“Not Where I Thought....but” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Tustin, Michigan
“Not Where I Thought....but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Honestly, I never intended to stay here. I had initially thought I was booking a room in Bluff, Utah but apparently Orbitz thought Bluff Street in Saint George was close enough. We decided to make the best of it and made the extra 2 hour drive West - we were in no hurry to get home.

We arrived about an hour after dark and although the desk clerk was hard to understand (it sounded as if she was wearing a brand new retainer???) she was friendly and quickly got us to our second floor room. The room was spacious and clean. The outside facing doors are always a concern, but these doors and locks seem very new and secure.

The king bed was wonderful and the pillows were plenteous, just like we want! The shower sprays hot and full (not sharp or drizzly) and was refreshing. Not a ton of room in the shower/tub and the floor under it apparently has no support because it feels as if you are going to fall through at any second and creeks whenever you move. There was a nice tall mini fridge and microwave in the room and tons of channels on the HD TV.

There is an outdoor pool and a pretty sitting area with a waterfall next to it, but we never used either. The breakfast area was spacious with plenty to choose from for food. The scrambled eggs tasted fake, but they also have the typical fruit, waffles, cereal, yogurt, pastries etc... The wifi signal is great and enabled us to plan for the next leg of our journey with any of our devices.

Great place to stay for such a simple price!

Room Tip: Hint : it sits right on a busy road so try not to get a room really close to the lobby
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate for your time to wrote review. We honors for your sharply observation every things in detail. Once again thank you for stay with us.
Have a great time.
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Redlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've been to a lot of hotels in my life but this one... this has got to be the friendliesdecidedmost accommodating of all.

I stayed one night and experienced great customer service. On my travels back through, I decided that on my way back through, I would contact this location to stay another night. The man I spoke with on the phone accommodated me with such ease.

Great job everyone! :-)

• Stayed June 2014
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Values Guest,

PK
GRM
Riverton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Good and bad. Lets start with the bad:

Bugs in room (they always seem bigger in a hotel room)
Old and dated
Ceilings are paper thin
AC is too loud when running

The Good:
Breakfast was quite good (eggs, bacon, cereal, yougurt)
Location is great on bluff Street, everything near by
Strong Internet.

So, for $60 or less this is a good deal. Otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
Mike, Value Guest
Thank you time and review. We apology for fly bug in you room. We called bug spray agency and he treat well. It now nice. We always keep reasonable rate.
Have a nice day
Homer, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed one night and found this hotel to be very friendly and comfortable. They serve a pretty extensive breakfast that includes pancakes, eggs and bacon as well as cereal and breads. The bed was comfortable and the room clean and spacious. We would stay again!

Room Tip: We always choose an upper level floor for quietness- not so many people walking to breakfast or comi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

GRM
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We would stay again.
Lobby nicely appointed w/ large fireplace and large comfortable sofas.
Like that it has fridge and microwave.
Queen size bed was attractive and we found it a comfortable size for the 2 of us.
Bathroom clean and shower worked well; ceramic tile floors.
Computer in lobby wasn't working; in room Wi-Fi very weak - had to use from the lobby (closer to the router).
Breakfast included scrambled eggs (our favorite), waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, toast, English muffins, small breakfast muffins. Employees kept supplies updated.
Stayed 2 nights.
Flat screen TV but very limited selection of channels - disappointing.
Slept well and would stay there again if in town.
Restaurants nearby met our needs (a Mexican restaurant across the street was pretty good; we love the Cracker Barrel for it's portions (not meant for the obese) and its prices; drove to Wal Mart to get items we needed; there is a COSTCO but we didn't go there; found reasonably priced gas on road toward Snow Canyon park (a lovely short ride with red rock formations - while just driving around to see the southern section of St. George).
Didn't realize the time change from Las Vegas was 1 hour difference.
Easy drive from St. George to get to Zion Nat'l Park.
Next time would find lodging the second night closer to Bryce Nat'l Park (instead of returning to St. George-didn't get to see Bryce this trip) so could have gone there too.
If doing it over, would spend night in St. George, visit Zion, mid-afternoon would continue to Bryce and see Bryce the next day, return to St. George from Bryce to spend the night then drive to Las Vegas the next day to catch flight home).

Room Tip: We stayed in room #106 right next to the swimming pool and hot tub on the first floor. Easy access...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Guest
We appreciate your time and feedback.
Santaquin, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon arrival our room looked nice and clean. We checked it over for bugs before we did anything else. We checked the bed, head board, dressers, night stand etc. We thought all was well. We stayed two nights and the first night we slept well. On the second night the bed was so hard that I couldn't sleep. So I started to pick up our room and once I tired out I went to the recliner in the room and tried to get comfy there and slept. Nothing seemed astray until later while checking out I started to get a sharp pain behind my ear. I had been bit three times. My husband and I were trying to figure out why I was the only one affected... and it was because I was the only one to sleep on that chair at night. So we have narrowed it down to four conclusions...It could of simply been a spider. Or a mosquito since we saw one in the room earlier. Could of been a cockroach bite. I read that they can bite humans if there is a big infestation. After reading reviews, there are 2 reviews of seeing them. Or SCARILY enough it might of been a bed bug eek!! It hurts sooooo bad!

Now onto the pros and cons of this place besides the bite! I will start with the good.
PROS:
nice sink
smells clean
nice decoration in room
okay breakfast
nice location

CONS:
paper thin walls! (you can hear EVERYTHING around you. The person next door showering, flushing, watching tv and you can hear everyone in the pool.)
The carpet feels sticky and full of dirt. Your feet kind of stick to it and it will turn them black.
Our sheets were not clean. and they didn't fully change our bed on the second day. (we know because there was a rust stain on the sheet.)
Not only does the pool look dirty by lots of things floating around, but you can feel the dirt under your feet.
The remote was sticky
horrible water pressure
Some sort of bug bit me
breakfast was mediocre (the bananas were old, the waffles overcooked..)
The staff is not friendly in the slightest(they walk past you like you weren't even there. They acted very annoyed.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on a lower level that doesn't face the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Valued Guest.
We apologize for it. but if you feel any thing just inform us so we right way check it and we can Inform concern agency for necessary treatment. But even all Recliner chair room we treat at present with your opinion. We also treated all hotels with bug agency.
have a nice day
Yours Sincerely
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. It is located right off of I-15 and was easy to find. The room was large and very clean. The hot tub was great after a long day's drive. There was a nice selection of items for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Travellady724,

435-628-4481

Been to Quality Inn South Bluff? Share your experiences!