I accidentally booked a room at the Ramada Inn in Draper and thought I was booking at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy. First I went to the Comfort Inn thinking that they had recently changed the name. This was true, howevvvvveerrr.. the desk clerk there said he couldn't help me and sent me to the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy, UT instead. Mind you this was just one big mistake on my part. I thought I had booked with Holiday Inn but had actually booked with Ramada. GET IT~~ I didn't. The clerk at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy, UT at 3am bent over backwards to make sure I had accommodations even though he didn't have to. The room was over $100 and pets were $10, but the room was PRIMO. It had two, I said TWO big screen TV's one in the desk area where guests can sit and another in the bed area where you sleep and the great air conditioning was.
There were telephones, clocks, 2 TV's, one huge bed and a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, etc... There was a gym and pool and free breakfast. I think there was a gym...duh. Don't use one much .. ahem.
Excellent service, although I didn't need much of anything. My girlfriend and I went to Lagoon that day and my pet was allowed (Kimmie is a well behaved border collie *purebred*) to stay in the room all day with no questions asked.
The booking fiasco was my fault, but there were a few things that didn't add up. The sign on the door said the room rate was $500 per day. I know that was wrong at least it better have been.. smile. Too soon to know yet until I go through my bank statement online to find out.. ha
Beautiful place to stay in Sandy with easy access and close to many, many banks, fast foods, Pier One Imports, Wal Mart up the street a few blocks. Nice.
Wish they would lower the price a little. Fat chance huh?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Sandy, Utah. We are pleased to inform you that we finished the renovations of our lobby, hallways, pool area, fitness center, breakfast room and guest rooms in January 2013. We are conveniently located just 18 minutes south of the Salt Lake International Airport at exit 293 off I-15. This Sandy hotel will help maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub. Catch up on work in our business center. Our hotel is walking distance from numerous restaurants and the South Towne Mall, Utah’s largest shopping destination. Here for a convention? South Towne Expo Center is just one mile away, right next to Jordan Commons, which features more restaurants and a Mega-plex Theater. Sandy is also the home of the Rio Tinto Stadium and the REAL Salt Lake Soccer Team. Going downtown to Salt Lake City? It’s only 15 minutes away. Why fight traffic? Take Trax to the Salt Palace Convention Center, historic Temple Square, the Family History Library and Energy Solutions Center. We are also the only county that has 4 LDS Temples in the area, Salt Lake Temple, Jordan River Temple, Draper Temple and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Want to ski Utah? We offer the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass, good to ski at Alta, Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resorts, the greatest snow on earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Sandy
- Holiday Inn Express Sandy
- Holiday Inn Sandy
- Sandy Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy Utah