“My Experiance was not the best with door locks that had a hard time working.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George

You added Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Bluff Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Lexington Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in St. George
Clermont, Florida
“My Experiance was not the best with door locks that had a hard time working.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean but the doors did not work three times and we had to go to the desk each time to get new access to our rooms in two days. The breakfast was adequate and the accommodations just OK.

• Stayed June 2013
StGeorgeLEX, Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize for challenges you had with the door lock. We strive to keep all our locks in working order.
We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
North Ogden, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was by far my worst traveling experience I've ever had in my life.. I am NOT a picky traveler by any means, and I know each room/ customer/ experience is going to be different.. but my room was DISGUSTING! I wish now that I had taken pictures of everything... but I kept telling myself 'oh, it was just this, or that, simple mistake' (because I'm not picky).. but they added up.. I will list just the major things that were AWFUL..1-within 10 minutes of checking in, I went to move the coffee maker only to find a HUGE clump of hair (so much, it was like someone cleaned out a brush) on the coffee tray 2-bathroom sink would not drain.. use it once & whatever was in the drain would float to the surface. sick 3-crawled into bed only to have a beetle (of some sort, the size of a silver dollar) crawling on my arm.. Which meant I did not sleep sound the remaining time worried I had bugs all over me 4- hair was all over in the bathtub, grout was disgusting & unsanitary, bathtub was stained 5- opened the microwave & there was an old cup of coffee sitting in there.. who knows how long it had been there (wasn't ours) 6- the carpet was so dirty, my daughters feet were black within 20 minutes of being there. Forced me to keep shoes and/or slippers on the entire stay. it felt like there was a 'film' on the bathroom tile. Horrible horrible experience... Worst hotel stay I've ever had.. I hate to give such a bad review. but there should be sanitary standards, which this hotel does NOT have.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money on this place.. Every other issue I could have overlooked if only they had t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StGeorgeLEX, Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for contacting trip advisor regarding your stay on May 31st Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the cleanliness of your room during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

I would have have loved to move you to a room that was acceptable given the chance.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action with our houskeeping staff insure that this incident will not occur in the future.

Shayne Sabaitis
Lexington GSM
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There's much to like about this hotel and there is so much potential; unfortunately, it seems to have gone unnoticed by the hotel owners. The stand-alone event tent, erected within spitting distance of a large segment of rooms, has doors that would not latch shut, thus the whole evening was listening to doors blow open and shut, open and shut. The pool area was unique with it's indoor/outdoor aspect (having to swim under clear polypropene strips that separate the indoor portion from the outdoor portion. The restaurant was closed due to a change in hotel ownership; I do not understand these reviews calling the hotel "new." We were readily told it was a change of ownership that resulted in the restaurant closure; even the hotel in general is obviously not a new hotel. It may not be run-down, but it most definitely is not new. If you plan on just chillin' around the hotel for a day or so, parking can be an issue, because of the participants in the events taking place in that stand-alone event tent.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that is across the sidewalk from their stand-alone event/conference room tent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Port Orange, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

While this place is a little older though not real old it is very nice. Stayed there while visiting Bryce and Zion. We enjoyed our visit. If you are looking for luxury this is probably not the place however, it was very nice, good value for the dollar and we would go back.
Rooms could use a bit of a facelift but the price is very reasonable so it is a trade off. Our room had a air conditioner which was kind of loud. This is probably not true of all the rooms but you may want to check on that before you "settle in".
They provided a great breakfast every morning and the staff were all very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
StGeorgeLEX, Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George, responded to this review, February 26, 2014

shayne
lexington
gsm
Redmond, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Lexington during my memorial weekend drive from Arizona to Seattle. I did not have reservations and had my dog with me. Being memorial weekend, there was not much left that accommodated pets. They found me a room and since it was a smoking room, discounted my room rate. Unfortunately, I also encountered an issue with a cricket in the room, as well as another bug that creeped me out. Upon alerting the front desk, they immediately relocated me to another more spacious room that was not meant for pets but they made the exception. The room was clean, definitely needed updates but was fine for one night, especially given the price. The hotel also offered free shuttle service to anywhere within St. George. I took advantage of that to dine at the Painted Pony, which was excellent. Again, the staff was great, the hotel itself was fine but check for bugs before settling in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
shayne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel by way of Priceline. We paid a fair price for the OTHER hotels in this category, but the Lexington does not belong with its competition. We were moved rooms multiple times due to insects in the room (there were crickets IN our bed frame base) to A/C units not working (95 degrees outside), and although they were trying to make it right, the age and lack of cleanliness of the hotel makes it difficult on staff. The "suites" open to a poolside full of screaming children, so if you want sleep, do not get a suite. All-in-all, the staff was great and the buffet breakfast was nice - but we will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
We appreciate you contacting trip advisor regarding your stay.
We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement can be made with room cleanliness and noise issues with the indoor pool so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has cause and have taken corrective actions to make sure this does not happen again.

Thanks again

Shayne
GSM
Henderson, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff was nice, but the property needs a little help. The hall leading to our room smelled musty. There was an area next to the pool, visible to the public, where they had old furniture and tables laying out. Very unsightly. Dead plants surrounded the area around the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your Comments regarding your stay in April. We have taken corrective action with the issues you experienced. We have removed the old Funiture and replaced the dead plants. We are working on the musty smell in the lobby

Thanks Again