“WOW Amazing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Red Hills

Rodeway Inn Red Hills
You added Rodeway Inn Red Hills to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Red Hills
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 E Red Hills Parkway, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Sandy, Utah
“WOW Amazing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I got kicked out of my, honestly disgusting room by the "managers" after insisting on some level of customer service beyond the most basic, rude treatment. They gave me 5 minutes to vacate the place. I could not pack my stuff fast enough. WOW. Never in my life. After getting the run-around by the owners over my complaints about the room, I made the mistake of slapping my palms on their counter. I admit that was not the best thing to do but the reaction from the couple behind said counter actually scared the crap out of me. I thought the husband was going to give me a beat down. List of complaints other than the aforementioned incident: 1. Rude owners without the slightest idea of what customer service means, 2. The room was dirty. There were stains on the tub, the light switch in the bathroom had grime packed into it, the air conditioning did not work, the bed had a gash in the side of the box springs that was rusty. I booked online a week in advance, and was somehow issued a smoking room. I did not request smoking... because I do not smoke. The smell makes me nauseous. When I checked in, I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room but was told there were none available. I asked if they would please try to get me one for the second night, but when I asked about it the next morning, that's when the shenanigans with the psycho owners started. Yes I did start to lose it. I was very frustrated with the lack of effort and disregard for the slightest concern for a customer. Big mistake on my part that led to a very upsetting incident from which there was no way to defuse, even after my repeated attempts to apologize. I fled post haste. Should have read the many complaints here before booking.

Room Tip: Bring your own Lysol, you will need it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RODEWAYSTG401, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Property CHI
GM
Rodeway Inn, Saint george, Utah
435-628-4271

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Honestly, this was one of the most uncomfortable, gross, and unpleasant places I have ever stayed. 1 star is one two many for this place. We found pills on the carpet, a damp towel hanging from the shower head with hair on it as well as on the floor and walls of the shower, a dirty latex glove in the dresser drawer along with q-tips, and some sort of spilled lotion that was never cleaned up. There were yellow stains on the bedding... ALL of the bedding: pillows, mattress, sheets, and comforter all had yellow and brown stains. We actually scrubbed the place down with Lysol disinfectant wipes. You may as well sleep on the floor of the men's room at the closest stop. It will be equally comfortable and sanitary.

Continental breakfast is white bread and a bottle of jam. There was also a nearly empty gallon of room temperature mile and a Tupperware full of two different kinds of cereal mixed together.

If you are going to stay here, bring your own sleeping bag to sleep in on the bed for health reasons, and your own food. I would also recommend bringing cleaning supplies. The place is absolutely disgusting. (If you feel I have exaggerated any part of this, I encourage you to go stay there for yourself and prove me wrong...) Bottom line; its disgusting.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else... ANYWHERE else will be better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Check-in time is 2:00 pm. This gentleman came in to check-in at 10:30 AM and was told if he can please come back between 1 pm and 2 pm by which time his room would be clean and ready by our house-keeping staff. He insisted on taking a look at the room first. He was told that the room was just vacated by a guest who stayed the previous night. He said that didn't matter, and so the FD gave him the keys. He walked into a room that was not YET cleaned by our staff as it was only 10:30 AM. It is unfathomable to imagine he would take time to write a negative review about a room that was not yet cleaned by our staff. During his stay, he had not once approached or called our FD staff about anything that would indicate he was dis-satisfied with his stay. Moreover, every room in our property had been deep-cleaned thoroughly by our efficient house-keeping staff just 2 days prior to this guest's arrival. I personally, along with our staff, encourage our prospective guests to come and stay at our hotel. You will not be disappointed!!
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is truly a bargain hotel, where you actually get what you pay for & then some. I'm required to be in St. George every 21 days and this is my hotel of choice. I understand why there have been negative reviews here in the past, but since the new management took over 6 months ago the property has truly turned around.
It's not perfect, but it's getting better each time I stay, and I think it meets or exceeds what the short term business traveler or a family on a budget needs - especially for the price.You wouldn't book this place for your anniversary weekend - but if you're on business or have the kids in tow, you'll get what you need and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing south are the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much, Sir, for your fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us. The Management appreciates it!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The lobby for one looks gross. I wouldn't want to eat the breakfast they serve there. Our room was so gross the toilet had a dirty ring in it that would of brushed off with cleaner. There was who knows what kind of splatter on the bathroom wall. Toothpaste spots on the counter. Looked like it hasn't been vacuumed. Old small tv no DVD player. Smelt gross. One guy came down right after we checked in and he was right in front of us in line and his bed wasn't made. It was all around horrible. We left and went to a new hotel. This place doesn't even deserve 1 star

