As a child, my family often stayed at this hotel. Now that I have my own family, I thought it would be fun to do the same.
LOCATION: Coral Hills is within walking distance of Town Square (which has a splash pad and small water area for kids), the new Children's Museum, Ancestor Square (restaurants), and a "Historic Walking Tour" that includes the Mormon Tabernacle, Old Courthouse, Brigham Young's Winter Home, Old Jail House, etc. There's an Iceberg fast food restaurant and a bowling alley across the boulevard and Laser Mania Fun Center a few blocks away. It's just below the "Dixie" mountain if you feel like hiking to it.
ROOM: This hotel has 2 older area's that are more like a motel (with outdoor room access and an outdoor pool) and a newer building (with an indoor hallway and indoor pool). The newer building has two floors. The upper level on one side has a small balcony with 2 chairs. Our room had two comfortable queen beds, small microwave, mini-fridge, small closet with full-length mirror doors, TV, bench, coffee maker, 2 sinks, hair dryer, and a bathtub. The room also had 2 soaps, body lotion and a small shampoo from Bath & Body Works and one travel-lite makeup removing towel. It did NOT have hair conditioner.
BREAKFAST: A free breakfast was included. Options were bagels, eggs, cereal, waffles, muffins, juice, milk, etc.
PROBLEMS: We experienced two problems during our 2-night stay. The first night we had to switch rooms at 9:30 pm because the heater/air conditioner wasn't working. I thought they might give us a discount on the room for the inconvenience but they didn't. The second problem was our room cards stopped working both mornings and we had to get the housekeeper to let us in even though they worked later in the day on both days.
OTHER: We were told they are in the process of renovating. I don't know if this will be included in the renovation but this is the only hotel we've ever stayed at where the building isn't securely locked. Every other hotel requires a room card to get into the building and pool but Coral Hills does not. The first night we went swimming I'm pretty sure the couple that was making out in the hot tub were not guests of the hotel because he had on regular shorts and she only had on undergarments. Not exactly appropriate for my little children to see but I also didn't notify anyone so I take the blame for that.
OVERALL: We enjoyed our time at Coral Hills and will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Coral Hills is newly remodeled and offers affordable luxury and quiet comfort with the area's beautiful golf courses only moments away. This AAA Three-Diamond property is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. The Hotel features a complimentary full/hot breakfast daily, outdoor heated swimming pool with water fountain, whirlpool, heated kids' pool, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room with treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and universal weight machine, self-guest laundry, pickup dry cleaning/laundry, putting green, fax/photocopy services, concierge assistance, 24-hour front desk service, free parking, large vehicle parking. Best Western Coral Hills is conveniently located in the Historic District of St. George, with some of St. George's finest restaurants - 18 within 3 blocks, historic sites, and shopping within two blocks; just a few minutes off I-15 (Exit 8) and approximately six miles from Saint George Municipal Airport. All Guest rooms feature FREE wifi, high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee-makers, alarm clock radios, free newspapers, 87 local and cable stations including HBO and Disney, air-conditioning, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, free local calls and voicemail. Local attractions and amenities within two miles include: LDS (Mormon) Temple & Visitor Center, Dixie State College, Zion Outlet Stores, Dixie Convention Center, Brigham Young Home, St. George Tabernacle, Rosenbruch World Wildlife Museum, Fiesta Family Fun Center, Bowling, Laser Tag, St. George Musical Theater, St. George Art Museum, Utah Pioneers Museum. Other area attractions include: Tuacahn Amphitheater, Dinosaur Tracks Site, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon State Park, Grand Canyon (North Rim), and Silver Reef Ghost Town, Lake Powell National Recreational Area and local hiking and biking trails. St. George is 120 miles/two hours north of Las Vegas, NV and 300 miles/4.5 Hours south of Salt Lake City, UT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Coral Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coral Hills Hotel St. George
- St George Best Western
- Best Western St. George
- BEST WESTERN Coral Hills St. George, Utah