“What a very nice/clean/stylish room, I stayed in!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Meridian, Idaho
“What a very nice/clean/stylish room, I stayed in!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The location is great, walking distance to mall and eating places!!! The suite was very spacious and very clean!! Two Tv's, and fridge too!!! The lady at the front counter was very nice and very helpful with questions about hotel and shuttle.. I'm gonna be a repeat customer at this location!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
It gives me great pleasure to read your comment here on TripAdvisor about how liked our beautiful hotel, our fantastic location and wonderful staff. We strive to make our guests stay perfect everytime they are here with us in Sandy. At the end of January we finished a full renovation of our all suite hotel which included the 2 new 42" flat screen TV's in the executive suites that you commented on. I am so glad that you enjoyed them. When you are back in the South Salt Lake/Sandy area please let us know so that we can make sure we accommadated all your needs. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks so much for being a valued guest of the Holiday Inn Express in Sandy.

Yours Truly,
DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been staying at this location twice a year for 8 years and never have had a negative experience. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast the best over the 1800 miles we travel on this trip. I would recommend this stop to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: I have been on all floors and have been happy on all of them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you were able to experience our excellent customer service, comfortable rooms, and wonderful breakfast the past 8 years. We look forward to your next visit.
Chubbuck, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I came with my daughter and son-in-law to your hotel on Saturday afternoon, May 11, 2013 and we were greeted by a wonderful young man at the front desk named Evander, who helped us with an issue (from the group thru which we booked and not due to any fault of his) and he was very congenial and bent over backward to help resolve the problem. He later helped us find a good restaurant in the area (which turned out to be wonderful). He was as nice a front desk clerk as a traveler could hope to meet. The next morning, we were likewise impressed with a friendly young lady named Meggan, who was a total delight. She took extra time to help obtain some information for us. Both young people represented your company very well. When it comes time to consider raises, those two employees would be very worthy. I am 68 yrs. old and have observed poor work ethic among many in the younger generation. Not those two young people! They were wonderful and conscientious. We would have no problem using your hotel again, not only for friendly service, but also because we enjoyed our nice clean and comfortable room. The breakfast bar was not outstanding, but it was sufficient. However, the coffee was some of the best I have ever had in a hotel. Thanks! Jeanette Q.

Room Tip: don't have any tips relevant to room locations
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you choose Holiday Inn Express for you to stay at in Sandy. We agree that we have a very nice hotel and excellent staff, and we are glad you were able to experience both while staying with us recently. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sandy. Thank you for posting!
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a great 4 day stay at this hotel. The King room had a small kitchen counter, sitting area and good bed. It was in a good location for us. The free breakfast was quite good for what they typically are at hotels. A bit noisy with the ball team running the hall, however, not for a long time. Generally was quiet. Good value for the price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. Come back soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a nice suprise after a horrible trip to Las Vegas (hotel was dirty, staff rude, and bugs). My wife and I left Vegas a day early on our way back to Colorado and decided to make a trip thru SLC as we really enjoy it there. Everything from the check in to the room, to the breakfast- just can't say enough how great this experience was for the $$. You simply wont get more for less and you will leave wanting to return soon!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
It makes us all happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and appreciate it when our guests tell others of their experience. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor and we'll see you the next time you come to Sandy.
Thanks so much,
Nampa, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

1st off I am a Priority Club Member and I was not referred as one and I was not even offered a single thing for being a member. Why have it if your not going to do anything about it. 2nd on the Last day we were there my buddy and I went down for breakfast with 15 mins left and there was nothing to eat! I wanted biscuits and gravy and he wanted Eggs and Bacon. There was none of that there. The Breakfast was empty! I asked the BBAR lady if there is any way we could get some gravy and biscuits and she looked at me with a annoyed look and she said No! because if I make more it will be a waist! There was still several people coming down for breakfast. I was so disappointed. My friends normal stays at a different hotel brands and I told them that they would not be disappointed with Holiday Inn Express. Boy was I wrong!! There was still plenty of time to make some food and make your guest happy! Instead we had to settle for a bagel and go get something else at a mcdonalds! I was just disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express and next time I am in town I am considering about staying somewhere else! WHAT A LET DOWN!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to respond to us about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not recognized as a Priority Club member. Perhaps we didn’t have your PC number at the time of check-in. Even though it is not standard for Holiday Inn Express hotels, we give all our Priority Club members bottled water and a treat as a thank you for being a member. We really do value our members and I do apologize that you were not recognized as one. As for our Breakfast, it runs from 6:30-9:30 A.M. and should be fully stocked with all items at all times. I will look into this matter to make sure that we are abiding by the proper policies and procedures. I deeply apologize that your stay wasn’t acceptable. When you return please contact me and I'll try to see if an upgrade is possible. We value your feedback and cannot deliver excellent customer service without it!
Thanks so much,
Carmel Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I used this as a meeting ground for my family who were traveling from all areas. It was the perfect location not to mention the excellent service. From the moment I arrived till the moment I left, everything was excellent. Great Rooms, Large Screen TV, very quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was more than adequately stocked. We were able to use their cozy great room for the family to use as a visiting place and the staff made us feel welcomed. Regarding the staff...I've travelled all over the world, and I can honestly say, I have not met a friendlier, professional and considerate hotel staff. Since we stayed in the hotel alot, the staff became a large part of our family meetings and by the time we left, we felt as though we were leaving family. I would recommend this hotel and give it a 10+ due to it's location, amenities and a wonderful gracious staff. Have fun! And Thank You to Andrew...he's a top notch professional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cindy C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your incredibly kind comments about us. I'm so glad we were able to exceed the expectations of your room accommodations. We have a wonderful crew of people who simply have a common goal amongst them: 'Be the Very Best.' I'm glad to hear our service had such a positive impact upon you. It was our pleasure! We look forward to having you back again soon.
Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy? Share your experiences!