“Great stay in St. George after visiting Zion National Park!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in St. George
“Great stay in St. George after visiting Zion National Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We had a great experience at Coral Hills. The staff was friendly and attentive. Our room was quiet. Three of us had great connectivity with the Wi-Fi. My wife and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. My wife once was a maid and she was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. We went to breakfast early and were pleasently suprised by the varied offferings and the lady was brining out more as we finished. There is a great Chinese Restaurant down the street. You can see some historic sites within a fair walking distance. They were working on the rook and painting the exterior (this was the only down point) - You can tell they maintain the place well. Check some of the Utsh travel and tourist websites and magazines for a great deal on a rate (much better than what they charge near the National Park).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, July 17, 2010
Thanks for noticing, and mentioning, so many good points! I’m especially grateful for the comment about our housekeepers; they do strive their best to do the job right. It is also true about the property being well maintained. It seems there is always another project around the corner to improve or upgrade the service, appearances or amenities of the property.

By the way, WELCOME to the TripAdvisor family! I see you just joined yesterday, that’s great! In addition to hotels you can also find out about restaurants and attractions of a city, and a lot of other neat features. I use it when I’m planning my own trips. It’s a really great site.
Thanks again for your review. Happy Trials!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed there for one night. Noisy air conditioning. I didn't sleep much. Breakfast was not good either and was in kind of basement of the lobby. Certainly, we're not going to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Thank you for staying with us. Naturally I am very sorry to read your stay was not satisfactory for you. I could have the specific air conditioner checked if I knew the room number you stayed in. Did you make the staff aware of this, even if only at check out? Sometimes with our best efforts it is still the guests who make us first aware of a problem. Meanwhile, I’ve asked housekeeping to pay attention to the A/C noise as they go through the rooms this week and report any that are unusually loud. We will then have maintenance service any machines reported.
In the future we hope to build a new office building and have breakfast on the same level. Until that day, we are doing the best we can with the tools we have. We have received may compliments regarding our continental breakfast and so I am very interested to know what did not meet your expectations.
I hope you will reconsider us in the future, but if not, I heartily recommend one of our sister Best Western Properties.
All my best!
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This review is a little belated (we travelled through St George on our way between Las Vegas and Monument Valley, November 2009), but it wouldn't be fair not to comment on it, because it was a happy surprise! We weren’t expecting too much as we got the room for a good price online, including breakfast for us all (2 adults, 2 kids). The hotel was still upgrading when we pulled in, to the extent that the room we were first given on check in had the locks off the doors, as the doors were being re painted that day. This was the most disappointing thing about our stay, as the room had been refurbished in latest linens and plasma tv etc - but when we informed the girl at the desk the door handles were still off the doors, instead of arranging this to be addressed sooner rather than later, we were given an older room. Nothing wrong with it, but not as nice as the new rooms! The girl on the desk at this stage was not very helpful or accommodating at all, although all other staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The toiletries in the bathroom were much higher standard than those we'd had in Las Vegas, and gratefully used by my daughter and myself. As it was November, we used the indoor heated pool to relax in after a long day, it was great. And the complementary breakfast didn't include anything hot (unless you made your own waffles), but was still a nice touch and well received at our early start the next day to Monument Valley. I'd certainly stay there again, and just hope this time we got one of the new rooms - our impression was there had been a recent change of ownership around that timne, and the new management were doing a great job in upgrading the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
It is always wonderful to hear from our guests! I am happy to report the renovations you saw us working on have been completed. We are now just about finished with replacing our rooftops!

The property has the same owners since the property was first constructed and the same management for the past 8 years. Typically we have focused on the upkeep of the rooms but it had become very apparent it was time to upgrade our outside appearance as well.

Thanks for your comments; it’s never too late to know how to improve and to know what our guests appreciate.
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I got this hotel on Priceline and was very pleased with it. The price was excellent for such a clean hotel with a friendly staff. The first night the front desk staff recommended a place called Fairway Grill for dinner and it was terrific. Another traveler on this website had recommended the Bear Paw Cafe, and I went there for lunch the next day and had probably the best lunch I have had in a long time.
My room was very comfortable and clean and the only complaint I had was that the people in the room next door chose to smoke out on their balcony so I could not sit outside and read my book. I suppose that since they could not smoke in their room, that was the next best option, but I had to keep my slider shut so I was not inundated with the smell of their cigarettes. :(
Other than that, the food at breakfast was fine, and the staff in there was friendly and courteous as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
I am glad to read that everything in our control went pleasantly. You should know there are another six excellent restaurants within two blocks of the Best Western Coral Hills. Maybe you will be able to try some others out next time you are in our area. Thanks for your comments about the staff; I will pass along your compliments to them.
We hope to serve you again and Happy Trails!
torrance
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Rooms were very comfortable clean and spacious. Bed was perfect and staff accomdating. Nice place for us to end a very long road trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
It was good to read that we were a nice place for you to end your trip.
I hope you stay with us again when in the area!
Happy Trails!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Loved the cleanliness and decor and bed or maybe I just had low expectations. The room and bathroom was great.
Breakfast was pretty standard, but on the higher end of average.
Cons: 1.Bad service--The front desk girl didnt let me have the Best Western points and was not the greatest person to ask questions/ talk to....rather rude and poor service.
2. Too far from Zion for a long hot day of trails.
Overall good place to stay in St. George but move on, stay in Springdale, its so much more cute.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Great having you stay with us and of course appreciate your comments. I will be reviewing the basics of customer service with the staff. I am sorry the interaction with the front desk was poor. I don’t know the reason frequent stay points were not given. But the most common reason is when the rate is discounted far below normal discounts which would include some of the third party booking sites (Priceline, Expedia or Hotels.com for example). Even being local I sympathize greatly. The time and distance can seem long after a great day enjoying hiking around Zion’s National Park and all I want to do is take a shower or sit in the spa.
Thanks for your review, Happy Trails!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Great hotel at a great price. Rooms were very clean and quiet; comfy beds. Breakfast was the usual continental fare but very attentive and pleasant staff at breakfast made it extra nice. Worth a visit!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
BWCoralHillsManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Coral Hills, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you for your review! I am glad to see your stay was pleasant and satisfactory.
Sarah & Travis are absolutely outstanding attendants in the breakfast room we are VERY fortunate to have the two of them with us. If you come back on a Saturday or Sunday you are likely to be Travis serving you, ask him to juggle for you…he’s very good at it!
Until next time…Happy Trails!

Been to BEST WESTERN Coral Hills? Share your experiences!