“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Los Angeles, California
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Was charged $175 for 5 hours of sleep. Checked in at 3:00am after driving all night on our way across country. Stopped here because it was advertised as cheap ($60) and pet friendly (we have a very small dog). Woke up at 7:30am to get started on the road again and was told we were being charged $175 due to the fact we checked in to a room that was not dog friendly (nobody told us at check in that there were only 3 rooms that allowed dogs). After explaining to the front desk we had checked in during the early morning and stayed for 5 hours I asked to speak with the manager, one was not available. The front desk agent finally called a manager (Henry), but I guess he told her nothing could be done. Sonia was the "manager on duty" yet she was nowhere to be found. There are so many other hotels in the area, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I've stayed in many hotels over the years, and I can honestly say I've never felt so ripped off in my life.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, October 6, 2013

435-628-4481

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel in April 2005. We enjoyed the hotel, but we were very disappointed to find that the local college kids were given permission to use the pool. The pool area was overrun by young people during that stay, and when we complained to the front desk, we were told that they "had permission". Assuming that this was a one-time problem, we decided to stay there again this past week. My daughter and I were very disappointed to go out to the pool one day and find about 20 college kids who had taken over the place! They were using all the lounge chairs and had filled the hot tub. They had propped the gate open and were using the ice machine as their personal refreshment station. One of them had stuck a key in the machine and left it there so they could all get ice whenever they wanted it. We decided to not go swimming that day, or any other day of our stay, because we didn't feel that we should have to share the pool with a bunch of rowdy students who weren't even hotel guests. By late afternoon, the students had all cleared out, but we had other plans for the evening and couldn't use the pool. We won't be staying at this hotel again, even though other features were nice. St. George has many hotels in this price range, so there's no reason we should stay at a hotel where we can't use the pool, especially since we endured 100+ degree temperatures each day of our stay.

We had one other problem during our stay. Our toilet broke, and someone came in to fix it while we were out for the evening, which was fine. When we arrived back at the hotel around midnight, our keys didn't work. We went to the front desk to get the keys re-programed. The man at the front desk fixed our keys for us without even checking our ID! I was shocked. It bothered me to realize that anyone could walk in there with a Quality Inn key card, say a room number, and walk out a minute later with a key to that room. We used all the locks that night, as we always do, and were happy to leave the next day. We just didn't feel at all safe once we realized their relaxed attitude about security.

The beds are very firm. Great if you like that, but too hard for us. The air conditioning was wonderful. We loved having a refrigerator and microwave in our room. So, it wasn't all bad!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The price was good at 61.00, however the amenities need some work. The pool and hot tub need a renovation, the hot tub was not as hot as most, the pool was too cold for swimming. The cable T.V was nice, however the phone in our room rang at 12 at night, at 2 a.m, and again at 2:30 am. there wasn't anyone on the phone, it was just static. So I had to end up unplugging the phone, so there would be no more disruptions. The beds were terrific, had nice plush pillows and nice down comforters. Would probably not stay here again, there are too many options in St. George to stay at such a sub par hotel. The complimentary breakfast sucked, just had powerdered eggs, sausages, waffles, cereal, toast, coffee and juice. Check out was nice and easy, however the response I got when I told the the employee about the phone waking me up 3 times during the night was not what I expected, she simply just said, "Oh I'm sorry, and just laughed."

Room Tip: If you have a triple A card use it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Modern rooms. Nice pool area. ok breakfast. Very good manager. In the ground level room, you hear every foot step of the people in the room above. Best to take a 2nd level room.

Room Tip: 2nd level is better. Less noise.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on April 14th when we entered our room we noticed a smell. It was coming from the bathroom. There was not a toilet tank cover on the toilet. I called and asked to have it fixed and the front desk clerk told me he would send someone up. No one came and when I called againi they told me to put a towel over it. When we would flush the toilet it would cause a spray it was disgusting. I tried to speak to the manager but Sonjia was never availiable I was told she would call me but she still hasnt called. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, choice Hotels Managment, St George Travel Council, and Priceline. They staff is rude and I was told by the supervisor when I called to see why I hadnt received a call back that they are busy and they dont really care if they have repeat customers. I would not recommend that anyone stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Glen Ellen, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Very nice Hotel. The rooms looked new and were roomy. A/C in room was quiet, internet access OK, not great. The laundry facilities were clean and secure. Pool area was very nice. The only problem we had was at check out. The young girl behind the desk didn't know how to split the bill. Not a big problem.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Roaches in room, Breakfast not as advertised, "satellite" TV was less than perfect, 1/2 the channels were so bad, that you couldn't watch. Breakfast is served from 6-9:30, however, eggs and sausage dosen't come out untill 7:30. if you're an early riser and need to get going, you will get what amounts to a lousey continental breakfast. Milk just sitting on the counter with nothing to keep it cold. when the eggs run out, it's a waiting game. coffe is nothing more than flavored water. keep the lights on and you will not see any roaches, turn them off and it's a free for all!!, carpets are filthy, for the price i paid for this roach trap, there are much nicer hotels (and cleaner) in st george STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

435-628-4481

Been to Quality Inn South Bluff? Share your experiences!