“Pet Friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Shenandoah, Iowa
“Pet Friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We chose Green Valley Spa because they were one of the few "pet friendly" places listed. We and our dogs loved the little courtyard on our room. It was perfect to let the dogs have some "outdoor space". Housekeeping was extremely accommodating in cleaning around our schedule. Our fireplace quit after the first couple of days but Steve from Maintenance came in, dogs & all, and had it fixed quickly. It seemed most of the Staff (& even some of the guests!) loved our dogs as much as we do! It was so convenient to walk the dogs "out the back door" and up onto the walking trails.
I was a bit familiar with Green Valley Spa products as I had previously used the Honey Dew Firming Lotion. What a pleasant surprise to find products in our room to try during our stay.
We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I loved my "all-inclusive" stay at Green Valley Spa/Coyote Inn. The wonderful hikes, gorgeous scenery, yoga, and calorie controlled menu were just what I needed to jump start my fitness routine. The food was delicious even though the calories were under 1000. For those folks wanting or needing more calories there were dessert options, bread/butter. Wine was available by the glass...which I skipped because of my desire to focus on fitness. Almost everyone I met at Green Valley was a return guest. I know that I will return...most likely every spring!

As other guests have noted, the grounds, spa, and public spaces were "dated" and could use an update. The spa services were excellent to just OK depending on the technician. I enjoyed Dusty; others not as much. In the end, the hikes, wonderful hiking guides, awe-inspiring scenery, excellent & comfortable rooms, pleasant fellow guests, and delicious & healthy meals will draw me back again and again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another great visit. If you are looking for a vacation where you can get away from it all, this is the place. The accommodations are the best. The rooms are huge with wonderful beds & bathrooms. I think there is a fireplace in a each room for cooler nights. The guided hikes are not to be missed. What a great way to see the red rocks and beauty of the west. Guides are very knowledgeable and accommodating to the hiking abilities of the guests. Food is amazing. Nice variety and lots of lower calorie options. Lastly, spa services are wonderful. Great way to end your day after a hike, classes and then a massage! Cannot wait to return again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Didn't stay here but went to the 3 day tennis camp put on by courtthink tennis. The camp was awesome and a great value at around $600. Can't thank Dave and Duane enough. It was a real game changer for me. Classes from 9-3:30 with classroom and video analysis of your serve and strokes. On a side note I wanted to stay at the resort but it was just me and they wanted $180 a night for a condo so I found a weekday rate at Casablanca Casino in Mesquite Nevada for $40 a night which is only a 30 minute drive. Ate breakfast one morning at the resort restaurant. Kind of odd experience...Restaurant looked dated as I walked in at 8:30 am and the sever said they have stopped seating but said she would still serve me. Breakfast over at 8:30? Wow. The chef made me a omelet that was amazing but with a cup of coffee the bill came to $16. Can't say anything else about the spa but if you want to take your tennis game to the next level this is the place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I have NEVER paid $200 for a hotel stay. But we were visiting St. George and decided to treat ourselves to a one night stay in gorgeous red rock surroundings. I read the online reviews and rationalized that the complaints about the hotel and Cheryl, the manager, were outlier issues from people who liked to complain. My husband and I sat at the computer together and made reservations for March 28th which was a month away. We were surprised when the very next evening we got a call from the Green Valley Spa front desk, asking us what time we planned to arrive that night, which was February 28th. We explained there must have been a mistake--that our stay was a month away, and the young man on the phone was very polite, and told us there would be no charge for such a mistake. However, he called us back a few minutes later and reported that he had spoken to his boss, Cheryl, who said we would indeed be charged the entire amount of $211. Unbelievable. Over the next week, we then proceeded to hunt Cheryl down like a dog, with several calls, messages, and then finally, successfully via our credit card company, and she said she would check to see if there was a mistake made with the online booking and she promised to call us back--twice. In fact, we are still waiting for her to call us back, but we all know she isn't going to call us back. BEWARE: seems like their written policy of no refund unless reservation is canceled seven days prior to your scheduled arrival date allows them to take the entire amount of your stay for a mistake like this. Quite a dandy little policy they have written for themselves. I can say that two pair of eyes were making that reservation for March 28th and somehow, maybe IF we flipped website pages online (?), the date may have been changed by the online program. We don't know. But we do know that this hotel couldn't care less about customer satisfaction and that Cheryl, the manager, will only lie and try to evade you if there is a problem. We will never stay at this hotel--EVER, and we want to warn you not to gloss over their SEVEN DAY CANCELLATION POLICY. If you can't afford to lose the entire amount of your stay if something weird like this happens, then maybe you had better book a room elsewhere in St. George and take a quick drive over the next morning to view the red rocks. Stupid us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
greenvalleysparesort, Manager at Green Valley Spa and Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are sorry for the mix up with your reservation. I am not sure if there was a mistake made when making the reservation or not, but in either case we are sorry that your first experience with us was unsatisfactory. We do require a one night deposit at the time of booking to hold your reservation, and we do have a 7 day cancellation policy. Both of these policies are stated on our website when you book your reservation. We do understand that sometimes these things can be missed, but it is our standard policy. Our cancellation policy states that without a seven day notice your one night deposit becomes non-refundable, but it is not forfeited. We simply put a hold on it up to one year and you can apply it towards a future stay with us. The reason you were going to be charged the $211 deposit was because of this policy, not because you were being penalized in any way. We just moved your $211 deposit from the February stay to the March stay. I am not sure why Cheryl was unable to get back to you, but I assure you your concerns are taken very seriously, and we will do everything we can to identify the issue and rectify that issue for the future. We can understand how frustrating that can be, and we are sorry for the inconvenience and distress this may have caused you.
Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The positives are excellent hikes led by fabulous guides and spacious well-appointed rooms. Some of the massage therapists are excellent; unfortunately some are terrible. The negatives include the food: lunch and dinner are exactly the same for seven straight days and only offers six entrees. Considering the price of the resort ($$$$$), the food options are ridiculous! The resort is run down and the majority of the employees have no concept of providing proper customer service. Burned out light bulbs are not replaced, rooms are not cleaned each day unless you complain to mgmt., there are not any activities to participate in after 6 pm so everyone goes back to their rooms to watch tv!
The resort owners (a family) have no interest in obtaining guests' feedback which includes resolving problems that any guest has. Spend your money at a resort where guests are appreciated and given proper service and don't waste your time or money at Green Valley!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad to hear you loved the hikes and the room accommodations. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the food. We appreciate feedback from our guests, as we want to give you the best experience possible. We will speak to our Dining Room about adding other options to our menu. We do provide a daily service so we are sorry if you did not receive one each day. If a Privacy sign is left on your door then they won’t service the room that day. We do not offer activities past 6 pm as these activities are generally not attended, Most guests are tired from the other activities during the day that start as early as 6 am. We do have tennis courts, racquet ball courts, a golf learning center, a pool table, ping pong, a 24 hour adult only pool, and other activities available during later hours that our guests have full access to. Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy everything about your stay, and we will address the issues you had during your stay.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Spacious room with sitting area, gas fireplace, brew-your-own Starbucks, and a wonderful outdoor hot tub and heated pool just 20 feet from the room. Wonderful bed. My wife had a superb massage and facial as well. And a great value too!

Never been to St. George before. Interesting that half the restaurants were closed on Sundays. Also highly recommend the Kolob Canyons section of Zion Natl Park. Right off I-15. More spectatular views than Zion Canyon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Valley Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!