in Sandy. At the end of January we finished a full renovation of our all suite hotel which included the 2 new 42" flat screen TV's in the executive suites that you commented on. I am so glad that you enjoyed them. When you are back in the South Salt Lake/Sandy area please let us know so that we can make sure we accommadated all your needs. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks so much for being a valued guest of the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy.

Yours Truly,
Cindy Cowley
DOS
Washington UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been staying at this location twice a year for 8 years and never have had a negative experience. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast the best over the 1800 miles we travel on this trip. I would recommend this stop to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: I have been on all floors and have been happy on all of them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you were able to experience our excellent customer service, comfortable rooms, and wonderful breakfast the past 8 years. We look forward to your next visit.
Chubbuck, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I came with my daughter and son-in-law to your hotel on Saturday afternoon, May 11, 2013 and we were greeted by a wonderful young man at the front desk named Evander, who helped us with an issue (from the group thru which we booked and not due to any fault of his) and he was very congenial and bent over backward to help resolve the problem. He later helped us find a good restaurant in the area (which turned out to be wonderful). He was as nice a front desk clerk as a traveler could hope to meet. The next morning, we were likewise impressed with a friendly young lady named Meggan, who was a total delight. She took extra time to help obtain some information for us. Both young people represented your company very well. When it comes time to consider raises, those two employees would be very worthy. I am 68 yrs. old and have observed poor work ethic among many in the younger generation. Not those two young people! They were wonderful and conscientious. We would have no problem using your hotel again, not only for friendly service, but also because we enjoyed our nice clean and comfortable room. The breakfast bar was not outstanding, but it was sufficient. However, the coffee was some of the best I have ever had in a hotel. Thanks! Jeanette Q.

Room Tip: don't have any tips relevant to room locations
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you choose Holiday Inn Express for you to stay at in Sandy. We agree that we have a very nice hotel and excellent staff, and we are glad you were able to experience both while staying with us recently. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sandy. Thank you for posting!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy? Share your experiences!