“Bang for your $$” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Suites

You added Clarion Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1239 S. Main Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Bang for your $$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have stayed many places over the last two weeks. Clarion Suites at St. George gave us excellent service from a well-trained staff. This was the first motel that we felt was adequately staffed to see to the comfort of the many guests associated with peak season traveling. The hotel seems very new. Our suite was great.

We are members of Kentucky Farm Bureau, so we received a 20% discount on our suite. This made this hotel not only the nicest hotel/motel we'd stayed in, but also the least expensive.(We stayed in other Choice Hotels, Best Western hotels (with AAA discount), and National Park Lodges.) The full breakfast was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Note: Does not have an elevator, but staff very willing to help with luggage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us on your two week adventure. Sharing your stay with us helps us by telling us what we are doing correctly and how we can improve. I really appreciate your comments. Please note that we do have an elevator near the lobby and I apologize if you were not informed by the staff. Next time that we are fortunate to have you again please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure I get you a downstairs room or near the elevator. Thank you again for your stay. Don Fritschle, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on our way home from Disneyland. It was great! The rooms are spacious and made it easy to fit our family. We had two queen beds as well as a pull out couch. The bathroom is separate making it nice for others to shower while everyone else is still sleeping. The rooms were clean and they have a great continental breakfast. There were waffles you could make yourself, breakfast sandwiches, cereal and bagels/muffins, etc... The front desk staff was lovely and gave us rooms all in a row. We pulled our car right up to our door. It was great! Our family will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel along with the breakfast. I hope you had fun in Disneyland and will make us your stop over on your way to California everytime. Please think of us for a Southern Utah getaway and not just a stop over. St. George has alot to offer with 3 National Parks in the area and Tuacahn Broadway Shows & Golf Packages to please everyone in your family. See you again soon I hope.
Western Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This was great. A little miscommunication with the front desk clerk when we checked in. But it was fine. Could have used another comforter but it worked. Otherwise overall it was a great stay. Would recommend to all family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time share your recent stay with us. I apologize if there was a communication issue with my front desk. Every bed has a clean comfortable comforter so with not knowing your specific situation I apologize. I hope that my staff did take care of your request and that you had a comfortable stay.
Page, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took our dog, our dog sitter fell through. Front desk was very accommodating and only tacked on an additional $10 to our bill. Great breakfast, two dining rooms, very clean, and great swimming pool/hot tub area. We also asked for a late check out of noon, and again, they obliged. I have never stayed in a pet room, so I was a bit surprised when I went in and smelled the overwhelming odor of animal urine. I guess I understand though, you can't control the pets and what they do in the room. Otherwise great stay and family friendly! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments as they tell us what we are doing right and where we can improve. I appreciate your comments and will address the issues you stated. I apologize and will make sure everything is taken care of before our next pet friendly room guest.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff is very attentive and helpful. Lots of choices for breakfast and even the coffee is good. We got a king room with sleeper sofa and it was roomy for the 4 of us. The kids spent almost as much time in the Jacuzzi tub as they did the pool. The kids loved the pool and the hot tub was actually hot. This is a great choice if you are staying in St. George.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids a king with a sleeper sofa is your best choice for a little extra mon...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences at the clarion suites. I am glad that you enjoyed the Boyd Brand Coffee as I like it as well. I hope that we will see you again very soon and please do not hesitate to ask for me as I will try to make sure you get the jacuzzi king room for your kids again. See you soon!
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Car close to room for easy load/unload of all my stuff; Black Bear Diner next door; AC with a t'stat on the far wall for more accurate termperature control; easy on & off I-15; very large breakfast area with loads of options and charming helpful servers (they had 2!); cello-wrapped fresh red apples (I mean who DOES that?), cinnamon rolls and cookies throughout the day at the counter for a snack. My company would spring for more in this city, but WHY WHY WHY when I get more per diem left to spend on meals!? The same staff has been here since I started staying. When I have mentioned to the manager what could be different - WHAM - it generally happens. I kinda feel responsible for 'uppy/downy/rocky' office chairs and real coffee cups :) Today I told him more plugs and faster WIFI. Yep, in the plans he said. He said 60M by week's end. I don't even get 60 Megs at home. OK so I am REALLY in love with their occasional breakfast egg casserole concoction that I have NOT been able to duplicate at home. Waffle schmaffle, I need my protein.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. I appreciate all of your suggestions in the past and look forward to more in the future as we will try to keep improving to be the #1 St. George hotel for service, cleanliness and the best full hot breakfast in town. It is guests like you that keep us on our toes to excel and to be recognized for the Platinum Award with Choice Hotels for 2012 & 2013. We look forward to your next visit and please share your experiences with your family and friends. Safe Travels!
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Clarion Suites has been our only hotel in St. George for the last four years or so. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, they provide a great breakfast, the rooms are clean and inviting, and the pool is clean and well maintained.

This isn't anywhere else we will stay in St. George. The Clarion Suites is the place to go. A+

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and all your past stays. We look forward to having you again soon and please spread the word that the Platinum Clarion Suites is the only place to stay in St. George.

Been to Clarion Suites? Share your experiences!