“good value in Coyote Inn section” 4 of 5 stars

Green Valley Spa and Resort
3.5 of 5 Spa   |   1871 W Canyon View Dr, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in St. George
ontario
“good value in Coyote Inn section”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We are not spa types and only stayed for a night --- motel style--- in the Coyote Inn portion of the resort. But what we had was good value--- a clean room with up to date amenities, comfortable bed, bathrobes, a private deck and a pool just outside our door. Certainly a huge jump over a higher end strip motel for not much more money. We thought the roof mounted A/C units would be a problem at night but they cycled on so seldom ( the night was relatively cool ) that it wasn't. The grounds are well maintained and the setting up on a hill in a residential neighborhood and away from traffic noise is quite nice. Breakfast was not included but again good value for what you got. I was surprised they would take single night visitors since the intent of the place is for people to come and relax for a few days. If I was coming to St George again I would probably try to stay longer to get some of the spa feel ( more time by the pool and maybe an organized hike ) but as it was I was quite pleased with the welcome we received, the service and the features offered. For travelers passing through who want peace and quiet in clean surroundings I recommend it.

Room Tip: All Coyote Inn rooms are essentially the same
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a rather rugged night at the north rim of the Grand Canyon, this spa/hotel was a godsend. Totally comfortable and even luxurious, though the TV is in an odd location making watching it anywhere but from in the bed impossible. The "restaurant" served fine food though breakfast finishes at 9 AM which is pretty early on vacation. Didn't experience the spa facilities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Green Valley Spa is lovely in many ways. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The spa offers wonderful messages...The hiking is GREAT!!! With that said,
The weight loss program seems to have taken over the whole spa... There was way too much attention given to weight loss and dieting. In the dining room there is a community table where all the people in the weight loss program dined. Their diet filters out to everyone in the dining room.
Although the food was good, it was sparse...We where hungry!
I felt like I was at a fat farm!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel really has an excellent price / quality ratio. We stayed two nights but we would have loved to stay longer and see more of the place if we would have had more time.
We understand that as a spa and resort hotel, this place has a lot of sport and wellness facilities to offer.
Our room was spacious, the beds were good, the bath room spic and span with everything arranged to perfection. Each room has an outside patio, giving access to the swimming pool.
There's also an immense parking space so there are no problems in this respect.

On the negative side we noted that the reception was frosty and not particularly competent when we entered for the first time so we didn't have the feeling to be warmly welcomed.
But on the whole we would have no hesitation whatsoever to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My reception upon check in was one of the worst hotel/resort experiences of my life.

The three grim faced gentlemen working behind the desk never smiled nor welcomed me (I was pre-registered and prepaid). I was told that they had no record of my prior stay (which had been a wonderful experience) thus no discount. They also informed me that I had registered for two people (um, no) and was there anyone else in my car (this was more of an interrogation than a simple question). I had a ton of luggage and I had to ask for someone to assist me. the man with the golf cart who did assist me was lovely and gave me a nice tour of my room.

My room was as beautiful as I remember. a large, fully appointed casita with a cute patio that leads to the swimming pool. The grounds were a little sad looking although this was probably due to weeks of 90 degrees.

I did not take the meal plan so I cannot comment on the food. But speaking to several other guests, their comments were that the food was very mediocre.

It did not seem like the staff at Green Valley Spa was very happy. And when the staff is not very happy, neither are the guests.

I will not return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

While it was a great place because it was clean and friendly for the most, it was bit pricy for the amenities you would receive elsewhere, given the size of the town this may be the reason itself. Checking in was fine, no baggage help and once settled in I tried to make an appointment for a massage I was disconnected from the front desk and could not reach the desk for the rest of the night. I called the kitchen for room service and it was almost as if they did not do that, but they did at a charge, so I accepted... well the next morning going to the kitchen to eat (a hop skip and a jump away) it was closed and I was offered a apple and string cheese. *(one day I did get breakfast and it was perfect.) I went back to my room and my dishes were still waiting to be washed in my room. Not sure if I was at a spa or a camp ground except the room is nice and the pool was great. (I'm sure I could have found a better place) they let me check out 30 min late at no cost.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm ALWAYS scouring trip advisor for reviews on the BEST places to say, and, since there are so many great reviews and tips, I am never disappointed! I am extremely picky when looking for a place to stay outside of Las Vegas.... We have everything here, so I don't settle for less when I travel outside of my town! This resort is literally a 90 minute drive from Las Vegas, and nestled away behind a housing community on the top of a hill... Upon entering the resort, the lobby was so peaceful and quiet! First things first, the room was beyond what I expected... The property is *older*, but everything is updated inside of the room. It's beyond your "standard" hotel room, by far... Two HUGE fluffy, "make you want to lay down and go to sleep" beds.... Nice furniture, flat screen, and a really cool feature: an armoire that secretly hides a microwave, coffee maker, popcorn maker and all your coffee needs... Fresh whole bean coffee, ground decaf, tea and an assortment of sugars. The bathroom has a LARGE jetted tub/shower combination that is great for two! Two pedestal sinks and great Mexican tiled floor. There was also a nice flat screen television and a gas fireplace. I really liked the private gated outdoor sitting area that led to the adult pool. This was a really comfortable and quiet room to stay in! We got a tour of the property from the concierge and the resort has a FULL spa with TONS of amenities. The soaps that are provided in your room are actually designed and created ON SITE in their lab. They have indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and a really cool meditation labryinth. We didn't get a chance to eat at the resort, but look forward to going back and staying in one of the amazing penthouses! Definitely a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn St. George
#13 of 40 in St. George
4.0 of 5 stars 451 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Green Valley Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!