“A Slice of Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Wilton
“A Slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

A group of my girl friends and I went on a long weekend retreat to Green Valley to enjoy some pampering and R&R. The entire experience far surpassed my expectations. From the beautiful rooms, to the personal service, to the gourmet meals, to the peaceful feeling that permeates the air. I came home not only rejuvenated, but more spiritually in tune with myself. We are already planning our return trip! It's a destination spot you won't want to miss!! I can't wait to go back.

• Liked — The rooms and service were incredible!
  • Disliked — I loved it all!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2007

I first stayed at Green Valley Spa after the birth of my second baby years ago. I needed time for me and help getting back into shape. I loved it! After one week, I felt renewed and ready for anything.

I now visit Green Valley Spa each year for a weekend refresher. I love the feeling I get when I walk into my room at the Coyote Inn, I love the fitness classes, I love the cozy spa dining room, and I love the spa treatments.

If you are considering a spa vacation in the U.S., Green Valley Spa is the spa for you.

Stayed October 2006
Loomis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

I am getting ready to book my next Green Valley vacation and was reading on this site of the reviews - I am surprised of such mixed reviews of this wonderful spa! I have been two other times and cannot wait to return. From the rooms, spa treatments, menu, service - it was first class. You will love it!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — weather - hot!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

If you are looking for a top-notch personable spa experience this is the place to go. Our stay at Green Valley Spa was the best spa experience we have ever had. We have stayed at other spas and while they were nice Green Valley had that special touch.

The staff are personable and so willing to work with individual needs. The treatments are all fantastic. I had a facial, a massage and also had a body assesment done. I have lost ten pounds and feel better that I have in years! The meditation classes are the best I have ever been to (and I have tried quite a few) and the "aura" machine is a unique experience and I have to say it was "right-on".

The dining is delectable and healthy. The instructors for the hikes and classes are all professional and knowledgeable.

Thanks Green Valley Spa for our best spa experience ever!
We'll be back!

Stayed September 2006
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

This property needs updating. The beds are comfortable but the other amenities are outdated. There is not an in-room movie service available - they rent movies for you from a video store. The hair dryer and televisions are almost antique! Once you fill the spa tub, you are out of hot water for two hours. We found the staff very unfriendly especially in the dining room where we would categorize them as hostile. We only went to the dining room once due to our first experience. The spa was okay but due to lack of heat and the low outside temperature the treatment rooms were cold. We did not book a package since we could only stay two nights and apparently the staff does not take kindly to "overnighters." Upon arrival, we did not get a tour since the receptionist indicated that she would have to lock everything up to be able to show us around. We declined her offer due to the manner in which it was offered. We were very disappointed in the property.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Dated
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

I'm really sorry to have to write this, but feel compelled to. On Sunday night while using the outdoor jacuzzi tub off of room 19 my wife and I noticed something dark colored near the drain. By putting our backs against the jets we stilled the surface of the water enough to distinctly see several brown clusters of something clumped around the grate. I touched it with my big toe and realized it was human crap. Of course we immediately got out and showered, at length. I then reported it to the management who seemed horrified and promised to get right on it.
After thinking about it a bit I returned to the front desk. During our orientation tour the guide had informed us that the pools/spas were disinfected using herbal formulas and didn't use any harsh chemicals like chlorine. This seemed unlikely but then while I was in the water I really didn't smell any chlorine or bromine at all. The possibility of contracting Hepatitis A or other fecal borne diseases concerned me greatly at this point, and still does.
The management then reassured me that chemicals were used and the water had been tested and found to be okay.
That would have been the end of it for me, and I wouldn't be writing this now except for this- They DID NOT CLOSE THE JACUZZI!!! I don't think they even looked at it, our room was directly off the jacuzzi and we never heard anyone investigating or working there.
Then we looked out a couple hours later and saw four ladies in the tub. My wife felt obligated to inform them what they were sitting in, and they said they had noticed the same "material" but didn't really think about what it could be. They explained that was partly because they had been drinking a bit. They too could have been exposed to something.
I don't really blame the GV Spa for the presence of the feces, I'm sure their employees didn't crap in the water. But their total non-response and failure to close the tub is simply inexcusable.
Maybe they think we made it up like "a finger in the chili" to try to get some money or a free room. I did ask them after checking out if they would consider offering some compensation for our experience and they offered a $50 discount card for our next 3 night stay. That of course will never happen.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GreenValleySpa, Green Valley Customer Service at Green Valley Spa and Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2006
We are sorry for the negative experience had by this particular guest but the claims of feces in the spa are completely unfounded. When the guest brought to our attention that he had found feces in the spa we immediately sent over our maintenance manager. He could not find any object in the spa whatsover. Our grounds supervisor went over later and took readings on the chemicals which were normal and was told by guests using the spa that they had found a piece of planter bark floating in the pool (the pool location is bordered by rose and shrub planters). We do not use "herbal formulas" to regulate our pools chemical makeup as there are strict state guidelines on the chemicals to be used to keep the pool sanitary. Furthermore readings are taken every four hours as per these same state guidelines. We take tremendous pride in our grounds and pool areas and we are always striving to provide the absolute best in customer service. We teach our employees to own any problem that our guests may have regardless of which department the shortfall has occurred. We are sorry for the guests experience but cannot stand by and allow inaccurate statements to be so arbitrarily posted.
POrtland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Green Valley spa in late September. By far, the highlight of our trip was our adventure guide, Todd. He can take you mountain biking, hiking, rock-climbing, rapelling. What ever you want to go he's your guy. You dont have to be a spa guest for his services, you can find him on his 'Paragon climbing or paragon adventure" websites.This was the VERY best part of our trip. About the spa,,,,The rooms were nice, had many ammenities and were spacious. I had a sports massage by Kaui who is excellent, I would highly recommend any treatment by him. The facial I recieved was the worst I have ever had, and it was the direct opposite of the treatment I requested. Management handeled this by treating me in dismissive manner. Grounds were ok, and the staff are not very friendly. Skip the spa, but say in St. george and call Paragon Adventures to have some real fun!

• Liked — Beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Rude spa manager
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't say there. Book a cheaper place and still use Todd as you adventure guide.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Green Valley Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!