“Reasonable for the Price - Good Sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Red Hills to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Red Hills
Rodeway Inn Red Hills
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 E Red Hills Parkway, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #39 of 42 hotels in St. George
“Reasonable for the Price - Good Sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The place is old and all that, but my room was clean and the carpet seemed new. Was a great deal for $35/night plus fees.

I did not have any of the issues discussed by other reviewers and it seems to me that they are trying very hard to improve the property. The linens were good and bed comfy. Towels however--ick! They need to get new ones. Clean, yes , but threadbare and rough, not to mention stained!

Great views up on hill. Very nice and accommodating staff. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Syracuse, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I think the pre-2014 reviews should be removed. The problems you read about have been corrected under new management. This is an older motel, and nothing fancy. But the room was clean and there was not a hint of cigarette smell. The carpet looked new, and everything was in good repair. The pillowtop mattresses and the pillows were very comfortable. I liked the ample counter space around the sink. I was surprised to find that the room had a refrigerator, hair dryer, and coffee maker. All we needed was a comfortable place to spend the night for a reasonable price, and this was just fine!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RODEWAYSTG401, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for you recent stay at our hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

It was cheap. And I got what I paid for.
My experience went like this: I walked in the lobby after driving 10 hours straight just to be greeted by a sign taped to the front desk saying they were "walking the property" and would return in 10 minutes. As I waited 20 minutes, I noticed the multitude of signs all over with the various hotel "rules":
-NO VISITORS AT ANY TIME or else they would charge $75 per visitor (what??? you can't have a local friend come by your room?? really???)
-you're not allowed to fill coolers with ice from the ice machine
my favorite:
-a list of charges if anything went missing from the room: $10 per washcloth, $25 per towel, etc. etc. etc.
I forget the others, but there were several more rules.

Once the woman returned to the office, she seemed surprised to see me. She asked how long I had been standing there "just 2-5 minutes, right?". I corrected her that I had been there for 20 minutes.

I had prepaid for the room online a week prior to arrival, and I informed her I had a pet. She told me that there would be an extra charge. I argued with her that the website I had booked the room through said that there was no additional charge. She said that I had booked it through a third party website and if the info on it was wrong, it was "not her problem". So I asked her if it was my problem? She finally said she would not charge me this time.
Wow. That's what I call customer service!

The room was musty and badly needed updating. There was only a half roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. The pillows were numbered (!!). The bed was extremely uncomfortable--even though I was exhausted from a long day of driving, I did not sleep more than 3 hours because the bed was so stiff and uncomfortable.

Needless to say, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

With Due respect, We have stickons at the property as for our guest safety and our property is not big but still we take an extra hand of time to go and help in-house guest and sometimes it does takes time to do property walk and help guest, but not at your time to check-in but i apologise for the inconvinience you had upon check-in. We hope to see you again soon!

St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The staff was very courteous and accomodating. The room was very clean, we stayed here for three weeks and never encountered any riff-raff. The internet service was okay, they offered to move me closer to the office for best reception.

Room Tip: If using internet choose a room closer to the office.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RODEWAYSTG401, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, May 26, 2014

Escondido, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just an inexpensive motel, the TV didn't work and everything was old but they fixed it when I asked them to.

The room was a non-smoking room but it had previously been a room were people smoked cancer sticks so it smelled of smoke, and not much one can do about it except take out the wall coverings and carpet and start all over but too expensive I would say.

Office staff were good for information and good location for seeing St George

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RODEWAYSTG401, Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, December 23, 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel made me feel like a $2 prostitute. Upon arrival we were greeted with the strong aroma of Indian food and cigarette smoke in the lobby. The unkempt man running the front desk, who was polite, provided us with the keys cards to our room. When we opened the severely paint-chipped door (90% of the doors at this hotel we're in need of a paint job) we realized we were given the keys to an already occupied room, no joke. Thankfully nobody was in the room. We went back to the front desk and were given keys to a different room with a minor apology "Don't know how that happened". Needless to say, each time we left the room we made sure to take our luggage and lock it in the car. The room itself was the worst part of our stay, and that's saying something. The floor was not vacuumed. The bathroom sink was horribly filthy, as if it hadn't seen soap since the Clinton administration. My favorite part however, was the cigarette burns in the bed linen coupled with the shiny black pubic hair. The pool and hot tub were out of order. We requested a late checkout the day of departure, which we were granted - and then when we did go to checkout the lady who had earlier granted us permission berated us. We reminded her that she had granted us permission to checkout late to which she replied "Oh yeah, sorry." DO NOT STAY HERE for the love of sweet feathery Jesus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RODEWAYSTG401, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We humbly apologies for the inconvinience you had regarding your stay and we will let the managemengt know and soon we will be doing our remodeling.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

When we first arrived, seems as if a party was going on outside. People going from one room to another late at night-maybe drug dealers? Only two towels were in my room, even though my stay was for two adults for two nights. Cable TV had bad reception and wireless only worked if you were in the lobby. Our room only had one bar of soap, so had to keep swapping between sink and shower. The box spring is falling apart on one of the beds and the switch to the AC unit is broken. Paint peeling on the doors to the outside of the room. Breakfast was disgusting. Juice was more like sugar water and they ran out of waffle mix by 8 AM. I didn't feel very safe with all of the people outside moving around going from door to door. The mirror in the room had a huge crack right in the middle. Found some tobacco chew inside the roll of toilet paper when I went to change it. This place is NASTY! I know Rodeway is a one star hotel if best, but this is ridiculous! I will NEVER stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. With due respect, just a question how do you know it the people going from one room to another room and now knowingly you could think about drug dealer.i apologise for the inconvinience but please atleast be considerate as we are now under new management and we look forward to give you better service. We hope to see you again soon!

Rodeway Inn, Saint george, Ut

Been to Rodeway Inn Red Hills? Share your experiences!