“Mixed feelings on this property” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Mission Viejo, California
“Mixed feelings on this property”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was disappointed after arriving at this hotel and seeing what it really looked like vs. the pictures on line. The basketball court had some of the covering damaged and sticking up which concerend me when I saw small kids running around in there. Very easy to trip on and get hurt. The area with the BBQ and fire pit was dirty beyond belief. The granite on the BBQ was dirty and had grease all over it. I surely wouldn't BBQ there and there were cigarette butts all over the place. They were there when we arrived at 4pm and they were still there the next day at noon. Breakfast looked OK but eggs looked runny so all we ate were the donuts. We were put into a room on the first floor and found that one screen was damaged and the other was completely off the window which concerned me as we are not familiar with the area. When my husband went to make sure the window was locked in my son's room, the felt the carpet wet all along the wall, the baseboard was soaked as well as the drywall. Mark at the front desk was awesome and moved us to another 2 bedroom on the second floor. What concerned me is that he stated he thought the problem was fixed. By that statement, it appears that there has been an issue for sometime and there is probably mold that needs to be taken care of. I'm surprised it was not checked and double checked before putting anyone in that room. The next day I walked down there and the screen was on with the window open making me think they were just trying to dry it out. This is not the type of Marriott property I am used to seeing. Better bet is to book the Residence Inn in Salt Lake City (City Center).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor. The first floor has this smell that gave me a headache...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer G, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Your concerns have been heard as I personally read each TripAdvisor review and strive to use each one as an improvement tool for our hotel. Could you please give me a call so that we can discuss your recent experience? We hope that we can make this right so that we can earn your business again. Sincerely, Travis Lindquist (801-561-5005)

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I always like the Residence Inn - my room has been the same everywhere I've visited. Decent breakfast, nice apartments, happy hours, and convenient to local restaurants and shopping. My room happened to be next to/under the stairwell which meant hearing everyone come and go. Next time I know to ask to be away from the stairwell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Say héroe to go to the USA vs Honduras game
Nice property great location
Staff is great, nice breakfast
The rooms are nice clean and spacious
You could walk to the stadium...we'll like a mile
Nearby place to park for 5 bucks to go to games

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Travelling for business, staying 3 nights. Customer service exceeded my expectations.
Sam at the front desk was the master multi tasked making sure that every guests needs were met.
The rooms were extremely clean and modern, with a great work space and a comfortable bed.
There were also a lot of families staying here, who seemed to be enjoying themselves with lots of activities on site.
Despite having lots of choices in the area, I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

First time staying here usually we stay at the Hyatt but wanted to save some money. The rooms are just as good. Loved my stay here good location a mall down the road and a mega plex blocks away! This whole area is a safe place to stay. Beds are soft service is excellent as Marriotts are known for. Full court basketball on property. Overall I was very happy with my one night leisure stay. We stop here on are travels to rest and shop and catch a movie and eat somewhere nice.

• Stayed May 2013
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed here for 5 nights. Had a very enjoyable stay. Suite was spacious and spotless. Breakfast buffet was very good. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Hotel location was very convenient. Some great restaurants close by. As recommended in a previous review - we did request a suite away from the highway. Our suite was very quiet with no road noise. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request the building away from I-15.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Accomodations were excellent; Staff went out of their way to make stay enjoyable; Breakfast was delicious; room rates were affordable; parking was very convenient; internet connections were really good

Room Tip: all rooms were acceptable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy? Share your experiences!