“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Excellent stay and great rates. Nice new room with all the amenities advertised, easy access except for construction going on. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Would stay here again for sure.

• Liked — New clean room
  • Disliked — Road construction
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

We stayed one night. Really clean, comfortable and pleasant place to stay. Good bed, no noise, very impressive breakfast

• Stayed June 2008
Kaysville, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

The halls and entry were very nice. Our room, including the bathroom was nicely decorated and clean. It says the pool is heated, but the water was way too cool for us and although we had hoped to swim, we did not because it was too cold.. The breakfast was quite good---good selection and it tasted good. The only problem, but to me, this is kind a big problem is COCKROACHES. We saw one on the wall in the hallway, one in our bathroom and some down at the pool. You know what they say about cockroaches---there is never just one, so this is a concern for me and I would truthfully have a hard time staying here again. I know it is a warm climate, but we've stayed in St. George before at other hotels and never have seen cockroaches before.

• Liked — well decorated
  • Disliked — cockroaches, bed was uncomfortable, pool was very cold
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

We are the, "Biggs HOG Chapter" of North San Diego County, California.
A “Well Respected”, group of Motorcycle Enthusiast.
We booked our stay at the Best Western – Abbey Inn at St. George, Utah from April 25 to April 28, 2008.

I and the other 71 people with me can't begin to tell you just how accommodating this hotel was.
The staff did everything to make our stay the most comfortable and enjoyable ever.

I am the booking coordinator for my club and I booked 41 rooms. So when it comes to complaints, I would have heard them if there were any. Instead all I heard was high praise. Our Club couldn't believe how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff was.

When we arrived, there was a sign to welcome our group along with fresh, hot baked cookies.

The rooms were spacious, immaculate and I would believe pretty well insulated for sound. Attention to detail, everything was done right. The bathroom was large, well lit with a clean tiled floor and a very nice showerhead with plenty of hot water and pressure. The AC was more than adequate and ran very quietly. There was a refrigerator in all rooms. The pool and spa area was clean and inviting.

We were especially surprised when we awoke the next morning to have the halls full of a delicious aroma of someone cooking in the kitchen. That’s right, breakfast was being served. It brought back memories of my child hood when Mom was cooking before we got up. A full breakfast complete with eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham. The food was delicious!

The Hotel staff allowed us to park our precious motorcycles under the Hotel awning and provided us with clean rags to wipe down our motorcycles.

If there was anything we needed, all we did was ask and it was immediately taken care of.

I am personally in debt to these folks for making me a hero with my club.

Special Thanks to, Mr. Moe Cyr, the hotel Group Bookings Manager, Mr. Jon Braaten, the hotel Catering Manager, and all the staff that made our stay so memorable.

If you would care to discuss any of this, please email me and I would be all too happy to explain further.

[-]

• Liked — The smell of Breakfast cooking in the mornings.
  • Disliked — I seriously could not find anything
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

Nice rooms, very helpful staff and very good amenities. A quite good buffet breakfast is included and the rooms are very comfortable with great beds, microwaves and fridges. A great place of you have kids

• Liked — Very comfortabe and well equiped rooms.
  • Disliked — Noisy shower which could be heard from next door and woke us at 06.30am!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

We stayed here for one night. It was comfortable and clean. Room was a decent size. Wi-fi was good. Breakfast was good. Nothing to complain about. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

I have stayed in a lot of US hotels (bad and good), but this was a GREAT experience!!! The moment I walked into the hotel lobby, I was shocked that it was so beautiful for a best western. I thought I had walked into a nice Marriott or something! The rooms were GREAT and clean and the breakfast was the LARGEST, YUMMIEST, breakfast I have ever had in a US hotel! I was so wonderfully surprised, that I still remember my stay 2 years later and wanted to write a review so that other people would stay there. This place is great!!!!

• Liked — clean, FABULOUS breakfast - really cant say enough about the breakfast!
  • Disliked — nothing - really :)
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Abbey Inn? Share your experiences!