“Barely acceptable...” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Red Hills to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Red Hills
Rodeway Inn Red Hills
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 E Red Hills Parkway, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #39 of 42 hotels in St. George
San Diego, California, United States
“Barely acceptable...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were in town to go mountain biking in the area adn were only at the hotel for (1) night. We rented (2) rooms. Between the 2 rooms, we had the following issues: pubic hairs in the shower, neither shower had any water pressure when the hot water was turned on, they didn't bother putting the toilet paper rolls on a roller, one of the beds was missing a sheet, one of the beds was missing a pillow and the carpets in both rooms had stains, burn marks, etc...when we went down for the "free breakfast", they were out of cereal and when another guest asked if they had more, the female clerk yelled at them.

The only saving grace is that I'm a sound sleeper and slept good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RODEWAYSTG401, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

room was very clean, AC was on when i got there, front desk people were nice. great price, too. within walking distance to dennys. i don't get to st. geo often, but this place is on my short list. i am perplexed at the scathing negative reviews i see regarding this property. not my experience at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Mesquite, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

STAY AWAY!! I was charged for a room for a day i didn't stay..Since i have a travel website.. they will be no longer getting business or referals from my company..At any rate, I will not use this hotel ever again, and will advise any of my contacts, personal or business to never have any dealings with them. I have been in the HTM Field for over 25 years and never had been treated that way.The Roz

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RODEWAYSTG401, Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, August 17, 2013

In future reference please contact me

Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

As a superintendent for a paving company I call and book many rooms for employees across the West. In this situation, my employee arrived after midnight, needing to get a few hours rest before the next day. Apparently, somehow though a reservation had been made and paid for, my employee could not be checked in because he didn't have a credit card or cash as a deposit. Now I understand rules are rules and I have no problem with that. However, I was amazed at how unprofessional and outright rude the desk clerk treated my employee, he was combative and argumentative and completely unwilling to find an amicable resolution, or even politely decline. Even as my employee was leaving I could actually hear the clerk coming out to him in the parking lot telling him to get off the property! So very surprised at the terrible conduct of the night manager. At any rate, I will not use this hotel ever again, and will advise any of my contacts, personal or business to never have any dealings with them. I will also file a complaint with the corporate office and the better business bureau.

Stayed April 2013
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Sir, According to our hotel's policy, we require our guest who have booked their rooms through 3rd party agencies like Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, etc. to provide us with a valid credit card. Travelocity states that guest will pay for any incidental charges during his stay. Your employee had a Sinclaire Gas Card that did not have a Visa or MasterCard logo on it and a Walmart Pre-paid Card, which he honestly said had only $17.00 on it. We require a credit card for incidental charges only. Our Front Desk Clerk asked if he can put down atleast $50.00 as a security deposit, refundable upon check-out, but was told he did not have enough cash on him.
You then called the hotel and our FDC offered to fax you a Credit Card Authorization Form, which you can fax back to us giving the hotel permission to charge your credit card, IF there are any incidental charges. You declined that offer. Your employee was found sleeping in his truck in the parking lot of the hotel. We advised your employee to get $50.00 for incidental charges, so we can check him in to his room or to leave the hotel's premises. All this was done in a Professional and Polite manner. We don't see any reason otherwise.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

canceled room in front of us stating that he could do that on a prepaid room and "who are people going to believe - him or us ?" wow - never experienced such horrible service. pretty sure they were overbooked and that was this angry mans way of dealing with it. This was at 11pm and the room was prepaid no cancelation and thats how we were treated.
Called the next day and the husband-wife both got on phone and screamed profanities and racial comments. Extremely rude.

Room Tip: PLease stay elsewhere -this is not where you want to stay.
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear guest,
After carefully looking into your reservation, we found that your reservation was NOT a prepaid one. Someone else's credit card number was used to make the reservation. After you insisted we charge that credit card number, it declined due to INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. You then gave us your own debit card, which met with the same results, NO FUNDS. What option did the Front Desk Clerk have besides canceling your reservation? We then politely asked you to contact the person that used his credit card to make your reservation, so that person can provide us with a different credit card. But you said that person may be sleeping and you do not wish to disturb him.
Next morning, we received a call from a lady, demanding an explanation as to why the reservation was canceled. The lady was clearly agitated but I do not wish to go into details regarding the language that was used by that lady as she may have been oblivious of certain facts regarding your reservation.
Again, I truly apologize for any inconveniences due to the cancellation of your reservation! We Do Accept Cash as well!!
Deerfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We checked in for a night and the gentleman that checked us in was very nice and eager to please. He gave us a nice room on the second floor with a refrigerator. Beds were comfortable and the sheets and pillows looked new. The pillows had large numbers marked on them which I thought was a little strange. Next morning, he was there to check us out and went out of his way to print directions to Zion Park and gave us a couple of brochures as well. Breakfast was basic and not very appealing with 2 plastic containers of cereal and a milk gallon that was not put on ice, 3 loaves of bread in a basket with butter but no jelly. We had one look and decided to skip it. The desk clerk did give us a 15% discount coupon to Denny's where we had a hearty breakfast. The outer appearance of the hotel does look a little run-down, vending machine did not work and took our money. We went to the desk and he gladly gave us the 3 dollars back. Over-all a good stay and for just $45.00, we will be back when we decide to come to st. george again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 203, if it is available!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sandy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I got kicked out of my, honestly disgusting room by the "managers" after insisting on some level of customer service beyond the most basic, rude treatment. They gave me 5 minutes to vacate the place. I could not pack my stuff fast enough. WOW. Never in my life. After getting the run-around by the owners over my complaints about the room, I made the mistake of slapping my palms on their counter. I admit that was not the best thing to do but the reaction from the couple behind said counter actually scared the crap out of me. I thought the husband was going to give me a beat down. List of complaints other than the aforementioned incident: 1. Rude owners without the slightest idea of what customer service means, 2. The room was dirty. There were stains on the tub, the light switch in the bathroom had grime packed into it, the air conditioning did not work, the bed had a gash in the side of the box springs that was rusty. I booked online a week in advance, and was somehow issued a smoking room. I did not request smoking... because I do not smoke. The smell makes me nauseous. When I checked in, I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room but was told there were none available. I asked if they would please try to get me one for the second night, but when I asked about it the next morning, that's when the shenanigans with the psycho owners started. Yes I did start to lose it. I was very frustrated with the lack of effort and disregard for the slightest concern for a customer. Big mistake on my part that led to a very upsetting incident from which there was no way to defuse, even after my repeated attempts to apologize. I fled post haste. Should have read the many complaints here before booking.

Room Tip: Bring your own Lysol, you will need it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

435-628-4271

Been to Rodeway Inn Red Hills? Share your experiences!