“Always the Best and anxious to please” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Suites

Save Saved
You added Clarion Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1239 S. Main Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 42 hotels in St. George
Sandy, Utah, United States
“Always the Best and anxious to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The management made every effort to accommodate our needs and wishes. The rooms were excellent and we had a most enjoyable time. The breakfast was very convenient and was healthy. The variety was most pleasing. The breakfast area was clean and inviting. Look forward to our next stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. We at the clarion suites pride ourselves on offering the best service available and look forward to your return. I hope it is soon. Safe travels.

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is in a great spot if you're on a road trip. Right of the freeway, easy to find and across the street from Mcdonald's if you need a quick bite. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the rooms were really nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for your kind comments. I will definately share your comment to the staff. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the room and the hot breakfast. I hope to see you again very soon.
Frazier park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My experience at the Clarion Suites was a nightmare. It's a motel with outside hallways and stairs, neon lights outside your room, right on the noisy freeway, and the worst stink imaginable in the room. I was appalled that this was considered a two-and-a-half star hotel on Priceline. I paid over a hundred dollars for a room, and asked for a refund when I got there two hours after I booked and saw the outside doors and smelled the terrible stink in the room. I was refused the refund because it was after 4:00pm. I booked the room around 9:00 pm, so I'm not sure how I could cancel before I booked! My husband thought the smell in the room was dog urine, but it smelled like some kind of insecticide to me, but whatever it was, It was so strong that I didn't sleep most of the night, and of course no other rooms were available. The person at the front desk said he didn't know what the smell was, but admitted when asked directly that people had complained of the smell before (there are other reviews on tripadvisor that mention it)I said I was very sensitive to any kind of insecticide, and needed to leave if they had been sprayed, but he said he didn't know anything about any spraying; he's just the night clerk. I thought it would dissipate, but it didn't. I looked at the hotel website, and the normal rate for the rooms was typically 40% less than I paid as an "express deal" on priceline on a busy night. The room next to mine had the same terrible odor coming out of it in the morning, so it wasn't just my room. There was also stinking sewage from a leaking septic or grease trap in the restaurant next door running down the driveway outside the front of the hotel, so opening the window wasn't an option. Both my husband and I got sick with sinus problems and headaches after staying at this hotel, and I coughed most of the night, so I suspect it was some kind of chemical residue I was smelling. I would have preferred the dog urine. Now we are all sick with respiratory infections. Yuk . The jacuzzi tub was large for one person although I could barely feel the jets. Breakfast was just OK. Beds were like hammocks.
There are many other good hotels in this lovely city. I recommend staying far away from this one, despite the good reviews. You may end up in one of the stinky rooms. BTW, This is the first negative review I have ever posted. I have a hard time believing all the positive ones, as my experience was so bad. Really wish I had left without the refund.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs.The noise from people walking above your room is very bad, even with earplugs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. When booking your room through a third party website such as Priceline, it is imperative that you know the rules of booking, pricing, and cancellations of that particular third party booking site. Unfortunately, your visit fell on a sold out weekend for our town. Our hotel policy is no cancellations after 4pm, again, unfortunately you booked your room through a third party website after 9:00 pm and you were no longer eligible for cancellation. Our hotel held the room for your arrival at 11:30pm, you were then transferred to the General Managers home phone where it was explained the cancellation policy to you. Because of the cancellation policy, you were unhappy with the hotel before a room key was issued to you. I invite you to call me directly so that we may get a clearer understanding of your experience. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves, and hope to hear from you soon. Please call the hotel of your choosing directly on your future travels so they may answer any of your concerns prior to booking.
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Everything about this Clarion was first class. What more can I say! We travel a lot with our
business and I can honestly say this was on a par with a five-star hotel.
Internet was fast, bed extremely comfortable, friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you sharing your recent stay with us and I appreciate such a great star rating for the clarion suites. I hope you spread the word to your family and friends. Please come back soon as we look forward to your return.
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staying with Clarion suites was a wonderful experience. The personnel at the desk when we checked in were all accommodating and fast. I liked the idea of my friend's name on the desk as a VIP choice privileged guest. The lobby was clean, as well as the rooms and the rest of the facilities. The wifi was fast. The breakfast food was great. The pool was clean and cozy. The staff were all friendly. My son was so happy that he kept on reminding me to give this hotel a rating of 4 stars.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind words and I am very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of the clarion suites as we strive to offer exceptional service and comfortable surroundings. Please thank your son for the great ratings and hope that when you find yourself in St. George again that you will stay with us again. Safe travels.
Twentynine Palms, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I spent two wonderful days and nights in ST George, Utah at the Clarion Suites! The staff were so nice and friendly. We had a suite with a Jacuzzi in the bathroom, the bed was very comfortable with soft sheets and lots of great pillows!!! Very nice pool and Jacuzzi outside our room. Lovely landscaping and relaxing atmosphere. Very kid friendly!!! We will definitely stay there again!! Oh, and they are close to lots of kid friendly restaurants!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed the clarion suites. The staff and I enjoy offering the best service, comfortable accommodations and relaxing atmosphere possible and I am happy that you enjoyed our award winning service. I hope we get the chance to have you visit again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stay was great. Continental breakfast was terrific. However, when I got home my credit card was charged an additional $31.00. When I called the hotel in St. George, Utah, they said I stole a feather pillow and therefore charged me for the pillow. I DID NOT STEAL A PILLOW. They had better check their cleaning staff. I am very offended by the accusation and charge. Advice: ask manager to come to your room before you leave and count pillows and then get it in writing that all the pillows are there!

• Stayed July 2013
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Clarion Suites. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our breakfast was terrific. A hotel has many expenses to operate a quality property and one thing we have to keep tabs on is the inventory of every room every day at the hotel. Our protocol is to assess how many rooms guest had (you had 3) and check each room to make sure bedding was not shared to another room. After every effort is made to locate missing items, we then call the guest asking them to check their belongings as of most of the time it is mistakenly taken. I want to apologize that we charged your credit card for the pillow as we initially tried unsuccessfully to contact you many times. I was in no way stating that you stole the pillow, simply asking you to just check with your family to see if it was with your family’s belongings while on their Lake Powell Boating trip. I have been waiting for you to call me as I have not heard back from you yet regarding your conclusion after speaking with your family. I hope you and your family will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Clarion Suites? Share your experiences!