“Clean, safe hotel. Family-like staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Sandy
Anaheim, California
“Clean, safe hotel. Family-like staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The staff was so generous and caring of our families needs. We loved the pool hot tub and the hotel has two gyms. We even used free gym passes to the local Gold's Gym. The food and shopping within 3 miles is awesome. And the city was fun to navigate and play in! Can't wait to visit Sandy Residence Inn in the future! Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms are all large and spacious. Great way to feel like your home and maintain your lifestyle!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel with my son on a skiing holiday. I had booked a single room suite with the expectation than my son would use the sofa bed. My impressions of the hotel were immediately raised when I was offered a two bedroom suite.
The rooms are a good size, given they are part of a suite with a seperate living room/kitchen/diner they are even spacious. Each room had its own bathroom and wash basin. One of the rooms could be described as the master room being slightly larger and having a larger vanity area. The other room was still ample in size and had the desk and network connection. There is wireless connectivity in the room but the signal strenght was not strong. I had to use the network cable in the bedroom to gain a robust connection good enough for Skype.
The kitchen liked new and was equipped with sufficient kitchen paraphernalia to prepare a reasonable meal.
There are televisions in each room.
Overall the hotel is well presented with a generous breakfast buffet. The evening buffets are somewhat more limited and quantities were limited compared to other Residence Inn's I have stayed at.
My only criticism would be that I felt the swimming pool water and the Jacuzzi had not been properly filtered. Not badly so just slightly off clear.
Overall a fantastic stay. I will be returning next time I am in Salt lake for skiing. Access and convenience to ski areas and airport is excellent. 20 mins to either.

• Stayed February 2012
Whitewater, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We spent a Friday & Saturday night at the RI in early February. The room was exceptionally quiet, spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast was fine, except for some stale baked goods.

What surprised us was how many stores & restaurants are within a mile or so from the hotel. You can literally find anything you want. Dinner at McGrath's Fish House was outstanding!

In our opinion, Sandy is a much nicer area than downtown SLC, and we now have a great place to stay when we return, which we surely will.

Room Tip: Weekend nights are much more affordable than weekday. Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Elk Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn. It had everything that I and my party needed. We had two requirements when we looked for a place to stay. The requirements were a heated pool for the kids and a complimentary Breakfast. The pool was perfectly warm and indoors which was prefect for our winter stay. The breakfast was good with lots of choices. It also changed a little from day to day. It was nice to know that you didn't have to eat the same thing every day. But if you only wanted cereal hot or cold that was always available. Our rooms were very nice as well. We had a nice big king bed with a very nice mattress. It wasn't too firm or too soft. It was prefect for me as a nursing mom. Easy to do my night time feedings and safe for baby. The suite had nice sized flat screen TV's in the living area and in the bedroom. My husband really enjoyed the channels available. They had the Discovery, History and the Speed channel. The kitchen was beautiful and new. It had a full size stove and range. This was great for cooking big family meals. The dining area was also very accommodating. One night my family wanted to order out and needed a place large enough for us all to get together and eat. They let us pull many tables together and eat in the dining, breakfast area. They even opened the juice bar up so the kids could have some juice. I was very happy with my stay and would stay there again on my next visit to Utah.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and were very happy with our location.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Decent stay for 3 nights. Best part of the 3 days was the staff – every one of them was helpful, friendly & accommodating. We had a 1 bedroom king suite. Our 1st room was 121 and we asked to be moved as it backs up on the elevator & you could hear it (loudly) every time it moved. No problem with the change and the new room was clean & comfortable with a full kitchen, including an oven & dishwasher. Only funky thing about the room was the bathroom – it had double sinks but they were right off the bedroom without a door so if one of you wanted to sleep in you couldn’t without getting disturbed. The toilet and shower were behind a door. Parking was convenient & free, the location was close to multiple restaurants & shopping areas, and the mouth of the canyon for skiing was not too far away. There were free newspapers (SLC local papers, the WSJ, & USA Today). The free breakfast was the norm for a RI – waffles, pastries, cereals, and 4 hot dishes and the usual yogurts & fruits. No complaint it was plentiful & free with decent coffee. Swimming pool was warm and hot tub was hot. Nice stay & would recommend as long a you were looking for a typical Residence Inn experience

Room Tip: Skip any room with a 21 as they back up on a noisy elevator
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed here on for our ski trip to Utah. The price is great compared to 'on mountain' and the facilities around the hotel are great. There are plenty of restaurants close by, the Trax to get to SLC is not far away.
The room was fantastic. We were upgraded to a King Suite with 2 bedrooms, Kitchen and Living area. The room was very comfortable.
Free breakfast was good, though not overly 'healthy' eating.
The free internet was occasionally dropping out in the room, but was fine in the foyer area.
There is a free shuttle bus to the Trax, and to the Ski Bus. Also he will take you basically anywhere with in a 5mile radius of the hotel.
Coming from Australia we had ordered a heap of stuff from Amazon etc in advance. They kept it all for our arrival so we could bring it home.
We are travelling again to Utah soon and will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

Upon check in we were able to upgrade to a two-bedroom suite which was quite comfy. The room was exceptionally clean for a hotel that accepts pets. we brought our two dogs along for our week of skiing. staff was pleasant but pool/hottub was closed due to high clorine levels. that wasn't fun. the free nightly food is a plus and the free breakfast wasn't horrible either (not great but not horrible) I'd stay there again if I brought my dogs.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy? Share your experiences!