• Stayed February 2013
This couple checked-in, used the room for 4 and a half hours, then complains about soap scum near the sink area. They wanted to check-out and demanded a full refund. Obviously, I could not give the guest a full refund as they had stayed in the room for 4 and a half hours. The guest, however, did get a partial refund ($20.00) and they threatened "On-line repercussions" before storming out. I'm very disappointed that inspite of all our efforts to calm the situation, the guest still lived up to their threat. I am willing to forget and welcome them to stay here in the future.
sondrio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is a real bargain for the price. Rooms are clean and internet works fine. There's no smoking smell. This is all you need to know for 40 bucks. As a plus, there's a pool and the location is quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much, Sir, for your positive review regarding your stay with us. The Management appreciated it!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I do not believe this motel even deserves a 1 star review.

I got into my room, and started to unpack my items after a long a drive. I started to look around the room, which I typically do when first getting inside. They had a fridge, and I didnt really think anything of it since I did not have anything to put in it..I saw something crawling on the wall, come to find out it was a nasty cockroach, which it was near the fridge. I decided to open it, and there were many many more. I was so disgusted. I immediately called the front desk and asked for another room, and I told him that cockroaches were all in the refrigerator. He seemed shocked and said they never had a complaint like this....Doubt it by seeing some reviews on here.

Anyways, I got a new room...oddly enough it was without a fridge. Figures.

I asked the manager if I could get a discount since this was such an inconvenience. He apologized, and said he would reduce the price by $3 which I paid around $45

I would not stay here again, and hope no one else would want to either

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
This guest requested a smoking room and within 5 mins called about a roach in the room. I personally went and in her presence checked the fridge with no sign of any roaches. The guest asserted "they may have scattered away." The guest almost immediately started demanding for a free night and full refund. I applied a 10% discount and promised her a 25% discount on future stay which the guest reluctantly accepted. Guest had paid $35.00 + tax and as 10% discount, $3.90 were refunded back to guest.
Twin Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our family stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and were very dissapointed. Yes the rooms were cheap but they were filthy. If you walked on the carpet without shoes your feet were black. Bathroom had hair and dirt and rusty fixtures. Hotel management assured me there would be a discount but that did not happen. Breakfast was a jug of milk and two containers with cereal and some walmart bread and bagels. Rooms and facility very neglected and unacceptable. Staff argued with us and charged our credit card twice. Be very careful of your dealings with these people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rodeway I, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear guest, we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. As new management, our goal is superior cleanliness of our rooms and the utmost satisfaction of our guests. However, I must point out that there were 5 adults and 3 children ( a total of 8 people ) in each of the two rooms. Our staff saw 4 sleeping bags in each room and multiple people with children from your room in the breakfast area. As it was Thanksgiving day, we generously allowed without charging any extra person fees.
Our breakfast is served fresh every morning offering our guests quality bread and bagels from Sysco, two types of juices, coffee, muffins and two types of cereal with milk.
We had applied a 15% discount on each room and promised a 20% discount on your future stay with us that was gladly accepted and signed at check-out.

Been to Rodeway Inn Red Hills? Share your experiences!