“Excellent, very friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West 10000 South, Sandy, UT 84070   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Sandy
“Excellent, very friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is near all the major attractions and has breathtaking views of the mountains. The police department is directly across the street, so it felt very safe! The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful and friendly! I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back in the area.

• Stayed August 2013

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Snoqualmie, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here to watch the Seattle Sounders game when they played RSL. Was a great decision. The hotel was very nice and there is a free stadium shuttle before the game just outside the hotel. Service was good. Came with a free breakfast. This is why I stay at Marriotts. If I go to SLC, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle to Rio Tinto stadium. Just outside the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sherwood, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The rooms are average, seem to have experienced a lot of wear and tear. Some carpet pulling away from corners and our room had doors that didn't close all the way and the cabinets were in poor shape. The food is average....and we have to wonder if anyone can come in off the street and eat breakfast here........which seemed to take place during our lengthy stay. At the nightly reception, we watched a few couples take a few more beers from the tub than needed. Should be monitored a bit more closely. The laundry rooms on the 2nd floor were not very clean and the trashcans around the hotel could use a little more frequent emptying.
Overall, the facility hits the average mark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really enjoyed our recent stay at the Residence Inn in Sandy/Salt Lake. The layout of the room is great and it is wonderful to have a full kitchen. I also found the decor tasteful and restful. I have two minor negatives. 1) P the sheets don't seem to fit the beds well, and the bottom sheet kept pulling off the corners. In fact, the bedding overall seemed a bit cheap for how nice the hotel is. 2) the breakfast is served on plastic plates. Real china and cutlery would be SO much nicer and more in keeping with how nice the hotel is overall. Great hotel though... We would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed 4 nights while visiting family in Salt Lake.

We had a one bedroom room. When we arrived the room was very clean, nice furniture, and smelled good. There was a barbaque area right outside our living room window. The bedroom was large with a very nice king size bed. The kitchen area was very clean with everything we needed and the furnisnings in the living room and the kitchen were very nice.

We had our son with us and he tried to sleep on the sofa bed but that mattress was really 2nd rate so he put it all back and just slept on the sofa and that was good for him.

The pool area was all indoor and it was clean with lots of chairs, tables and towels.

I was worried when we walked in because I am alergic to pets and this is a pet friendly hotel and we saw people that had their pets with them. There was no trace of pet hair in our room and I had no alergy symptoms while we stayed there. They did a fantastic job of cleaning up the pet hair and dander that make me sick.

The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us. I asked for a larger room because we had another son comming to spend the night with us. They were not able to move us to a larger room becuase they were all taken but they did try and kept in contact with me to let me know what was happening. I had booked a one bedroom so it was my fault, but they were really helpful and did what they could.

The breakfast was huge. They had so many choices that I'm sure everyone found something they loved about breakfast. On some of the week nights they also have finger food and drinks in the evening and that was good as well. They have a soda fountian that my sons loved that was open at breakfast and again in the evening.

My bill was as expected and for a room like this, with the service, breakfast and soda, this was a very reasonable price. There were no surprises

I will definately stay here again when we are in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Pick a room with windows towards the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was disappointed after arriving at this hotel and seeing what it really looked like vs. the pictures on line. The basketball court had some of the covering damaged and sticking up which concerend me when I saw small kids running around in there. Very easy to trip on and get hurt. The area with the BBQ and fire pit was dirty beyond belief. The granite on the BBQ was dirty and had grease all over it. I surely wouldn't BBQ there and there were cigarette butts all over the place. They were there when we arrived at 4pm and they were still there the next day at noon. Breakfast looked OK but eggs looked runny so all we ate were the donuts. We were put into a room on the first floor and found that one screen was damaged and the other was completely off the window which concerned me as we are not familiar with the area. When my husband went to make sure the window was locked in my son's room, the felt the carpet wet all along the wall, the baseboard was soaked as well as the drywall. Mark at the front desk was awesome and moved us to another 2 bedroom on the second floor. What concerned me is that he stated he thought the problem was fixed. By that statement, it appears that there has been an issue for sometime and there is probably mold that needs to be taken care of. I'm surprised it was not checked and double checked before putting anyone in that room. The next day I walked down there and the screen was on with the window open making me think they were just trying to dry it out. This is not the type of Marriott property I am used to seeing. Better bet is to book the Residence Inn in Salt Lake City (City Center).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor. The first floor has this smell that gave me a headache...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer G, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Your concerns have been heard as I personally read each TripAdvisor review and strive to use each one as an improvement tool for our hotel. Could you please give me a call so that we can discuss your recent experience? We hope that we can make this right so that we can earn your business again. Sincerely, Travis Lindquist (801-561-5005)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I always like the Residence Inn - my room has been the same everywhere I've visited. Decent breakfast, nice apartments, happy hours, and convenient to local restaurants and shopping. My room happened to be next to/under the stairwell which meant hearing everyone come and go. Next time I know to ask to be away from the stairwell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy? Share your experiences!